• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore songwriter denies Your Name Engraved Herein plagiarism claims

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - The hit song Your Name Engraved Herein has been accused of plagiarism, but home-grown songwriter Tan Boon Wah - one of its three composers and lyricists - said his conscience is clear.

The controversy began on Saturday (Aug 28) when Taiwanese television host Jacky Wu claimed the song, which was performed by Taiwanese singer Crowd Lu and released last year, plagiarised British singer Richard Sanderson's Reality (1980).

Other netizens also claimed there are similarities between Your Name Engraved Herein and Chinese pianist Jinbao's song Liberty Hill.

Tan is contracted to Warner Chappell Music as a songwriter and worked with Malaysian collaborators Keon Chia and Hooi Yuan Teng on the track, which was also the theme song for a Taiwanese movie of the same name.

In an interview with Chinese-language evening daily Lianhe Wanbao, Tan recounted how he wrote the song's chorus melody.

"I was brushing my teeth one morning when a melody suddenly appeared in my mind. I just recorded it with my mobile phone and did not refer to any works." He added that he did not even know of Liberty Hill.

More at https://www.straitstimes.com/life/e...s-your-name-engraved-herein-plagiarism-claims