• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPH IP caught "grabbing" content from Temasek Review server

temasekreview

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Temasek Review site was down for almost 8 hours on 30 October 2009 from a massive DDOS or distributed denial of service attack. (read the details here)

A DDOS attack is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users. One common method of attack involves saturating the target (victim) machine with external communications requests, such that it cannot respond to legitimate traffic, or responds so slowly as to be rendered effectively unavailable.

An IP address is a numerical label that is assigned to devices participating in a computer network utilizing the internet protocol for communication between its nodes which helps in host and location identification.

To check your own IP, just go to http://whatismyipaddress.com and it will reveal your IP address in an instance. IP addresses are usually displayed in human-readable notations, such as 208.77.188.166.

On 1st November 2009, around 0100 hours while our system administrator was doing a routine check on the server and firewall, he noticed a flurry of network communication requests coming from one single IP address concurrently which caused our server’s load to increase tremendously.

Attached below is a snapshot of the apache-server status log which shows the IP addresses which have been accessing our site.

Read rest of article here:

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11/02/sph-and-recent-ddos-attack-on-temasek-review/

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think I know why.Everytime you go to google page and click news and click Singapore; one can find at least 3 or more news articles by Temasek Review...Lately I noticed I can hardly access news item by Temasek Review through Google News(Singapore)...SPH is blocking readers from accessing Temasek Review through Google News---especially by those in overseas...Besides,if the readership is poor google may drop Temasek Review in it's configuration of it's algorithm..Search engine's spider lingo lah!

Strongly advice Temasek Review to alert Google about this..