• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Something Happened at Police Cantonment Complex Today

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry, sidetrack abit.

2m, 3m or really 23m? 23m is very far for a pistol shot. the old S&W effective range cannot be more than 15m. if u really so good, then u shd be the one represent the nation for the pistol competition instead of that chinaman.

yes 23m behind barricade. one hand some more. since regular till i resigned, going through reservist and now finished my cycle, all the while im a good shooter. imagine last time still gotta run down dont know how many meter before firing. night shoot the light damn dim and the target look like ghost standing there!!! we have to shoot at 5m, 10m, 15m and 23m.

i also wonder how come im not selected for the johor shield competition. :confused: always the few inner circle from PA kena. maybe with proper training i can be olympic gold medalist too!!! :eek:

anyway im not the only sharp shooter, i actually know a few who is as good as me. can really get 100/100 for test shoot!!! but police also a lot of bobo shooter, having difficulties in passing the test every year. promotion hanging yet still cannot pass.

i think u r right they should start looking in spf for olympic shooting event rather than getting some foreign ah tiong!!!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I were u, I stop bragging about my score and go for full physical checkup. The Police Academy indoor range was poorly ventilated and if u are lau cheow, you shouldbe tested for lead caused ailments and disease. The lead dust flying around in there can cause u all sorts of health issue.

were you from the force? you call that indoor? just a bloody shed with holes at the roof top!!! now the new one at HTA is really a indoor range!!! with air con and you cant hear a thing once are out of the door!!! m16 also the same, all the smoke not toxic meh??? i think all went through NS got the same prob you mentioned. did you serve you NS and fire M16 like others?

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but police also a lot of bobo shooter, having difficulties in passing the test every year. promotion hanging yet still cannot pass.

Reminded me of an incident 20 yrs ago. My friend requested for assistance from me. We kelonged. Made arrangements to be next to each other. I fired some rounds into his target. Night time chiong nightclub. He got his 'aduan' to foot the bill.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, no offence to you answer but 2 of my relatives who jumped floor got their payout. No lies about it.

No problem.

You referring to civilians? They do get paid but it is only after 12 mths?

Police's own insurance don't pay for suicide cases. Used to in the past. Stopped in the early 90s. Either during Boon Hui or Tua Bah's time as CP.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, no offence to you answer but 2 of my relatives who jumped floor got their payout. No lies about it.

Private purchase insurance get payout once premium exceed 12 months. If the sucide guy only have mata insurance then his family are screw. But I doubt so.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No problem.

Police's own insurance don't pay for suicide cases. Used to in the past. Stopped in the early 90s. Either during Boon Hui or Tua Bah's time as CP.

Yes you are right brother. After 12 months. But no family would want this sort of insurance payout.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No problem.

CONFIRMED
TuaBah was the guy who ordered that payment to be stopped as during his time there were many suicides among officers.
What were the reasons no one knows.
When Boon Hui took over the suicides went down.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[/I][/B]

CONFIRMED
TuaBah was the guy who ordered that payment to be stopped as during his time there were many suicides among officers.
What were the reasons no one knows.
When Boon Hui took over the suicides went down.

I suppose the main reason was to deter policemen from taking their own lives. Not sure whether it really works though suicide rates went down thereafter. Imo, purely coincidental. Would a mata mata who wants to kill himself be bothered by non-insurance payout?

Sidetrack a little. Yet to know of policewomen killing themselves with their revolvers.

I seriously think the upper echelon should do a rethink. I strongly believe we would not suddenly be confronted by an escalation in suicide rates. Yes, the officer disgraced the SPF. But, why punish his family? They are victims, just like the SPF. While I have no experience in suicide, I opine it takes lots of guts to finish one's own life. Tio bo?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering if SPF provides psychological tests and mental support for its police workers. Don't want to see the day when one runs amok and commits a Columbine style massacre in Singapore.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just wondering if SPF provides psychological tests and mental support for its police workers. Don't want to see the day when one runs amok and commits a Columbine style massacre in Singapore.

They do. But one gets stigmatised. Weapon seized etc. Definitely not a plus for your Personal File.