• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Party?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Pa

I'll just make something up. It's done all the time.

That's typical of a Loser's approach to life. It defines what a Loser is rather than if he or she owns a freehold property.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Pa

That's typical of a Loser's approach to life. It defines what a Loser is rather than if he or she owns a freehold property.

That's not a loser's approach to life. That's a politician's approach to life.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

18074178.7996825.jpg
Serious, I should start the Singapore Chapter of the OZ Sex Party.
18074178.7996873.jpg

• Instant solution to falling Singapore Birth rates.
  • Compete with the high birth rates of FTs.
  • It will keep the Lee family busy so that they have no time for defamation suits, esp those petty cases that cannot stand up to a Proper Justice System. (outside Singapore)
  • Save those lonely Singapore men from being cheated by PRC mei meis.
  • All those bottled up stress need an outlets, esp those workers with lady bosses. Or career women who are abandoned by Singapore males.
  • Theose who are cursed because of their father can also seek help here.
    Lee-Wei-Ling.jpg
  • Make Singapore a happier and healthier place to live in.

Last edited:

peanuts100k

Alfrescian
Loyal

One vision for Singapore,to make healthcare afforable.Not to borrow money or use up all your life savings to pay to live.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

One vision for Singapore,to make healthcare afforable.Not to borrow money or use up all your life savings to pay to live.

Various GRC/SMC and various groups are giving out medical subsidies. But this does not solve the root problem of high cost of healthcare. This whole healthcare subsidy is a big charade to give the impression MIW is helping. Why not the MIW pump in more subsidies into the hospital bills directly instead of giving medical subsidy handouts to the patients? The MIW could just offset the hefty bills directly. Malaysia's healthcare especially medication is way cheaper.

The heathcare sector has many Foreign Talents and they're supposed to be cheaper. So the question is why healthcare costs are not going down?

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Various GRC/SMC and various groups are giving out medical subsidies. But this does not solve the root problem of high cost of healthcare.

If your car breaks down, you pay a mechanic to get it fixed.

If your body breaks down, why the hell do people expect others to pick up the bill???? Those who are worried about their health should start saving when they're still young and healthy or buy a life insurance plan with a medical rider. I have a prudential policy that pays out $250,000 for any critical illness.

I do not expect anyone else to have to pay my medical bills. It's my health and it's my responsibility.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

If your body breaks down, why the hell do people expect others to pick up the bill???? Those who are worried about their health should start saving when they're still young and healthy or buy a life insurance plan with a medical rider. I have a prudential policy that pays out $250,000 for any critical illness.

I do not expect anyone else to have to pay my medical bills. It's my health and it's my responsibility.

Again confirmed what my psychologist fellow social worker said about you after reading samples of your postings. That you're just being be an idiot. Not an idiot, but just wanting to be an idiot.

As Scroobal had said, you are overdoing it already. And even if you must, can I appeal you not do so when we are discussing the plights of the poor and the severely unprivileged. They are already suffering enough, please don't mock them.

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal

a more caring society, I don't want a government who is so money-faced, keep talking money to us
a non discriminating society - you look at the public transport especially the SMRT, if you don't know English, you will lose your way inside there
more personal freedom for people to pursue their interests - not to be burdened with lots of regulation, watching over your shoulders
a free air wave, allow satellite to be used in Singapore so we can be more knowledgeable citizens

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

That Singapore provides more Official Development Assistance

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

a more caring society, I don't want a government who is so money-faced, keep talking money to us
a non discriminating society - you look at the public transport especially the SMRT, if you don't know English, you will lose your way inside there
more personal freedom for people to pursue their interests - not to be burdened with lots of regulation, watching over your shoulders
a free air wave, allow satellite to be used in Singapore so we can be more knowledgeable citizens

The Singapore govt talks money because they have found that it's the only subject most Sinkies are interested in.

People who don't understand English deserve to be shot. It's a universal language. EVERYONE should learn the basics.

You can get all the info you need over the internet. You don't need a satellite dish. Most of what you'd get from a satellite connection is streamed on the internet anyway.

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Singapore govt talks money because they have found that it's the only subject most Sinkies are interested in.

People who don't understand English deserve to be shot. It's a universal language. EVERYONE should learn the basics.

You can get all the info you need over the internet. You don't need a satellite dish. Most of what you'd get from a satellite connection is streamed on the internet anyway.

Yes. They talk money because that is a common language and something that all of us understand.

And that is their problem. They only know how to appeal to the baser side of human nature. Sure, they might be intelligent and cultured in their private lives, but they don't bring that to their day jobs as leaders of the nation and politicians. How to convince others to join up? No wonder at the bottom of their barrel, they can only offer people like Tin Pei Ling.

To use a (not-so-good) analogy, everyone can understand Hokkien vulgarities. So you decide to couch everything in terms of Hokkien vulgarities. Then you act surprised when part of your intended audience of educated people who you want to engage decide to avoid you at dinner parties. The only people left who want to talk to you is because you have money to give to them.

BTW, this is not new. Catherine Lim nailed that problem down for them more than 10 years ago. Goh chose to talk about cul-de-sac and knuckle dusters and reveal his own set of biases. What a way to miss the point.

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal

EVERYONE should learn the basics.
I also wish everyone could understand/speak/read/write English! haha

It's a universal language.
But, much as I wish it were, I'm afraid the reality is that it isn't.
Although English does have the most countries in which it is an official language:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_where_English_is_an_official_language
There are still many countries where very few can understand/speak it, let alone read and write it, through no fault of their own.

People who don't understand English deserve to be shot.
Therefore, I obviously don't think such people deserve to be shot/killed.

Sure, they might be intelligent and cultured in their private lives, but they don't bring that to their day jobs as leaders of the nation and politicians.
Actually, such hypocrisy is the norm in most, if not all, countries...
And this is one thing that I would say is truly universal! haha

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

I don't agree with the money part. It gets relative when you move from the elite to the really needy. It cannot be viewed through the same tinted glasses.

But I do agree with LeongSam on the language part, not because of any universality in the English language but because it is the common language that all Singaporeans are able to communicate with one another. I

think locally borne Singaporeans have enough grounding in the English language to understand road names, directional signs without having to translate these into 101 languages. The deluge of FT/FW who are not willing to make the adjustment of the place is what is shouting for these multi-lingual signage.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sam,

What about the old and uneducated ones? I am referring to those who toil their bodies and sweat to help build the country in the early years. Most are uneducated and are unaware of health insurance in their early years. Now some are left alone and having to fend off medical bills. Some of them dread going to the doctors because they have the impression it is a costly affair.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Sam,

What about the old and uneducated ones? I am referring to those who toil their bodies and sweat to help build the country in the early years. Most are uneducated and are unaware of health insurance in their early years. Now some are left alone and having to fend off medical bills. Some of them dread going to the doctors because they have the impression it is a costly affair.

People seem to have this romantic notion that the older generation responded to a noble calling which is now referred to as "nation building". The reality is a lot more mundane. They were simply earning a living in order to feed themselves and their families.

They toiled because they were illiterate so hard labour was the only option.

They have now reached the point where age and failing health means it's time for them to take the last curtain call. That's what the cycle of life is all about and it's been that way since the dawn of mankind.

Nobody escapes death. The more wealthy may be able to postpone the inevitable but they can't avoid it. At the end of the day, we're all going to meet our maker. There is little point in the unhealthy consuming the resources of the healthy just so they can live a few more years.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
People seem to have this romantic notion that the older generation responded to a noble calling which is now referred to as "nation building". The reality is a lot more mundane. They were simply earning a living in order to feed themselves and their families.

They have now reached the point where age and failing health means it's time for them to take the last curtain call. That's what the cycle of life is all about and it's been that way since the dawn of mankind.

Wah. LeongSam, you seem to have a lot of excuses for not having to pay your debt to those who had toiled to make the world you are enjoying today.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My vision is to tackle those top civil servants in Singapore. Those who are die-hard PAP suckers will have their assets frozen, investigation carried out to check on their moral background, whether they involved in any corruption practices. Their passport will be impounded and bank frozen until further notice. All such juicy news will be printed across national paper in big prints. Showing how fuck up PAP was as ruling party.

I will take over the control of SPH, mediacorp and other top brass stat boards and delinked them from PAP. The chairman and CEO who have relationship with the previous ruling party will be replaced. All accounts book checked for transparancy and integrity. I will engage international governing body as independent party to carry out the jobs of thorough check on all government accounts, citizens will be involved and mobilised since we have no lack of such talent.

The kangaroo courts -one cuntry-two systems rules will be revealed and reviewed. Those PAP opponents locked under ISA will be given fair review and compensated while PAP old guards will be brought to shame publicly. I want Singapore history to be genuine for Singaporeans. All PAP stories will be scrutinised for errors and fiction. If need be, Mah Bao Tan, Ho Peng Kee will be charged for failing the people. All ministers local and overseas assets to be exposeed for public scrutiny and list them down to the last cents in their pocket.

Their relatives, siblings and blood related association will be similarly make public to exposed conflict-of-interest exist - like Temasek and GIC. I will expand Changi prisons to accomodate all the corruption officers, ministers will be no exception while investigation is pending. If found guilty, all their ill-gotten assets will be liquidated into state coffer and redistributed to the society in the form mentioned below.

The ilks of PAP which main stream media tried to cover up will be announced across the nation, words they used, jokes they makes, sarcasm and mismanagement of public trust all thrown into the day. I want them all accounted for and make into international headlines news to show how fucked up PAP and screwed up they have been all these years. There are not lack to prove the truth. Each minister will be interviewed on national TV, judged by a panel like they were interviewing a criminal so that the world know exactly who they were and why they were forced to behave the way they did.

Singaporeans policies will come first, scholarship, public school vacancies should not have foreigners. Foreigner can only do their studies in private school, not public school.

All social fees to be reviewed and cut to ensure Singaporeans come first and not handicapped by excessive charge. Hospital, housing, utilities and transport to be nationalised so that the fundamental needs of people are met without worrying about cost and affordability. This will encourage fertily rate and home loyalty.

I will cut down foreigners intake, scrap S passes. into Singapore and add high value human capital into this nation. I will sponsor students who are truly talented in what they do and brings added value to our economy regardless of their education background eg. someone like Steve Job, Bill gate, John Elton, James Cameron, stuart koe...etc. They can be in any field. Empty headed scholar is a waste of public money.

I will convert China town and Selegie street into its traditional days where flea market is abunant. Entrepreneur aspirants will have a place to do their business at very cheap rental. I want us to be asia largest flea markets, next to Thailand Chatuchak. I will conver Sentosa into Asia's largest disney land or hollywood with true talents and show. This will bring in our tourist dollars.

All lower level jobs like cleaner, dishwashers, rubbish collectors, tough labourer jobs will be given to foreigners. Aged Singaporeans need not have to work full time, only part-time respectable PR jobs in supermarts, to past time, so that they have time for family to look after their grand childrens. Foreigners will be barred from taking up such easy position and encouraged company to employ locals. Singapore will not stop them from relocating overseas if they are not happy with my policies. If other countries can protect their own people, I strongly believe we too can do likewise.

There is no end for thought to make Singapore a place worth living. The aim is to turn Singapore from a stress and unhappy population to one that is called a place of smile and joy.

Last edited:

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nobody escapes death. The more wealthy may be able to postpone the inevitable but they can't avoid it. At the end of the day, we're all going to meet our maker. There is little point in the unhealthy consuming the resources of the healthy just so they can live a few more years.

You should add on that Singapore should enact a law to force parents discard any unhealthy or disabled newly borns, so these newly borns will not be a burden to society

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks. Detailed and you basically summed up.

History is written by victors, unfortunately. If the opposition could form the government, then they have the opportunity to re-write history. Take the recent GE2011, WP has earned themselves a page in history books.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks. Detailed and you basically summed up.

WP has earned themselves a page in history books.

Not just a page, but a book. If you visit popular bookshop, you will see the green color book with photo of George and LTK face-off. It was all wrapped up tightly in plastic and I didn't get the chance to browse, but when I saw SPH logo there, you can forget about owning the book.