• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Solid Proofs! Only SG CHINESE and not other race will get Persecution in Sinkie land

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal

Police have arrested two 17-year-old male Chinese youths for allegedly posting racist remarks online.

They had allegedly made derogatory comments aimed at a minority race here and were arrested last Thursday and Friday. This came after two reports on the racist posts, found on Facebook and Twitter, were lodged last Wednesday.

The police said in a statement yesterday that the posts could "promote ill-will and hostility between different races in Singapore".

It is understood that the two suspects are not related. Investigations are ongoing.

Netizens expressed outrage on Twitter over the posts, calling the suspects "racist" and "shallow" after a screenshot of two offending posts went viral last Wednesday.

One tweet of the screenshot had at least 92 re-tweets.

The police said that they take a "stern view" of the matter, adding that the public "should let the investigations take their course and refrain from adding comments that may further inflame the situation".

Police added that anyone who re-posts or makes offensive comments on the racist posts, and is found to have committed an offence, "will be dealt with in accordance with the law".

This is not the first incident of online acts of racism by youth this year. In March, a Nanyang Polytechnic student known as Shimun Lai wrote racist remarks on her Facebook and Twitter accounts.

She eventually expressed deep regret and apologised for her actions.

Under the Sedition Act, anyone found guilty of promoting feelings of ill-will and hostility between different races or classes here can be fined up to $5,000, jailed for up to three years, or both.

[email protected]

A Young People's Action Party (YP) member has resigned from the People’s Action Party (PAP) after one of his online posts sparked accusations of racism.

Mr Jason Neo, 30, had posted a religiously and racially offensive caption to a photograph which he uploaded on his Facebook page.

The posting showed a photo he had taken of a school bus with Malay children from Huda Kindergarten, in Woodlands, dressed in their uniform which includes traditional Malay headwear.

His caption said: 'Bus filled with young terrorist trainees?'

This posting, which was made in February before he joined the PAP, went viral recently.

An online furore followed, drawing criticism from Malay opposition politicians and playwright Alfian Sa'at, among others.

His actions were also condemned by YP leaders, including YP chairman Teo Ser Luck.

At least three police reports have been made against him, and the police are investigating the matter.

Mr Neo has also issued an apology on his Facebook page, saying he made the post was out of a "moment's folly" and did not, in any way, represent the view of the PAP or the YP.

He said: "I hereby offer those within our Muslim community and anyone else offended my most sincere and unreserved apology."

Mr Neo, a volunteer at Meet-the-People sessions in Sembawang, had joined the YP in June.

SINGAPORE - The National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) and the police are investigating a YouTube video of a drunk student making racist jokes.

The first-year SIM student, Justin Wee, 24, was captured on video spewing vulgarities and passing derogatory comments on Malays and Indians, The Straits Times reported.

There were also other voices in the video egging the student to tell "more Malay jokes or Indian jokes", to which the student responded: "My racist jokes damn awesome right?"

In the video, Mr Wee was unable to sit up properly and was propped up by a friend.

The SIM student told The Straits Times that he had joined a dance team at the NUS annual Rag Day and that the jokes were told when he was drunk.

The New Paper reported that an SIM spokesman had said that the school was "appalled by what we see on the video." The university is also deliberating on an appropriate disciplinary action.

NUS also confirmed with The Straits Times that the video was shot by an NUS student, and that the students involved in the video have been reprimanded for their behaviour.

Mr Wee meanwhile sent out an email statement of apology on Monday expressing regret for his comments in the video.

In his email, he said that he realised the video was on YouTube the day after the incident and his requests to make the video private were ignored.

He admitted that he was a "fool not to insist on it", the paper said.

[email protected]

SINGAPORE - When Mr Ashveen Nair saw the racist tweet posted up by a Nanyang Polytechnic student, he almost immediately headed to the police station nearby to lodge a police report.

The business development manager at a recruitment company found the rant against Indians, which included expletives, offensive and felt that there was malice behind it.

The tweet, made in complaint of the overcrowding situation in trains, singled out the race by comparing them to dogs and saying that they should ride in a separate train cabin.

He explained his reason for reading malicious intent into it, saying that comments came across as having been thought through for a while.

He acknowledged that the student, Ms Lai Shimun, may have done so in a fit of frustration, but said he still felt the need to report her as a 'good citizen should'.

He said as he is not in a position of authority to contact her and tell her that what she did was wrong, he turned to the police to step in.

Mr Nair also felt that the comments were more damaging to local society than the comments made by Chinese national Sun Xu.

The National University of Singapore undergraduate scholarship holder was fined $3,000 and had his final semester scholarship benefits terminated for his derogatory comments made about Singaporeans.

He explained that Ms Lai's comments were worse as she is a local girl who insulted a minority race, as compared to Sun Xu, who is a foreigner insulting Singaporeans.

"Because she is a Singaporean - one of us - and should know better," he said.

Mr Nair is asking that Ms Lai issue a public apology and to explain her remarks to the local Indian community.

Ever since a media storm was ignited by her tweet, Ms Lai has been uncontactable. Her Twitter and Facebook page have also been deactivated.

While public opinion is largely against her, with netizens calling her a 'racist' and 'disgrace', others have said she was a victim of friends who spread her private rant that was meant to be shared with only a small circle of followers online.

Some even opinioned that Mr Nair is wrong for calling the police for such a small incident. But Mr Nair has justified his action saying that Ms Lai has to "come out to face the fire and clean up (her) mess" to answer to those she has offended.

[email protected]

SINGAPORE - NTUC has fired an assistant director who posted a racist comment on her Facebook page.

In a statement on Monday, the NTUC said: "The NTUC takes a serious view on racial harmony in Singapore. We will not accept and have zero tolerance towards any words used or actions taken by our staff that are racially offensive."

The assistant director of NTUC's Membership Partnership & Alliance, Amy Cheong, had allegedly posted a disparaging comment on Facebook about Malay weddings at void decks.

Earlier on its Facebook page, NTUC Membership said: "Dear fans of NTUC Membership, we have been alerted of an inappropriate comment, allegedly made by one of our staff recently. This matter is being investigated and we will have a report in due course. This is a serious concern to all of us and will be addressed shortly. The Labour Movement centers on inclusivity and we will not accept words or action of any of our staff that is insensitive or offending to any community."

NTUC, or the National Trades Union Congress, is Singapore's labour movement, whose vision is for 'better and more meaningful life where working people of all collars, all ages, and all nationalities can live, work and play together in Singapore'.

Her comment generated a flurry of responses and comments online, including a Facebook page called FIRE Amy Cheong, which has 2,030 likes when last checked.

In a comment in the AsiaOne forums, a reader known as oldrupert said: "Such comments are uncalled for, rude and totally unacceptable in a multi racial society like ours."

Ms Cheong later posted another comment on Facebook, saying: "It is in no way a reflection of NTUC and the good works it has done and is doing for its members. It was my own bad judgement for which I truly regret. I certainly do not mean to distress the Malay community with my comment, I was just upset with the noise. I truly do not mean to be judgmental or critical. I am truly sorry.

She also later replied to various people on microblogging site Twitter with an apology, saying: "Hi All, It was a silly comment. It was not meant to be 'racist' comment and I do apologize for any distress it has caused."

"The postings on this site are my own and do not represent any organisation I am associated with," she said.

She also said: "After this episode, i have realized how one generic post can create so many hurtful and cruel posts from strangers."

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Solid Proofs! Only SG CHINESE and not other race will get Persecution in Sinkie l

The latest is amy cheong employed by ntuc that got angry and wrote some comment since she got disturbed by some malay wedding and wrote a small comment on her own FB page. She has been fired by ntuc but apparently to some netizens that's not good enough she should be jailed or who knows raped or something.

It's good that you brought up these double standards. Some of these ppl will use these supposed double standards to be racist to chinese ppl cos they expect they won't be arrested. Something like the flash mobs the blacks do in the US or how they assault whites over there but you need to remember the whites used to enslave them and they are still being discriminated even today. Sg isn't like the US so the chinese here definitely don't deserve that.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Solid Proofs! Only SG CHINESE and not other race will get Persecution in Sinkie l

Posted by temasektimes on October 6, 2012
http://temasektimes.files.wordpress....h=165Singapore netizens should always be courteous and respectful in their comments posted online, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
In his latest update on Facebook, PM Lee shared an article from Wall Street Journal ‘Why we are so rude online’ and urged netizens to be more aware of what they do online:
“In my National Day Rally, I expressed concern about some of the nasty views expressed online, especially anonymously. This problem is not unique to Singapore. This article explains why people can be so rude online, and say things that they would never say face-to-face.”
He added netizens should behave towards others as they wold like others to behave to them:
“I hope this understanding helps us to be more aware of what we do online. We should feel free to express our thoughts and opinions. But let us always be courteous and respectful in our comments and postings, and behave towards others as we would like others to behave towards us.”
Following a drop in its percentage of votes in the General Election last year with significant gains for the real opposition parties like the Singapore Democratic Party which was widely attributed to the influence of the new media, the PAP has implemented a series of measures to reclaim cyberspace such as setting up a news blog ‘singapolitics.sg’ to ‘engage’ its online critics[/I]

I believe PAP needs to check their own backyard. They should start with CPIB. Once you clean that up then you can move on the gigantic iceberg.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whatever is happening to society? Aren't we supposed to be more open-minded, liberal, tolerant and have a sense of humour to laugh at ourselves? Everything needs to be taken seriously and be politically correct? WTF? Don't like it, don't read it!!! Like it, add some more. Jeez.

Cheers!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

"Proof" is a non countable noun. You do not add an "s" to make it plural.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whatever is happening to society? Aren't we supposed to be more open-minded, liberal, tolerant and have a sense of humour to laugh at ourselves? Everything needs to be taken seriously and be politically correct? WTF? Don't like it, don't read it!!! Like it, add some more. Jeez.

Cheers!

This only applies when the chinese are being targetted. When it involves another race like malays you must be jailed, sued, sacked, humiliated and malays still are nice, tolerant, friendly ppl.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is same as in US and UK and Europe.............

where whites are in trouble over racist comments or crimes.............blacks can get away with it, even serious crimes against whites..........

this is to make the majority (dominant race in the country) fearful and to diminish national identity............if you punish the minority, then there's no fear liao..........

so why S'pore like US, UK and Europe ?

becoz all are running on the same agenda set by the same masters...........

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

First the Chinese are robbed of their language,then the chinese schools,then the road sign boards and now persecuted and act as a punching bag.I think this wayang should stop!This mother father son should know that he has a Chinese mother and chinese wife I guess and he should not persecute the Chinese !

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

The more I think of this wayang show,the more angry I am.Look at Matland ,the mat are championing all out for their own mat no matter what party they belong to,but our own Chinese here are persecuting their own Chinese brothers to play "gentleman" for their own sake !I wonder how long can the Chinese tolerate such wayang show?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

"Proof" is a non countable noun. You do not add an "s" to make it plural.

Not necessarily true.

(a) There is a lot of proof that he did it. -> correct.

(b) He gave 3 different proofs of the mathematical formula. -> correct

Proof can mean "evidence", or it can mean "demonstration".

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pap tactics....divide and conquer

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The more I think of this wayang show,the more angry I am.Look at Matland ,the mat are championing all out for their own mat no matter what party they belong to,but our own Chinese here are persecuting their own Chinese brothers to play "gentleman" for their own sake !I wonder how long can the Chinese tolerate such wayang show?

Some bloody Chinese only know how to discriminate their own kind known as the Chinese dogs. They become little bitches when up against non Chinese. Have you ever seen non Chinese like Malays talking about fairness for all especially Chinese? No what it's always take and take and ignore discrimination on Chinese but complain about small things Chinese do to them.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The latest is amy cheong employed by ntuc that got angry and wrote some comment since she got disturbed by some malay wedding and wrote a small comment on her own FB page. She has been fired by ntuc but apparently to some netizens that's not good enough she should be jailed or who knows....

she deserves it for opening up her cb mouth on fb. moreover, she's not some trashy hooker but an assistant director with a prominent employer. for sure to get the boot. every f*cker knows it's an annoyance when loud events in the void deck last longer than they should, e.g. parties, funerals, meet the people sessions (:p), etc., but to blurt one's bigotted mind out loudly on fb or any social media with your real profile and work connections is bordering on stupidity. i won't simply just fire her for her speaking her heart out. i'll fire her for her utter idiocy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

she deserves it for opening up her cb mouth on fb. moreover, she's not some trashy hooker but an assistant director with a prominent employer. for sure to get the boot. every f*cker knows it's an annoyance when loud events in the void deck last longer than they should, e.g. parties, funerals, meet the people sessions (:p), etc., but to blurt one's bigotted mind out loudly on fb or any social media with your real profile and work connections is bordering on stupidity. i won't simply just fire her for her speaking her heart out. i'll fire her for her utter idiocy.

Ok I see your pt but there have been Malays posting racist stuff about Chinese burning durning 7th month and suffered nothing at all.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ok I see your pt but there have been Malays posting racist stuff about Chinese burning durning 7th month and suffered nothing at all.

are they some jobless losers with nothing to lose, or are they executives and directors of prominent commercial entities? if amy is a geylang street hooker, and perhaps she will be soon, no one would care.