• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies protesting against CMC mediation by cooking curry next Sunday!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean event goes viral
Zenzen
inSing.com - 1 hr 51 mins ago
pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">The Facebook page of the public event. (Pic / Screencap)</cite>
An event titled "Cook a pot of curry!" has gone viral on Facebook.

The public event where anyone on Facebook can join, is believed to be in response to recent news that a family of Chinese nationals complained about a local Indian family cooking curry.

According to a report in the Today newspaper on 8 August, the family of new immigrants could not stand the smell of curry. They reportedly told the Indian family, "Can you please do something? Can you don't cook curry? Can you don't eat curry?"

After mediation at the Community Mediation Centre (CMC), the two families reportedly reached a compromise. The Indian family agreed to cook curry only when the family of Chinese nationals was not home. In return, the Indian family wanted their neighbours to give curry a try.

Many netizens are in an uproar that locals have to "conform to the likes and dislikes" of new immigrants instead of the other way round.

In response, the five creators of the event are asking Singaporean to "cook a pot of curry all over the island on Sunday, 21 August, and let the aroma of curries permeate the nation".

Finally, the organisers say, "We are Singaporeans and we LOVE our curries!"

The "Cook a pot of curry" event has received nearly 24,000 attendees at the time of this article.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RECIPE

Violet Oon's Singapore chicken curry

This is a rich and pungent dish. If a milder curry is preferred, reduce the amount of curry powder to suite one's taste.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 two-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
  • 7 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
  • 10 shallots, peeled and coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup Singapore curry powder (see recipe)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 chicken, cut into about 20 bite-size pieces
  • 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3 cups thin coconut milk (see recipe)
  • 1 pound small potatoes, peeled and halved
  • 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
  • 1 loaf French bread, cut into serving slices
PREPARATION<dl class="preparationSteps" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><dt style="font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; float: left; width: 26px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">1.</dt><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 18px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 26px; ">Using a mortar and pestle, pound, in this order, the ginger, the garlic and the shallots until they are fine. The ingredients may also be finely ground in the container of a blender or food processor.</dd><dt style="font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; float: left; width: 26px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">2.</dt><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 18px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 26px; ">Mix the curry powder with one-half cup water and blend to a paste. Mix half the curry paste with the pounded ginger, garlic and shallot mixture, and rub all over the chicken pieces. Marinate at least one-half hour.</dd><dt style="font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; float: left; width: 26px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">3.</dt><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 18px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 26px; ">Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. The oil should be very hot. Add remaining curry paste and fry for three to four minutes, or until paste is fragrant and turns a rich, dark brown.</dd><dt style="font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; float: left; width: 26px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">4.</dt><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 18px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 26px; ">Add the marinated chicken and reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes, or until spices are cooked.</dd><dt style="font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; float: left; width: 26px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">5.</dt><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 1.5em; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 26px; ">Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes and salt, and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender and potatoes cooked. Note that this dish is better the second day. If the curry will be reheated later, slightly undercook at this stage so that the potatoes do not become mushy. Traditionally, this dish is served with fresh hot French bread for soaking up the thick gravy.</dd></dl>
<dl class="recipeTerms yieldTerms wrap" style="margin-top: 14px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; display: block; "><dt style="font-size: 1.1em; line-height: 1.6em; float: left; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 8px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-weight: bold; ">YIELD</dt><dd class="yield hmeasure" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 36px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 1.3em; line-height: 1.3em; float: left; ">Four servings</dd></dl>

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng thanks rogue trader for the yummy curry recipe.:biggrin: let us all cook curry in the entire block and chase those PRCs out of our land.:mad:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yummy...my wife seldom cook curry but I will ask her to do so this Sunday. In fact it is one of my family's favourite dish. Best to be eaten with french loaf.

jw5

Loyal
For all those planning to cook curry or eat curry, it's no use if the prcs can't smell it, even worse if they happen to like it.

You have to target those prcs who hate the smell of curry. :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I once attended a funeral of my friend's late Uncle... The chicken curry that was cooked at the funeral was really delicious..

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's next? Chinese funerals and Malay weddings ordered not to cook curry? Be considerate to PRC?

I'm Chinese but I can't stand those PRCs also. They're not the same as our ancestors who came here generations ago, get used to it and invented Chinese curry rice, curry chicken, curry chicken, curry fishhead, laksa etc. Curry in Singapore is not an Indian dish anymore, it's for all Chinese, Malay and Indian Singaporeans.

The Chinese old saying 入乡随俗 becomes 喧宾夺主 for PRCs now. Fuck them off! :oIo:

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's next? Chinese funerals and Malay weddings ordered not to cook curry? Be considerate to PRC?

I'm Chinese but I can't stand those PRCs also. They're not the same as our ancestors who came here generations ago, get used to it and invented Chinese curry rice, curry chicken, curry chicken, curry fishhead, laksa etc. Curry in Singapore is not an Indian dish anymore, it's for all Chinese, Malay and Indian Singaporeans.

The Chinese old saying 入乡随俗 becomes 喧宾夺主 for PRCs now. Fuck them off! :oIo:

lianbeng asks, "shall we splash curry on their stupid heads?"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to see Singaporeans from all walks of life sticking it to the cheap fucks who call themselves Talents.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For all those planning to cook curry or eat curry, it's no use if the prcs can't smell it, even worse if they happen to like it.

You have to target those prcs who hate the smell of curry. :biggrin:

It is symbolic and a statement to show support that cooking curry is normal for all Singaporeans. If you go to American annd tell the Americans not to BBQ, see what happens to you.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you go to American annd tell the Americans not to BBQ, see what happens to you.
lol no1 will tell the yank not to BBQ instead will join them. why? cuz they are angmo.
isnt it ironic?:biggrin:

Many netizens are in an uproar...and these netizens could be the 60% hypocrites.:eek:

i said, let the prc and ah neh bash each other. we juz watch show.:biggrin:

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luv the curry chicken or beef especially cooked by mum or the wife! The aroma really makes me salivate...those fucktard PRCs who got offended by the smell are usually from the North! Northen PRCs prefer salty/sweet food unlike Southerners, they can handle spicy stuff!

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
this will happen bro. Btw thanks for the uplift from the JeTaime song.

image001[1].jpg

It is symbolic and a statement to show support that cooking curry is normal for all Singaporeans. If you go to American annd tell the Americans not to BBQ, see what happens to you.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lianbeng asks, "shall we splash curry on their stupid heads?"

hi there

1. ah beng kor, you so fierce man!
2. betterer splash curry onto prc door just like some loanshark thing or what.
3. honest, i just have a prc family as my new neighbour, just husband/wife thing.
4. the guy is pretty polite and chatty.
5. but the wife looks as if she is the most beautiful thing on god's green earth.
6. stupid nose up in the air! carrying one lv bag.
7. what i did in return is to look through her as if she does not exist at all.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pork Curry Nyonya Style
Ingredients :
450g lean pork with a little fat
300g potato (preferably yellow)
1 stalk lemon grass

(A)
6 shallots
4 pips garlic

(B)
3.5cm turmeric
7 dried chilies, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
3 fresh red chilies
4 tablespoons coriander
1 teaspoon fennel seeds

1/2 coconut, grated
1 star anise
3 cloves
1 cinnamon stick
11 tablespoons cooking oil

Preparation :
  1. Cut pork into bite-size pieces, wash and drain.
  2. Skin potatoes and cut into 4 pieces at a slant, soak in water and drain.
  3. Grind (A) finely, set aside. Grind (B) finely, set aside.
  4. Add 11/2 rice bowls of water to the same grated coconut and squeeze for second milk. Set aside.
Method :
  1. Heat pot, add oil. When hot, add (A), stir for 1 minute, then add (B). Then add cloves and cinnamon stick, reduce heat slightly or mixture will burn.
  2. Stir until fragrant. While stirring, keep the mixture wet by adding a little of the second santan.
  3. Add pork, stir for 1 minute; add a little second coconut milk or oil if it is too dry.
  4. Pour in all the remaining second coconut milk, add potatoes and salt to taste.
  5. Cover pot and slow boil until potatoes and pork are cooked. Add the first coconut milk and boil again for a few minutes. Lower heat and simmer for 1/2 an hour. Serve.
Note:
Do not discard the grated coconut milk. If gravy is insufficient add some water and squeeze for a third milk, dilute accordingly.

<ins style="display: inline-table; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; height: 60px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 468px; "></ins>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its Curry Revolution In Progress...

Lets all cook curry next Sunday..

Power To The People's Curry...

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can add haybee (dried shrimp) and belachan in to the curry paste. It makes the curry paste smell super shiok when you are frying it.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if bro KNNBCCB would ask the nationality of ah neh before he shoot one. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for bashing these ah tiongs who are getting bolder by the day... in this instance it appears most Singaporeans will stand by Singaporean Ah Nehs when it comes to confrontation with ah tiongs. I am inclined to regard all Ah Nehs as the same irregardless of nationality.

Last edited: