• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkies better beware the aftershocks of the Covid-19 recession

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
a lot of things don't add up. Like why the property prices are still going up. What gives?

Actually I need to correct my 1st post. I wasn't thinking about it. I was worrying about it.

In normal cycles. U dun masked up the defaults. Now when ppl cannot pay also can swim in condos. How to get a real pic of who will actually defaults eventually. All being masked up. So long deferred means banks no bad debts. Just delayed only but surely got 60-70% will default.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
They seem to have found a way to prop up the market and never let it dive like the 1997 crisis and the 200x years. As long as you allow foreigners to purchase condos there is hardly any limit is there? And then there are enough PRs to prop up the resale HDBs... which produce a population of HDB upgraders... and the chain effect. What else is there to fill the Govt coffers other than the very lucrative stamps fees, property taxes, etc
Dun u think this is an attempt to bail out those that cannot pay? By stopping defaults so prices will hold. Those could not pay can sell and downgrade. If prices drops then those cannot pay will default and in negative equity?

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems like it's happening all around the globe. property prices are up everywhere. Used car transaction prices are headed up in N America. And car lots are empty of inventory. Dunno where the money is coming from...

Usa properties go up 11% in one year when they have the highest unemployment in history since 1929.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
good analysis,

but we have to consider the printed money from all the centrals banks moving here and buying up everything
hyperinflation is coming, just look at all the food prices the past year

Something worrying is ust 10 years kept going up.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
The banks are holding backs all types of lending since lockdown started but existing lending still proceed.

When bank freezes mortgage lending and to recall bad mortgage loan lender and when they start to sieze property and sell at bank prices the property prices will crash.

That's when the frenzy panic begin...
Bank freeze lending how do those ah neh pr borrowed money to buy 1 million dollars hdb?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want the economy to bounce back? A good ol' war will help a lot. Just remember to pick the winning side and don't go full retard. :cool:

Cropped-1617214622Photo%202.jpg

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems like it's happening all around the globe. property prices are up everywhere. Used car transaction prices are headed up in N America. And car lots are empty of inventory. Dunno where the money is coming from...

if used car transactions are up, but are new car ones down? sorry I haven't checked the stats. empty inventory could be due to production delays from the chip shortage... ah... hence used car sales are going up?

must be the biden and trump Covid checks working their way through the system

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
if used car transactions are up, but are new car ones down? sorry I haven't checked the stats. empty inventory could be due to production delays from the chip shortage... ah... hence used car sales are going up?

must be the biden and trump Covid checks working their way through the system
actually not very solid on the data myself. But the dealers were all panicking at 1st. Now they're all smiles. Sorry too lazy to double check.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The banks are holding backs all types of lending since lockdown started but existing lending still proceed.

When bank freezes mortgage lending and to recall bad mortgage loan lender and when they start to sieze property and sell at bank prices the property prices will crash.

That's when the frenzy panic begin...
so akan datang!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually not very solid on the data myself. But the dealers were all panicking at 1st. Now they're all smiles. Sorry too lazy to double check.

as an aside, there's a youtuber called MrBeast who has so far bought up 2 entire used car lots and gave everything away. fun to watch.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
U see sinkies siao again. Now snatching resale old hdb and paying cov again. They still dunno the rosy situation now is due to the making of debts. Those that cannot pay are not asked to default so everything looks fine. Like panadol to mask fever to pass borders check.