• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkieland will have new set of coins next year. What do you think of the new designs

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Sinkieland will have new set of coins next year. What do you think of the new des

But don't you have LKY to thank this for right? Majullah SINgapura!!!

good morning!!! haha..majulah LKY! majulah singapura!!! a great way to fly!!!:smile:

SanShuGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkieland will have new set of coins next year. What do you think of the new des

good idea. even my one dollar fruit juice is now two dollars...my satay beehoo is now $4...one stick satay is now 60 cents ...must order at least 10 sticks..$6......mee ribus $3...kwayteow soup $3.....everything is Up Up Up and Away...it's a run away inflation now during and after the LNY....nahbeh!!!...protest with my feet!!!...now eating at home :(

Greedy landlords. With more people coming into Singapore, this means more business. If someone can't afford the rent, there will always be others who can. That is why the cost is passed down to ordinary folks like us.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Greedy landlords. With more people coming into Singapore, this means more business. If someone can't afford the rent, there will always be others who can. That is why the cost is passed down to ordinary folks like us.

my feeling is this : some hawkers are taking advantage to jack up their prices. some old ones can still maintain their old prices and their standard....the worst time to eat is during this period: little ingredients and poor quality food.old stuff. this morning, i went down to my favourite prawn mee soup...it was horrible!!!....little stale fish cake, stale meat and stale prawns. i did not finish it after two mouthfuls...the standard of our hawker food is going down down down and the price is up up up...

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

There are 2 dollar notes, why would you want a coin too? I find coins very troublesome.

There were 1 dollar notes then why did the 超级白 change it to coins?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i think we should do away with 5 cents ....
some items are priced at $3.95....$19.95.......Just round it up lah....do away with 5 cents ....:smile:

Round up, you kaobeh, round down the shop owners kaobeh.

but i agree, should just do away with the 5cents.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With inflation of commodity going every higher, I wonder how much nickel left in our coins.

We started with Silver.
Later we move to copper.
Later nickel copper mixed.
I wonder whether the new coins is plastic-metal mixed....

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Knn. Even the new coins tells a story.

The merlions are all impregnated and ready to burst their bellies comes 2030.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
btw anyone know why 5 cent and $1 must use gold color?

The 5-cents are for those smart people who in times of currency devaluation, will melt the 5-cent coins down to bare metal which actually costs more than the legal tender itself. By the way, the metal used is not gold but a copper alloy.

For gold, buy it from Singspore Mint who usually makes commemorative coins for new launches. Just a word of caution, though. The buying price of these is much higher than the legal tender of the coins.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Great design. We love it.