• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkaporeans are Selfish, Stupid and Short-Sighted (NS-related topic)

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck NS or not, PR still have to serve:rolleyes: No free lunch.

Bunch of selfish people. Just because you suffer, you expect everyone else (your kids, your fellow countrymen and foreigners living in your country) to suffer with you. Will it not make sense to END the suffering? Now I understand why Sinkies get fucked the PAP everyday. Partly is because Sinkies are so short-sighted. Even the mentality among you anti-PAP people while commendable is screwed up in this aspect. For your own sake, please WAKE THE FUCK UP.

I suppose there are even worse people than you guys. 60% of Sinkies think that NS is a good thing, "right of passage", "defending the nation" and those utter bullshit. Those bunch are just fucking retards.

Fuck PAP! FUCK NS!!!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway i have decided to forget about Singapore as my son is going to loose 3 years of his life for nothing as the entrance timing to overseas university is different and he will loose out to his peers.Its not important as far as i am concern as Singapore is not the only place on Earth to make a life!

Good horse don't eat trodden grass. I'm sure if your son is a rare foreign talent he can come back and work in SG. No loss to anyone.

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm Singaporean, short and short-sighted too. But I'm certainly not stupid. I'm a girl not required to do NS. But I'm against NS too because it makes you guys stupid!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just want to cut some slack and not overwhelm the newbie (assuming) with "Oxford" too. All three is a tall order, just name me any of our existing MP and ministars who got these credentials through the normal path. Notwithstanding "being conferred".

how about oxford?

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm Singaporean, short and short-sighted too. But I'm certainly not stupid. I'm a girl not required to do NS. But I'm against NS too because it makes you guys stupid!

CSM done NS, went to Standford and Harvard. Did you:confused:

She has a point: NS does lower your intelligence. For two years (or more, for the older guys), you are not allowed to think for yourself. You have to ask for permission for every damn thing you do. When you take the initiative and the results do not turn out the way your superiors want them to be, you get fucked, threatened with punishment, or made to sign for extra duties or confinement. This promotes a culture of waiting for instructions and "covering my ass first". Few, if any, will want to exercise his intelligence and risk punishment. Even if you make the right decisions and "shine", you can look forward to being arrowed to do more things and the more things you do, the more mistakes you are likely to make, and the more mistakes you make, the more shit you suffer. It is a vicious cycle. Not only does NS lower your intelligence, it adversely affects creativity and penchant for risk-taking (essential qualities in an entrepreneur). Male Sinkies pay a horrific price for NS.

CSM's intelligence was restored when he went to Stanford and Harvard. If he had stayed in Sinkieland, he might never have enjoyed so much success.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

CSM done NS, went to Standford and Harvard. Did you:confused:

CMS is my idol. I went to support him in the rallies. But most of NSmen not of his calibre.

And:confused: Pls don't skirt around the issue. So did NS make your idol stupid:confused:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
...There's no absolute. Some people are born clever no matter what they have to go through.

True. Some people are just born clever, but this does not mean they are immune from stupidity-inducing events. A man may be perfectly healthy at birth but he can still suffer life-threatening or debilitating diseases in his later years.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She has a point: NS does lower your intelligence. For two years (or more, for the older guys), you are not allowed to think for yourself. You have to ask for permission for every damn thing you do. When you take the initiative and the results do not turn out the way your superiors want them to be, you get fucked, threatened with punishment, or made to sign for extra duties or confinement. This promotes a culture of waiting for instructions and "covering my ass first". Few, if any, will want to exercise his intelligence and risk punishment. Even if you make the right decisions and "shine", you can look forward to being arrowed to do more things and the more things you do, the more mistakes you are likely to make, and the more mistakes you make, the more shit you suffer. It is a vicious cycle. Not only does NS lower your intelligence, it adversely affects creativity and penchant for risk-taking (essential qualities in an entrepreneur). Male Sinkies pay a horrific price for NS.

CSM's intelligence was restored when he went to Stanford and Harvard. If he had stayed in Sinkieland, he might never have enjoyed so much success.

It really shocks me that there are people who still support NS:eek: NS represents a mill stone around all local males. It hampers Sporean competitveness against foreigners/PRs working in Spore

PAP is always comparing Spore with our neighbours. Our neighbours do not have NS. There are already millions of foreigners inside Spore so obviously we don't need NS to keep them out. :rolleyes: NS is just another one the many failed policies of LKY e.g. stop at two, million dollar salaries, 2nd language, etc

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I served my NS 20 years ago and I can tell you NS is a waste of time. Out of the 2.5 years, probably 1.5 years is spent on waiting. Another 0.5 years is spent on wayang. The remaining is tea break or smoking break.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that environment do affect the development of an individual. But my POV is that if an individual allows the regimental administation affect him, then that individual is not very bright and strong minded to start off with.

Imo, the process of making ppl stupid starts way before NS.

I see national defence as a necessary, but there must be a compelling reason for people to serve.

Daft parents and the restrictive streaming in the education system had a greater impact than NS.

You judge for yourself. There's no absolute. Some people are born clever no matter what they have to go through. Most people need nurturing.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
It really shocks me that there are people who still support NS:eek: NS represents a mill stone around all local males. It hampers Sporean competitveness against foreigners/PRs working in Spore

PAP is always comparing Spore with our neighbours. Our neighbours do not have NS. There are already millions of foreigners inside Spore so obviously we don't need NS to keep them out. :rolleyes: NS is just another one the many failed policies of LKY e.g. stop at two, million dollar salaries, 2nd language, etc

In short, Sinkieland succeeded in spite of Kuan Yew. :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I served my NS 20 years ago and I can tell you NS is a waste of time. Out of the 2.5 years, probably 1.5 years is spent on waiting. Another 0.5 years is spent on wayang. The remaining is tea break or smoking break.
I 2nd that even though i had an easy time in NS.... i wont want my children to go thru it. But something 'good' that cam eout of it was that i discovered thailand during my NS....9 months in cresendo that shaped my life till now.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

But if you compare to australia, those PAP fucks will be dumbfounded and dunno what to say..try it.. it is fun to see that look on their sinkie faces.