• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's Army of Foreign Talents

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/04/11/singapores-ft-customer-service-is-beyond-bad
http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/singapores-foreign-talent-customer-service-beyond-bad

We often hear the MSM and pro-government supporters that FTs increase our pay and create more jobs. And on top of these, they can speak English and serve customers better.

However, my experiences beg to differ and also their productivity rate is really horrible. Let me recount a few incidents to justify my views.

My dad was looking to buy a Trek bike, so we decided to visit various stores to check. First stop was Mega showroom at Red Hill. We found that the FT Customer Service from Philippines wasn’t too familiar with the products as he kept referring us to a book. But he was quite polite while the other FT CS looked indifferently in the shop. Generally, it was not too bad but still, I think it was lacking. So we went to the second shop at East Coast. The Indian FT manager looked arrogant and our local CS reported to him. You could differentiate by the way they talked, the FT was really haughty and looked like a big boss. The local CS was helpful and he knew the products really well and made good recommendations. The third shop at Orchard Road was really bad. I walked in, the FT CS (Pinoy lady) was all the time on the phone talking in Tagalog, talking non-stop. The FT manager (Pinoy also) saw me but looked away as if I was invisible. No one served me and I walked a few rounds in the shop!!!

So I decided to approach the FT CS (India Indian), he did not know the products well, he could not even introduce me much. So he kept going to the FT Manager (Pinoy) who was extremely arrogant and gave the “heck care” attitude. The FT CS (India) looked really timid when talking to him. I decided to ask a question of the bike he proposed and the FT Manager (Pinoy) gave me condescending tone (aka “you probably can’t afford”). Honestly, they don’t even know what I am looking for and decided to give me a model and price!!! They never asked what budget, what use, et cetera.

Then I went to Metro Centrepoint, 1 FT (Pinoy) was doing refund, 1 FT (Malaysian) was the cashier. One guy was doing refund and 20 minutes later, I was standing there, he was still doing the refund, the FT (Pinoy) kept going around the bush on the refund and the guy kept going. Then, the FT (Malaysian) was trying to clear a guy buying a few pieces of undergarments and 20 minutes later, she was still doing the clearing.

I ended up walking off from the stores and from my experiences, this is my feedback:

1. These FTs are now management level and their attitude really sucks!!! They behave like kings and their subordinates look so scared when talking to them!!! Is this our new culture???

2. How can productivity go up when they can’t even do simple tasks?

3. Cheap labour translates to losses or more business? Why save a few hundred when you are actually losing more by losing customers because of their lousy attitude?

4. From what I saw, locals are better in productivity and knowledge. And in the end, locals have to report to incompetent and arrogant FTs!!!!

Do you agree with what I say? We have not hit 7M yet and more and more of these inferior quality FTs are being imported to manage us and drive down productivity!!!

FT is really good!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a malaise that is infecting the entire cuntry.

Some of you unfortunate souls might be working for a company with some MBA-type management schmucks who insist on a 'reorg' and restructuring the job scope and hires. As a result, you get employees who do multiple jobs for the price of one, and new FT hires who are cheap and can only do their jobs to a basic satisfactory level.

Nobody wants excellence, everyone wants to cut corners and cut costs. SG Inc is infected with LKY's 'Hakka frugality', who knew? :rolleyes:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To add to the problem. U got the hokkien kiam siapness n since hokkeins make up more than 50% of the population b4 foreign trash. It juz makes things worse. But for those biz..dont those mgrs have sales targets to meet?

It is a malaise that is infecting the entire cuntry.

Some of you unfortunate souls might be working for a company with some MBA-type management schmucks who insist on a 'reorg' and restructuring the job scope and hires. As a result, you get employees who do multiple jobs for the price of one, and new FT hires who are cheap and can only do their jobs to a basic satisfactory level.

Nobody wants excellence, everyone wants to cut corners and cut costs. SG Inc is infected with LKY's 'Hakka frugality', who knew? :rolleyes:

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is not just a Singapore phenonmenon, globally MNCs and Fortune 500 companies are employing Indians

[video=youtube;5LexoQXbdeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LexoQXbdeg[/video]

flagster

Alfrescian
Loyal
what to do when our government likes Cheaper,Better (I totally disagree),Faster (I also disagree)

can't imagine what it will be like when we hit 6.9 million

WuJianDao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please also allow me to sidetrack and also talk about jobs that require lower academic qualifications.

I think most singaporeans have no objection to labour-intensive blue-collar jobs such as construction, shipbuilding, cleaning, warehousing, etc. These are physically tougher jobs that we wish our kids will avoid, if given a choice.

However, there are some jobs that we should make it mandatory to hire locals. Eg. Cashier in Supermarkets; this is the best job to encourage lower-educated housewives to return to the workforce. Eg. MRT train station staff; there are benefits for using locals (including retirees) for these positions to due to their better ability to provide assistance to commuter.

Please don't tell me that these are jobs that are not popular with locals. It might be harder to hire local supermarket warehousing staff but certainly not local cashiers if the pay is fair.

If necessary, our country can even subsidy employers for hiring locals for a particular job role (using the levies that we collected for work permits) , if every industry can identify a job scope that is completely reserved for locals.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please also allow me to sidetrack and also talk about jobs that require lower academic qualifications.

I think most singaporeans have no objection to labour-intensive blue-collar jobs such as construction, shipbuilding, cleaning, warehousing, etc. These are physically tougher jobs that we wish our kids will avoid, if given a choice.

However, there are some jobs that we should make it mandatory to hire locals. Eg. Cashier in Supermarkets; this is the best job to encourage lower-educated housewives to return to the workforce. Eg. MRT train station staff; there are benefits for using locals (including retirees) for these positions to due to their better ability to provide assistance to commuter.

Please don't tell me that these are jobs that are not popular with locals. It might be harder to hire local supermarket warehousing staff but certainly not local cashiers if the pay is fair.

If necessary, our country can even subsidy employers for hiring locals for a particular job role (using the levies that we collected for work permits) , if every industry can identify a job scope that is completely reserved for locals.

Any hypermart with too many peenoys or ah nehs will be bayeecotted by me

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
businesses with FTrashes like above peenoys n ah nehs will soon go bankrupt or get eaten up by their competitors......... serve them right for being penny wise pound foolish
& F Trashes who are rude to sgian must hv their cunts super glued or dicks castrated

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
oi yuet lam zai lei sek bao ho hum moh ye zho ah

Nanyue001.png

To add to the problem. U got the hokkien kiam siapness n since hokkeins make up more than 50% of the population b4 foreign trash. It juz makes things worse. But for those biz..dont those mgrs have sales targets to meet?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not just a Singapore phenonmenon, globally MNCs and Fortune 500 companies are employing Indians

[video=youtube;5LexoQXbdeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LexoQXbdeg[/video]

Those Ah Nehs are kept in India, not imported. Those who are allowed in are treated like dogs.