• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bodoh Sinkies conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

Sad that we have gone down a racist track. Uncalled for.

If I may say, where men exist, there will always be discrimination. Whether we discriminate against race, religion, dialect, FT, rank, education, wealth, shades of skin colour among the same race, etc. A better word for it, our "bias" view, which is a collection of our background and influences.

If you want a non discriminate environment, try migrating to the moon.

sekari, u r alienated by alien. :biggrin:

off e light, dark dark, everyone is e same.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

I used to read Msia chinese renovation forum last time and have come across Malaysian chinese who made the same or even worse remarks about Malays. Going by your logic, Msian chinese are also not welcome in Malaysia.

If you see what happened in the elections, read the headlines of newspapers, yes it does seem that some Malaysian chinese are not welcome, the ones who didnt support BN.I wont say all MY chinese arent welcome,the ones who do have to accept that this is a Malay Muslim country and certain things are entrenched in the constitution. For Singapore Chinese, you are outsiders, so certainly your position is different, even more precarious. You are simply guests and if some of you misbehave it will back fire against the rest.May I ask why you're here if you dont believe in invetsing in Johor? This is a forum for those who are vested or plan to invest and we try to help each other with info. You are entitled to your views, but this isnt the platform for them, in fact any public platform with racist views isnt going to bring any good. I feel that the majority of Singaporean Chinese here are appreciative of the chance to invets in Malaysia, even live there. With that attitude, they are welcome and even the Malays are happy to have them. Don't spoil things here and for them in Malaysia but voicing such dissentive views.
As non Malays/non Muslims, whetehr Malaysian or not,we have to respect that the majority are of that group and certain politics are entrenched. As a Malaysian when I was there, I accepted that although it didnt work to my benefit. I came here to seek greener pastures, equal opportunity. But now I realise that on balance, I am not better off here. There are loads of foreigners, the lifestyle and cost of living factors make me homesick for Malaysia although I can afford to live in a landed here. This is a mgood place to work but it doesnt feel like home. Most Malaysian Chinese who come here to work feel that way.Many of my friends have made plans to retire in MY, not necessarily in Johor.
There is no perfect system, country. You take the package deal, good with bad.And if you cant, then you go elsewhere. Some of my Malaysian Chinese relatives who came here, left years ago when they relaised that despite the bumi policy, life isnt so bad over there. Doctors, lawyers, peopel running businesses, have lesser overhead costs and can stretch their dollar further.
As for Australia, Asians will never be really at home, unless they become the majority. Remember Aussies say "2 Wongs dont make a White".

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dissentive view? You commented one reason Singaporean esp Chinese are not welcome in Msia is due to making racist remarks. I am agreeing with your views by informing you that I have also come across Msian Chinese who made racist remarks and by your logic they are also not welcome in Msia. What so dissentive about it?

Also which part of my post say that I do not believe in investing in JB? Although I just have one house in Jb for retirement, people like us are considered investors too.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

You want a freehold landed in a corruption-free, top notch country with the highest integrity and superb economics growth - sure, pay SGD 2M and leave the rest here to invest in similar ppty in Msia at 1/5 that price.

correction. It is 1/10th the price.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

.... unlike these foreigners who are used to living in their own enclaves. Since when before her incident did we ever hear any Singaporean Chinese making such an offensive remark on Malay wedding?
sorry hor. msian chinese also don't simply talk like that hor. don't one cow make the whole pen dirty lei. mebbe she in australia her brain shorted a bit. mebbe she think she angmo already. most of us in msia are not like dat.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why are you homesick? I KNOW!!! SG gals dun spread their legs for you rite? Malaysia easier rite?

Actually its ok. Its also hard for me to get SG gals to do that for me too. The pretty ones really ask for the moon... wine and dine and gifts too... just to get a kiss on the cheek. @#$%^&* life is tough in SG.

It does seem easier in MY though... the gals seem more willing to give me their phone numbers... now all i need is to find an excuse to get away from my wife and stay in JB for a few nites.

any suggestions?

anyway on a more serious note, dun be so anti-foreigners. foreigners are good. they are emotionally deprived and enjoy the attention you give them. they usually have bigger boobs. they usually dun ask you for commitment (after the deed). takes less effort to bed. best of all, they hafta leave one day (unless you get her pregnant). what is there not to like???

if my wife didnt keep me on such a tight lease, i dont even wanna go JB so often... its so troublesome to travel up and down, food quality is low, etc... but what to do? JB offers me freedom and for that I am grateful. anyway back to you. learn to love SG. it is not perfect but it is way better than a lot of places. trust me. i know. I spent a decade living in a few countries.

the only place i would leave SG for, would be China. And I am sure you know the reason why :smile:

If you see what happened in the elections, read the headlines of newspapers, yes it does seem that some Malaysian chinese are not welcome, the ones who didnt support BN.I wont say all MY chinese arent welcome,the ones who do have to accept that this is a Malay Muslim country and certain things are entrenched in the constitution. For Singapore Chinese, you are outsiders, so certainly your position is different, even more precarious. You are simply guests and if some of you misbehave it will back fire against the rest.May I ask why you're here if you dont believe in invetsing in Johor? This is a forum for those who are vested or plan to invest and we try to help each other with info. You are entitled to your views, but this isnt the platform for them, in fact any public platform with racist views isnt going to bring any good. I feel that the majority of Singaporean Chinese here are appreciative of the chance to invets in Malaysia, even live there. With that attitude, they are welcome and even the Malays are happy to have them. Don't spoil things here and for them in Malaysia but voicing such dissentive views.
As non Malays/non Muslims, whetehr Malaysian or not,we have to respect that the majority are of that group and certain politics are entrenched. As a Malaysian when I was there, I accepted that although it didnt work to my benefit. I came here to seek greener pastures, equal opportunity. But now I realise that on balance, I am not better off here. There are loads of foreigners, the lifestyle and cost of living factors make me homesick for Malaysia although I can afford to live in a landed here. This is a mgood place to work but it doesnt feel like home. Most Malaysian Chinese who come here to work feel that way.Many of my friends have made plans to retire in MY, not necessarily in Johor.
There is no perfect system, country. You take the package deal, good with bad.And if you cant, then you go elsewhere. Some of my Malaysian Chinese relatives who came here, left years ago when they relaised that despite the bumi policy, life isnt so bad over there. Doctors, lawyers, peopel running businesses, have lesser overhead costs and can stretch their dollar further.
As for Australia, Asians will never be really at home, unless they become the majority. Remember Aussies say "2 Wongs dont make a White".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The way some of you describe Malaysia as though it is some sort of basket case. It is not. It continues have a vibrant economy, more new millionaires are coming out, and the opportunities are plentiful. We continue to lose Malaysians who we provided scholarships to returning to grab the opportunities.

Sure they have corruption so do we but we have a press that is controlled so we have little line of sight when it comes to misconduct. If Ho Ching ran Malaysia state assets, I can guarantee that there will enough political pressure that she will not last 6 months in the role.

Sure we despise some of the issues that we see in Malaysia but there is still enough space, fresh air and landed properties and virgin land to take hold of.

In 1988, the Govt realised that Malaysians who are well educated, holding good posts are no longer converting to Singapore citizenship. Despite all the incentives and disincentives put in their way, they are still not budging. While they work in Singapore, they are building their retirement home, investing in things across the causeway.

So why not take advantage of the Malaysia as well. Lets not be short sighted.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The number of SPR from Malaysia buying in Malaysia surprises me. Initially I thought most are Singaporeans buying. It turns out otherwise. Most of them are buying for own use. This is the group that is buying up landed near zone A now.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

The number of SPR from Malaysia buying in Malaysia surprises me. Initially I thought most are Singaporeans buying. It turns out otherwise. Most of them are buying for own use. This is the group that is buying up landed near zone A now.

I guess we have an extra layer of safety net which lower our risk of ppty purchase. Besides our familiarity with the local market, If the ppty is not rent-able or cannot be sold easily, our family members in msia can move in. also we have someone in msia to oversee the ppty while we are working in SG. moreover, we do not pay foreign tax, not restricted by foreign ownership quota, can buy bumi lot and can loan 90% on first 2 ppty (not sure if that’s the case for foreigner)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess we have an extra layer of safety net which lower our risk of ppty purchase. Besides our familiarity with the local market, If the ppty is not rent-able or cannot be sold easily, our family members in msia can move in. also we have someone in msia to oversee the ppty while we are working in SG. moreover, we do not pay foreign tax, not restricted by foreign ownership quota, can buy bumi lot and can loan 90% on first 2 ppty (not sure if that’s the case for foreigner)

Malaysians who are Singapore PRs have the best of both world.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

You want a freehold landed in a corruption-free, top notch country with the highest integrity and superb economics growth - sure, pay SGD 2M

That is an over-statement to say highest integrity. Yes, by whose reporting - by the MIW controlled MSM?

Probably paying the 2M is to help them to pay off all the gaping Temasek investment losses and when the bubble burst, the losses is on the one who comes out and buy at 2M, who anyway has loads of money to contribute.

It has happened during the 1987 recession , the 1997 when all the HK dumped their holdings....

At 1/5th the price where I can have a decent place and where I can easily access back to the infrastructures that our forefathers have contribute to build, I choose this rather than believe that I can still make a fortune with the 2M invested in a so-called top notch country.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many things like this will haunt the ruling party for a long long time.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Definitely not trying to be sarcastic to my Singaporean friends - this is somehow true for now. Though SG govt has recently pulled back benefits for SPR, the benefit variance btw SPR like myself and Sg citizens is still not significant enough to make me want to swtich citienship. we enjoy speedy customs clearance and financial subsidies at both sides , though (the subsidies in SG) at a lesser extent to that available to SG citizens but we can live with that

A flawed housing scheme that has since been abolished even allow SPR siblings to own a HDB. So a pair of SPR siblings could own a HDB at say, age of 25 while a pair of Singaporean siblings have to wait till engagement, marriage or above age of 35

We Singaporeans have known this about the SPR having the best of both worlds and the miw flaw hdb policies.

But then with the totally brainwashed miw followers who are just like the CH church who refuses to see their leaders as a person just like you and me who are fallible.

Well, like what my great fearless leader have said: it is just another "honest mistake, let's move on".

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

We Singaporeans have known this about the SPR having the best of both worlds and the miw flaw hdb policies.

But then with the totally brainwashed miw followers who are just like the CH church who refuses to see their leaders as a person just like you and me who are fallible.

Well, like what my great fearless leader have said: it is just another "honest mistake, let's move on".

Let's move on. Now Singaporeans buying in Johor landed are also have the best of both world, just that PRs are having slightly better terms for now.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

haa. i know SG leadership isnt exactly clean. i used the words "high integrity" just in case hockbeng is one of the miw follower who believe solely in SG and overseas ppty (other than msia)

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's move on. Now Singaporeans buying in Johor landed are also have the best of both world, just that PRs are having slightly better terms for now.

Losers will be the low income msians working in msia. No benefit of strong SGD currency, high inflation and standard of living that weaken their already weak purchasing power, inability to afford house that has become so costly, have to pay soon-to-come GST etc. while msia’s economic grows and progresses, they are left behind, while the rich well-connected and ppty-owning capitalists get richer

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Graveyard, I like your comments. Reflect how we think. In today newspaper, govt said Singapore banks try to "localised" by employing locals. Most banks have 90% local (and locals mean Singaporeans and PR)....

As you know we are the sucker here in Singapore, hope you welcome us to live in your country.

Definitely not trying to be sarcastic to my Singaporean friends - this is somehow true for now. Though SG govt has recently pulled back benefits for SPR, the benefit variance btw SPR like myself and Sg citizens is still not significant enough to make me want to swtich citienship. we enjoy speedy customs clearance and financial subsidies at both sides , though (the subsidies in SG) at a lesser extent to that available to SG citizens but we can live with that

A flawed housing scheme that has since been abolished even allow SPR siblings to own a HDB. So a pair of SPR siblings could own a HDB at say, age of 25 while a pair of Singaporean siblings have to wait till engagement, marriage or above age of 35

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Graveyard, I like your comments. Reflect how we think. In today newspaper, govt said Singapore banks try to "localised" by employing locals. Most banks have 90% local (and locals mean Singaporeans and PR)....

As you know we are the sucker here in Singapore, hope you welcome us to live in your country.

hi arsenal, thanks. you are more than welcome to seek residence in my country and I feel proud that a growing number of sporeans like you and others is interested in msia enough to bother to do extensive research in investing for own stay/rent/flip. Msia’s economy undoubtedly relies a lot on foreign capital inflows from SG and this is good for msia, though the price to pay is high inflation.

I understand how you feel – I compare myself with my cousins who are working in msia, middle income earner. Income wise, they are definitely losing out as I am earning SGD but their quality of life seems to be better, not withstanding the higher exposure to danger due to higher crime rate in msia. I have to live in a rented room and take public transport to work every day while they drive to work and stay in landed house. I see jurong gateway condo selling at SGD1600psf and yet I am able to take a bus from there to reach horizon hill via tuas in 1hour (driving will be much shorter) on a good day where that price can buy me a bungalow. I see how by crossing the 1km causeway bridge (the old straight one), my dollar grows 2.5x and I am able to live in landed.

Of course its certainly not apple to apple comparison as we all know – but putting all these together, it is no wonder a growing number of sporeans is considering residence in msia