• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore to build nuclear power plant in Southwest islands

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were seventeen then? Damn, you weren't even legal drinking age! The internet IS a mind-altering substance; it should be banned.

For some time I lived a stone's throw from the Pickering station. We went to the beach often and it was kinda cool to see a wind turbine against a backdrop of nuclear chimneys. My colleagues fished there and even landed salmon (not trout though). Being chinese, they ate their catch and are still alive today. One's dying from some lung disease - and it's from tobacco.

Cheers!

Should have done this 10 yrs ago and I advocated for this as Godivaboy back then in SBF Delphiforums and to couple it with the SWRO desalination plants to be built there.

Even a then-17 yr old could have thought of this, why did it take so long to decide?

Cheers,
Trout

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were seventeen then? Damn, you weren't even legal drinking age! The internet IS a mind-altering substance; it should be banned.

Yes it is. That's why there's web censorship worldwide, hahaha.

For some time I lived a stone's throw from the Pickering station. We went to the beach often and it was kinda cool to see a wind turbine against a backdrop of nuclear chimneys. My colleagues fished there and even landed salmon (not trout though). Being chinese, they ate their catch and are still alive today. One's dying from some lung disease - and it's from tobacco.

Cheers!

I drove by Pickering on a fairly regular fortnightly basis during weekends when I worked in Kingston/Ottawa as a PM in 2008-2009 to visit Toronto (100% white country is too much after a while, need to mix with my friends back in TO) Yeap, and I did see the wind turbines on the lakefront on the way there and back (though not sure if it was at Pickering or Oshawa).

Nothing against wind power, but its at best an intermittent power source, like Solar. And the amount of power you can draw is highly dependent on recent climate conditions.

Good thing is that the strongest sun and the strongest winds in the local areas are at inverse opposites during the day and year. To make it even remotely base-load, You need a capable battery/energy storage technology to compliment it, something which we do not have yet.

Nuclear power is stable base-load energy and on-demand generation. Similar to fossil fuel and geo-thermal power generation.

Well, I'm now back in Singapore, hehehe, so yeah. But working along with a team here on a new method to desalinate water which is more energy efficient than RO, which also can be used to store energy. Demo system to be done end of this year.

Cheers,
Trout

tiulehloumohkohai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the same asshole. :biggrin: He is FuckSamLeong who is nicer unlike me who will happily kick your ass. So what are u going to do about it? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yeah not the same asshole, but both of you came out from the same bitch chi by which I screw before your asshole father do it....ha ha ha..... so this what I have done to your bitchy mum....... he he he.....:biggrin:

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
make sure you build nuclear weapons once you have a nuclear power station okay?

fix those warhead to a tomahawk missile and slam those retards leaders you find across the causeway who want to wield a kris or something equivalent in public...

Katana Shōjo

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should build a nuclear reactor on an oil rig, and push it out somewhere in the south china sea. Convert the energy generated into converting carbon dioxide and water into petrol for use in current vehicles.