• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Psyche & PRC Flagbearer

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember when Chao and PapSmearer first came into this forum, my first impression was how these guys were raised. Use of expletives, machine gun approach, shoot from the hip, take no prisoners attitude etc. The only thing that held me back was that beyond all that debris and with the smoke clearing, the arguments were solid, mostly supported by good facts and like the best of us, some are flawed.

So how does the above got to do with our flag being carried by a PRC chic who got instant citizenship predicated on a good contract covering personal financials rewards.

Then there is the rest of Singapore - generally compliant, wholly cautious, need directions and raised on a generational belief that any awkward or sudden movement will lead to riots. We were told that its a small island, a fragile economy and therefore, it could not handle any jolts, displacement or even minor tremors. Laws were built around it.

Isn't it a bit too late to now talk about the PRC flagbearer now.

By the way, no fault at the feet of those born from 1980s onwards. So how did we get it terribly wrong?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
By the way, no fault at the feet of those born from 1980s onwards. So how did we get it terribly wrong?

the whole world can't be wrong. was watching the games and sometimes it reminds me of a China A team vs B team, albeit under different flag, also reminds me of a joke from Russell Peters, 1.4billion PRCs and 1.4billion Indians, be it you're orang hitam, orang putih, soon the whole world will be beige in color, we can run but we can never hide :p:p:p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do recall Russell Peters and that particular insightful routine. It was indeed hilarious as he pointed to the while females in the audience. Interestingly he is a Canadaian and a second generation. Destination emigration countries like Canada, OZ, NZ etc have very measured approach to control migration. Top of mind is that a decent hardworking native would not be displaced by greedy employers. A case has to be made, the vocational body that looks after the interest of employees must certify competence and needs to fill vacancy before anything happens.

You ask anyone who migrates - in the main they have to gather all their paper qualifications, their work experience and these must be certified by the destination country's vocational body which is not controlled by the govt.

In Singapore, all that is required is the employer agreeing to employing you.

the whole world can't be wrong. was watching the games and sometimes it reminds me of a China A team vs B team, albeit under different flag, also reminds me of a joke from Russell Peters, 1.4billion PRCs and 1.4billion Indians, be it you're orang hitam, orang putih, soon the whole world will be beige in color, we can run but we can never hide :p:p:p

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I remember when Chao and PapSmearer first came into this forum, my first impression was how these guys were raised. Use of expletives, machine gun approach, shoot from the hip, take no prisoners attitude etc. The only thing that held me back was that beyond all that debris and with the smoke clearing, the arguments were solid, mostly supported by good facts and like the best of us, some are flawed.

So how does the above got to do with our flag being carried by a PRC chic who got instant citizenship predicated on a good contract covering personal financials rewards.

Then there is the rest of Singapore - generally compliant, wholly cautious, need directions and raised on a generational belief that any awkward or sudden movement will lead to riots. We were told that its a small island, a fragile economy and therefore, it could not handle any jolts, displacement or even minor tremors. Laws were built around it.

All national pride is lost, i'm only waiting for a Pinoy to hold the flag at the next Olympic Games and then the very same Pinoy will tweet at how all Singaporeans should thank the said Pinoy for doing the nation a great service at an international event.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only uniquely in Singapore is the govt the Chief Tormentor and Scourge of its citizens.

Singaporeans must realise this and collectively and severally as the employer, begin sacking those who sold out our interests.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you watched the HongKong TVB & ATV combined Live telecast of the Opening Ceremony, there are some interesting remarks made by the commentators about the Singapore team, regarding the use of PRC Chinese to win medals.

Also, Why is Pinky talking about the 1964 race riots now, who is responsible for the ill conceived plans to mass import talents?

Human behaviour experts know that homo sapiens make a heck of a big fuss over "strangers who break social laws to take advantage of the locals and end up level or even better:eek:, than the locals". The experiments have been conducted over and over again in both research labs and in 99% parks around the world. (but not the 1964 riots ........... A Malaysian Malaysia - Chinese Singaporeans equal to Malays)

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 30 years the local Sinkies will be extinct. Everyone then will be Pinoys talking about the good old days in Manila or the Chinkies speaking in Mandarin of course and planning their regular summer vacation back in the 'motherland'.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
His father was the provocateur-general of these riots by meddling in Malaysian race politics, not the innocent peoples of Malaysia and Singapore. Fucking son of a bitch should be telling his father.

Also, Why is Pinky talking about the 1964 race riots now,

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you watched the HongKong TVB & ATV combined Live telecast of the Opening Ceremony, there are some interesting remarks made by the commentators about the Singapore team, regarding the use of PRC Chinese to win medals.

Also, Why is Pinky talking about the 1964 race riots now, who is responsible for the ill conceived plans to mass import talents?

Human behaviour experts know that homo sapiens make a heck of a big fuss over "strangers who break social laws to take advantage of the locals and end up level or even better:eek:, than the locals". The experiments have been conducted over and over again in both research labs and in 99% parks around the world. (but not the 1964 riots)

65 million years ago, a giant asteroid hit the Earth and pretty much wiped out most living lifeforms on Earth. Morale of the story: Shit happens all the time, not up to the willpower of a faggot PM to control future events

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I .......... Top of mind is that a decent hardworking native would not be displaced by greedy employers. A case has to be made, the vocational body that looks after the interest of employees must certify competence and needs to fill vacancy before anything happens.

You ask anyone who migrates - in the main they have to gather all their paper qualifications, their work experience and these must be certified by the destination country's vocational body which is not controlled by the govt.

Our company hired a migrant "sys-admin" from Burma 2 months ago. With supposedly 10 years of experience. From the first day I knew he was not qualified for the job. Most of the time I have to "cover", "advise" him what and how to do his job. It was reaching a point of frustration for me and my colleague. Last week, I took a couple of days off, boss informed me he is leaving while I was on leave and asked if I could take over his job. :wink: Employers here are not as dumb as what pple say, but I'm sure there are heaps of people with fake qualifications around as well. Sometimes, you have to "helped" them to fail as well. They probably migrated with the same fake qualification like in Singapore but the bar to fake it is probably higher. Most people will find that if you do not "buck" up or show genuine skills they won't last long here. Most degree, managers ends up doing servicing, cab drivers here as well and long to migrate back.

trafficman

Alfrescian
Loyal
All national pride is lost, i'm only waiting for a Pinoy to hold the flag at the next Olympic Games and then the very same Pinoy will tweet at how all Singaporeans should thank the said Pinoy for doing the nation a great service at an international event.

OMG, this can happen very soon. Maybe at the next SEA Games, Asia Games, don't have to wait for Olympic Games.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our company hired a migrant "sys-admin" from Burma 2 months ago. With supposedly 10 years of experience. From the first day I knew he was not qualified for the job. Most of the time I have to "cover", "advise" him what and how to do his job. It was reaching a point of frustration for me and my colleague. Last week, I took a couple of days off, boss informed me he is leaving while I was on leave and asked if I could take over his job. :wink: Employers here are not as dumb as what pple say, but I'm sure there are heaps of people with fake qualifications around as well. Sometimes, you have to "helped" them to fail as well. They probably migrated with the same fake qualification like in Singapore but the bar to fake it is probably higher. Most people will find that if you do not "buck" up or show genuine skills they won't last long here. Most degree, managers ends up doing servicing, cab drivers here as well and long to migrate back.

Congrats, new manager. :smile:
These days, it is a headache when retiring managers anyhow recruit new people.
Are you going to get rid of him or send him for training or ...?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Without the racial riots in the 60s the PAPzis would have found it difficult to enact or keep all sorts of laws that are still active today that stifle civil society. The PAPzis are a fascist political party. Keep this fact in mind at all times where the PAPzis are involved, otherwise you will not understand why and how they do things.

Should another race riot occur you can count on the PAPzis to turn the screws or add in new screws. The people to be accused of inciting the riots will be Singaporeans even if facts can be shown otherwise. Just take a look at the people kena lim kopi for race comments in cyberspace. The foreigners get away scot free while Singaporeans get free kopi.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Scroobal, the way you titled this thread ... I form certain expectations...

Then your opening statement on chaopappy & papsmearer, i did a double take! Hilarious yet not malicious! More importantly, my sentiments exactly too !

Kudos to chaopappy, his post upstairs and another one in the PUB bill june shock thread, both posts wonderfully refreshing to me - if only for the lack of expletives and insane name calling. Especially his comment on the ridiculous need to physically meter read and estimation ... I mean, this is 2012 for Christ sake! Very cutting point that escaped most who are used to the Singaporean Norm .

Keep letting your wisdom shine through Chaopappy, without the kpkb, but kpkb ecessary sometimes to express the extreme scorn we all feel one time or another ...

Back to Olympics flag bearer and the historical backdrop of how our society has evolved ...

Between David Marshall and LKY, i believe there can be something in between.

our Jewish accidental first Chief Minister stands for decency, dignity and more than a dash of melodrama and dreaminess.

That 's why our memories of him is an endearing one.

In the extreme of course, some here have accused him of selling out at the end but hey, you read his writings, he said he did not want to let his ego stand in the way of having an opportunity to serve his adopted country.

Patriotism? To each his own take.

Marshall has conceded that LKY for all his disagreements with him in governing philosophy, DELIVERED the economics of a good life to a basketcase of a citystate through the 60s & 70s. But souless society is the price - worthwhile?

So pragmatism became our national ideology under LKY - and what a banyan tree, to paraphrase George Yeo.

The bad comes along : no nonsense authoritarianism - all the LKY-ism : no one owes us a living therefore siege mentality... Meritocracy therefore winner takes all. Even the Labour welfarism and civil society that so impressed the young post-war Cambridge undergrad - free spectacles and newspaper buying leaving money and self collecting change in all honesty ..... today, any social good is deemed a necessity otherwise the underclass would revolt - an entirely utilitarian outlook devoid of common human decency - that is the overall impression citizens have so no good that PAP does these days can be taken in good faith. How to - when under PAP, the price mechanism is almost the be all and end all of dealing with scarcity and choice. Money money money pay pay and pay some more.

I have no issues with Feng Tian Wei - in large part, her demeanour appears not too show off and brash like that downhill Tao Li.

Foreign talent's fine : but MUST be talent.

Respect for this land - our land our country however small .... It is mine it is OURS.

Whether you are caucasian, filipino, china chinese or india indians, just as you would hate foreigners who go into your homeland to plunder and exploit, likewise, you can expect that we will disapprove of foreigners who treat this place as a economic hotel, rip off then bitch ungratefully about the economic hand that feeds you. That is a no no, ungracious & totally contemptible.

In a nutshell, i am not blind to the endemic ills of our society and the chief perpetrator of this state of affairs, PAP's entrenched governing mindset and the society it molded resulting in the traits of the citizens - the moniker 'sinkie' sums it all.

But what next?

IMHO,
Prosper individually, by hook or by crook, the best way you know how - surely even tonychat has nothing against getting a better life for himself.

Migrate if you can or wish to.

Stay, if you don't have a choice - those 'par si buay zao' because 'bo lui zao, bo lor zao' !

Meantime, draw sustenance from SBF - where likeminded folks reminisce, bitch, curse, exchange gossips or inside info.

Better yet, for those whom we disagree, ok, fuck em, hoot them, wack them ... Let off steam, have fun...

Destress .... Vent .... Then ....

Then, what next?

i choose to believe 'physician heal thyself first', let's take good care of ourselves and our familiy first.

Then, whatever your convictions, live them out. One life, one lifeime only.

So, if like tonychat, base yourself in THAILAND, ladyboy and what not, cool.

Live in JB? Aussie, NZ, fine also !

Stay in Singapore and be a politics or current affair commentator, blogger, activist, participant, player, armchair critic, whatever, however, do what you want based on who you are, what you have...

Believe.

Act on that belief.

Just don't end up like GMS - lost but in his mind, never lost.

Still, he is himself and in this ecosystem he has a place too.

How many more Olympics will we live to witness?

Brothers, life is short.

Live life authentically.

Authentically arsehole like kinana

Or Authentically smartarse like GMS.

Your choice.

Cheers to all. Kong Hee Fatt Choy.

Oh, that accused Kong Hee - be primed for a whole absorbing unravelling of law and justice, state vs religion flirtation .... Singapore & PAP Style, where the AG Chambers is a Shambles and a fucking ruling party MP have no political nous that he has to take on Kong Hee 's business. ... Brainwave from that kunning kong ... Can't say the same for that edible edwin....... Shall end this with Shaw in mind, just read he is sentenced to 12 weeks jail....

Sigh

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, MORE work for me to do now! But at least now can bluff bluff say busy with stuff A and stuff B would have to wait. Hopefully this gets often enough that they may get me a graduate to "train". :smile: As for managers simply recruiting people, I think its a common problem here and back home as well. The thing is how to be smart and either a) not make you do their stuff, b) find ways to make them "fail" at their own job constantly. If things gets bad enough they would be fired. From what I heard, that was what got rid of him. If I had not taken the leave, and instead went back, the problem would have been corrected quite fast.

Congrats, new manager. :smile:
These days, it is a headache when retiring managers anyhow recruit new people.
Are you going to get rid of him or send him for training or ...?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah, MORE work for me to do now! But at least now can bluff bluff say busy with stuff A and stuff B would have to wait. Hopefully this gets often enough that they may get me a graduate to "train". :smile: As for managers simply recruiting people, I think its a common problem here and back home as well. The thing is how to be smart and either a) not make you do their stuff, b) find ways to make them "fail" at their own job constantly. If things gets bad enough they would be fired. From what I heard, that was what got rid of him. If I had not taken the leave, and instead went back, the problem would have been corrected quite fast.

Is he gone? Good for you. Unfortunately, my place still have a dumb blonde earning close to $150k but have backing from a superior. It is OK, the backer will be retiring, but trying to to move her to a more secured position. Difficult!

When people are not matched to their job, it is quite stressful for everyone. If this Burmese is good at building relationships and has the smarts, he still stand a chance and move to a non-technical area while keeping his job. Otherwise, he will be "isolated" and fade away eventually. Not many people have a thick hide like Julia Gillard.

Actually, JG managed to get a few things done correctly in the public service before she turned toxic.