• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore leaves the world

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
As of yesterday, there is now a black hole where Singapore used to be. Major news networks around the world have taken note that Singapore has asked to be left alone. As such all coverage will cease from midnight. .
We understand information from the outside world can still enter the Island but no news can get out. Singapore has installed a massive fibrelink network to every home. In the next few years Singapore intends to build its own Internet. External providers will be required to pay licence fees to gain access to the Singapore network. A Singapore government spokesman said "Singapore has the highest concentration of millionaires in the world, they deserve something better don't you think? Too much chaos and misinformation out there. People must get the right news at the right time."

In a last news broadcast leaving the the nation a random survey was conducted amongst the lunchtime crowd in Raffles Place. 60.1 % said "Don't know leh, but sorry got to hurry, my friend choping seat for me ". The remaining 39.9 % said they were going home to pack and get the hell out.

(I shouldn't have to say this, but this being Singapore, I will. The above is fictional).

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I wonder why everyone is getting so melodramatic over such a minor issue.:rolleyes:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder why everyone is getting so melodramatic over such a minor issue.:rolleyes:

Because sinkies in sinkiepore are given too comfortable a life by the PAP and have nothing better to do than to kpkb over such issues.

PAP is right in importing more FTs to replace sinkies.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because sinkies in sinkiepore are given too comfortable a life by the PAP and have nothing better to do than to kpkb over such issues.

PAP is right in importing more FTs to replace sinkies.

The majority of Singaporeans never had a comfortable life. It has always been a hard slog starting with primary school. Singaporeans gave up freedoms for what they perceived to be security. They are belatedly looking at freedoms now when they discover there is no security. To kpkb about such issues is a new thing for Singaporeans and not something they have always done.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The majority of Singaporeans never had a comfortable life. It has always been a hard slog starting with primary school. Singaporeans gave up freedoms for what they perceived to be security. They are belatedly looking at freedoms now when they discover there is no security. To kpkb about such issues is a new thing for Singaporeans and not something they have always done.

You're blowing things way out of proportion. All the government is doing is to putting measures in place to ensure that local sites do not abuse their positions and allow the dissemination of lies and distortions about Singapore. If you look at the way AP has distorted the facts in the Shaun Todd case, you'll understand why such measures are necessary.

There's absolutely nothing to prevent foreign sites such as CNN, AP, BBC, MSN and thousands of others from reporting whatever they want about Singapore. They aren't required to register and even if they were asked to register, why would they? They'd simply ignore the requirements.

I run this site from NZ and if I received a demand from the African Republic of Congo that I would have to place a $50,000 bond with them in order write about the shit and the poverty there, I'd reply with 100 images of ":oIo: " and simply up the ante.

Let's not get carried away with something so trivial.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahem:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire

sat·ire
[sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA
noun
the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
a literary genre comprising such compositions.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're blowing things way out of proportion. ........

It's probably what many people thought when LKY started clamping down on trade unions, newspapers,..... in his younger days.:eek:

Don't worry lah LHL is a kinder & gentler dictator. He's just trying to maintain control of the company business :smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It's probably what many people thought when LKY started clamping down on trade unions, newspapers,..... in his younger days.:eek:

Had he not done so, Singapore would never have prospered. It would have lurched from one crisis to the next and no foreign investors would have invested a cent in the country.

LKY may have dealt with dissent harshly but it was necessary in order to bring order, stability and prosperity to the nation. For that, I am forever grateful to the man. I owe everything to him.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if LKY was right to have suppressed the unions and dissent because that suppression facilitated Singapore's growth, he should have done it only so long as it was needed to bring about stability. If he could not do it in the short term, he should made way for those more able.

Instead he became drunk with the delusion that he had all the answers to all of Singapore's problems. And the worst thing was the vast majority of Singaporeans believed him and allowed him and his PAPzis to be the only party for such a long time. We became lazy and allowed him to do as he pleased with us. But we were not entirely to blame. One of the reasons we became that way was the comprehensive suppression of information. And Lee Junior is now trying to repeat that feat.

For these, I deplore and abhor the PAPzis.

Had he not done so, Singapore would never have prospered. It would have lurched from one crisis to the next and no foreign investors would have invested a cent in the country.

LKY may have dealt with dissent harshly but it was necessary in order to bring order, stability and prosperity to the nation. For that, I am forever grateful to the man. I owe everything to him.