• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore KFC taste like shit...

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody ever tried JB kfc?yes for me, our neighbour kfc really taste much much more better then Singapore kfc.Yes, it's disgracing that as a first world country, our kfc taste like shit compare to our neighbour Malaysia JB kfc.
anyone want to comment???

It's well known fact that a lot of hawker's and fastfood taste much better across the crossway.

It's an equally well known fact that they put a lot more monosodium glutamate, soya sauce, salt, sugar and a host of other unknown ingredients to make the food tastier. You drink their soft drinks or tea, even sweeter (afterall sugar is subsidised). You come back feeling higher - with higher blood pressure, heavier stress on our kidney, higher cholesterol and much thirstier.

But then you like the taste, so they give you what you want.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess how much they purchase each chicken from India ????

Ans : S$2.50 (sing) only .... Yes S$2.50 only (thats in the

1980s )
Bros just estimate yourself how much KFC make from

each whole chicken !!!!

You mean you eat raw chicken? No marinade, no cooking, no chilli-catchup, no need serve chicken on plate, etc. Such simpleton!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
For bros who visit NA,

try Arby's. It is much healthier.
They have roast beef burgers that are quite cheap. Nice twisty fries as well.

free-arbys-roastburger-300x230.png

helicopview

Alfrescian
Loyal
I missed the 24-hr kfc at Kampong Java in the mid of 80s', today's KK, whereby fork & spoon being used, thought i still makan with my bare hand.

Yes kampong java. What a great place, 24 hrs. Was there once at 1 plus am. Lived near there last time. Come to think of it, e kfc here cannot fight with malaysia kfc; bigger, juicer and just taste better. Dun Want to go too far, go Texas fried chicken. I used to visit e outlets at wisma and kovan heartland mall with my jc friends and gf. If I remember correctly, e present kfc at heartland mall was Texas chicken

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After Pepsico conversion of KFC from real restaurant to fast food chain, Malaysian KFC certainly beats Singapore. In fact, I'd say Malaysian KFC is the best in the world (among KFCs only, not all fried chickens). I think Malaysia is the only country in the world where KFCs outnumber McDs.

Thai KFC is good too, not far behind. But Thailand have a roadside fried chicken stall culture, certainly much cheaper and tastier than whatever KFC anywhere. The freshness is beyond question, there's no such as frozen or processed chicken. Some of them slaughtered barely an hour ago is being fried now, at your presence.

Thai roadside fried chicken is not what urbanised Singaporeans who never seen it before could image. The setup comes with a huge deep wok of oil and they fry it as you order it. They usually also sell some kinds of fried prawn crackers, fish crackers etc. (just like French fries go along with fast foods). KFC can only smell smoke, so to speak. The only issue of suspect is of course the hygiene. Patronise those with stallholders who look clean and reputable.

Thai chicken culture extends to Thai chicken/duck rice in coffeeshops, outwardly very similar to those in Singapore. Thai chicken rice is usually Hainanese based (white chop) and Thai duck rice is Teochew based (dark soy braised). It's very rare to find Cantonese roast style there. Anyway, after a while there one'd notice. Every Thai coffeeshop chicken/duck rice still seems to have only one or two chicken/duck cooked and hung on display cabinet all all times, regardless of peak or off-peak hours.

The difference is, Thais cook their chicken/duck two at a time. They'll of course cook them faster at peak hours, but since peak hours sell faster, you'll always see one or two left on the cabinet only. Singapore stallholders cook them 20 or 30 at a time at the beginning of business day, then display all and wait for business to come. For longer business hours, of course they'd be a next batch, but still 20 to 30 one shot.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Among KFC outlets worldwide...... the best are those located in LOS. :p

Haven't eaten in KFC yet in LOS but I have tried the MacD. The MacD in LOS is nicer than what they serve in Spore.

There alot of good food in LOS & if you try to sell KFC or MacD food with Spore standard, you'll soon be out of business :eek:

Sadly it's a reflection of the low standards we have in Spore :rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There alot of good food in LOS & if you try to sell KFC or MacD food with Spore standard, you'll soon be out of business :eek:

They'd probably arson it for fun or out of disgust. :oIo:
Notice any Thais eating in Singapore KFC or McD?

Not that they couldn't afford it. Many of them in Singapore zoom around in taxis and feast on Golden Mile Thai gourmets that can be even more expensive. They smoke and drink at Singapore prices without blinking.

But Singapore fast food? I think they'd hesitate to feed to their dogs.

Anyway, I still have a soft spot for McD French fries and fillet o' fish, in Singapore or elsewhere. I still find them better than even those of expensive restaurants' fish n' chips if what i want is merely some fried fish fillet, potatoes and bread. The rest I don't touch anymore, especially soft drinks. If I want a fish whole and fresh, go river or go market. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They'd probably arson it for fun or out of disgust. :oIo:
Notice any Thais eating in Singapore KFC or McD?

Not that they couldn't afford it. Many of them in Singapore zoom around in taxis and feast on Golden Mile Thai gourmets that can be even more expensive. .....

During the SARs crisis, the thais were afraid of getting the infection from thai poultry. So many thais avoided chicken dishes

A thai friend who was visiting Spore missed chicken so much that he binged on chicken rice during his stay :smile: However he never touched the KFC stuff :biggrin:

Never realised they liked chicken so much I always assume that they liked fish more.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another good and affordable source for a good bite at fried chicken in Singapore is your neighborhood pasar malam, the roving type can comes in tentages for a week once every few months only. The drumstick is about S$1.80 and the wing is about S$1.50. Big chicken type, but from frozen stock of course (what do you expect?)

Anway, that's about twice the size of KFC at half the price and twice or more delicious. Don't talk about health when talking about fried chicken. All will give the eater fats and calories and are unhealthy, even risky, if overeaten. In moderation, it can be enjoyed safely and even beneficially. Our bodies need some fats and calories afterall.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anybody tried Texas Chicken before? Is it worth it?

Church's Fried Chicken is just about the best fried chicken chain in US, though hard to find or come by, not that numerous branches like KFC. In the Asian franchise, it's known as Texas Fried Chicken (probably in consideration of the religious sensivity to the word Church), anyway also few branches and hard to find or come by.

It's certainly much better KFC anywhere nowadays. The difference in the beginning was Church's was actually designed to be fried chicken fast food alternative to the hamburger fast food chains.

It was never meant as a match or competition for the original KFC that was founded as a real fried chicken restaurant but later downgraded (or more accurately, degraded) till its horribly state bordering on inedibility today for the interests of Pepsico and their associates.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Church's Fried Chicken is just about the best fried chicken chain in US, though hard to find or come by, not that numerous branches like KFC. In the Asian franchise, it's known as Texas Fried Chicken (probably in consideration of the religious sensivity to the word Church), anyway also few branches and hard to find or come by.

It's certainly much better KFC anywhere nowadays. The difference in the beginning was Church's was actually designed to be fried chicken fast food alternative to the hamburger fast food chains.

It was never meant as a match or competition for the original KFC that was founded as a real fried chicken restaurant but later downgraded (or more accurately, degraded) till its horribly state bordering on inedibility today for the interests of Pepsico and their associates.
Where are the branches of Texas Fried Chicken located? Shall go and sample based on your recommendation. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where are the branches of Texas Fried Chicken located? Shall go and sample based on your recommendation. :biggrin:

I saw one at Singapore Expo, but that time I was rushing for time and not hungry. If got chance again, I'd give it a try.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
But Singapore fast food? I think they'd hesitate to feed to their dogs.

True, true, they tried to feast on a dog they had caught but themselves were caught. Imagine they tried to blow-touch the dog to get rid of the hair and the poor dog was yepping away in agony. And we thought Buddhists don't meat - much more a dog!!!

The story of them eating drain rats in Singapore is legendary, of course . May be the Thai construction workers are getting richer after working in Singapore.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
"i was told that all their chicken are cooked somewhere in

singapoe 1st . then delivered to all branches in singapore.

most of the time when you examine the inside you can tell

that it has been cooked and then re-cooked time and again.

the lightings on the shelves are meant to make the

chicken pieces look nice . closer examination its overcooked !!!"

Bro, the aboved is a bit far fetched, the chicken are delivered from the factory raw and cooked at the restaurant. If they did what you posted aboved, the franchisor would had taken back their franchise. the main reasons that the standard had dropped is frozen chicken and they are using "henny penny'cooker instead of the previously "collectramat"cooker.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the main reasons that the standard had dropped is frozen chicken and they are using "henny penny'cooker instead of the previously "collectramat"cooker.

Why have they switched the hardware used to cook the chickens:confused:

In Malaysia which of these cooks are being used, "henny penny'cooker" or "collectramat"cooker":confused:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True, true, they tried to feast on a dog they had caught but themselves were caught. Imagine they tried to blow-touch the dog to get rid of the hair and the poor dog was yepping away in agony. And we thought Buddhists don't meat - much more a dog!!!

Many Chinese Buddhists (mahayana) are mistaken. Thai Buddhists (theravada) including monks do eat meat. They can and do even smoke in public. Cigarettes can be offered to monks. Alms offered to monks need not be vegetarian. In fact, a good generous meaty meal offered is good merit.

Therein lies the difference on the interpretation of "thou shall not take a life." Mahayana interprets it as not to kill anything with life and theravada interprets it as not to murder. Slaughtering for food isn't murder, as long as the animal is clean enough to be cooked and not tortured in the process, i.e. about the same as Christian interpretation of "thou shall not kill."

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything you eat out in Singapore is bad for you....full of cholestrol (i.e. palm oil - cheap oil for hawkers) and if you guys never realize.....a lot of younger generationare are dying of heart attacks...........if Singaporeans don't wake-up, their life expentency will become 35 years old!...don't be surprised.

Exception.........LKY will live for very long since he has "VIRGIN BLOOD".