• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Is Not Safe

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i went swimming with chloe this morning. After the swim we went to the ladies room to shower and change.

After stripping off our bikinis, i stepped into the shower. Almost immediately, i heard chloe screamed. I rushed out and was shocked to see an indian security guard in the changing room. He saw chloe full frontal nude. I covered myself and asked what was he doing in the ladies changing room. He feigned ignorance and muttered that he was in to help switch on the sauna. He was not apologetic. I found out that he is a new security guard recently recruited from malaysia

with so many foreigners, with their different upbringing and values, singapore is not safe anymore.

What can i do to prevent a recurrence?

npnt....npnt

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the approving authority shd do a better job vetting the applicants

some of them look like mobsters,thugs and hooligans.

my friend staying in a condo organised his own WATCH GROUP....very interesting....very effective and very helpful.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the approving authority shd do a better job vetting the applicants

Hey, the cheapest guard will get the job.

Able to probe the ladies changing room is probably one of the perks.

Such an irony where you pay a premium for safety and yet not getting it. Seems security guards aren't that secured at all...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
own watch group to watch out for the security guards?

certainly....the Watch Group also have their own surveillance team....mainly MC members who even interview the potential security guards who are going to be deployed !!! very powerful MC...they even called the MP for discussions on condo issues!!!power!!!

i think Tracy you should form one such Watch Group and can the help of the MP and even the friendly police in your area....:smile:

i think this security business is one big con job!!! my friend's condo eventually sacked all the security agency and they take turns and even have a roaster to manage their own security!!!....and they are lawyers, engineers, managers and doctors!!!

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these happened in SG?

Yes.. About the case of the young Keling guard which happened years back, I think that triggered the SPF to implement a tighter new regulations for security companies when they hire these guards.. Before that these guards were not screened properly by their companies.. People with past criminal records were able to land security jobs easily back then.. After that rape incident, SPF implemented the SIRD license pass for these people workin in the security industry..

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey, the cheapest guard will get the job.

Able to probe the ladies changing room is probably one of the perks.

Such an irony where you pay a premium for safety and yet not getting it. Seems security guards aren't that secured at all...

looks like it is not just the security industry that's having problems..it's SG wide...the IT industry, the banking industry, the transport industry, etc

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
certainly....the Watch Group also have their own surveillance team....mainly MC members who even interview the potential security guards who are going to be deployed !!! very powerful MC...they even called the MP for discussions on condo issues!!!power!!!

i think Tracy you should form one such Watch Group and can the help of the MP and even the friendly police in your area....:smile:

i think this security business is one big con job!!! my friend's condo eventually sacked all the security agency and they take turns and even have a roaster to manage their own security!!!....and they are lawyers, engineers, managers and doctors!!!

i heard the security industry is one big problem..there are only so many licensed security guards..whether Agency ABC gets the job or Agency XYZ gets the job, you may get the same security guard..he will move from ABC to XYK..he is very mobile. sad that the standard expected of a guard is very low

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes.. About the case of the young Keling guard which happened years back, I think that triggered the SPF to implement a tighter new regulations for security companies when they hire these guards.. Before that these guards were not screened properly by their companies.. People with past criminal records were able to land security jobs easily back then.. After that rape incident, SPF implemented the SIRD license pass for these people workin in the security industry..

looks like the SPF has not fully learned from that case..why else do we still have problem guards? because they are cheap and we just grab any one who is willing to work for that salary

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a lot of u not in security business, security is a big business with a lot of money to be made. a lot of ah neh in security business, from the boss to guards all ah neh. security companies used to get mama from mudland and even india as security guards! damn yaya when you need to change pass, more yaya than the real police man!!! last time a lot of condo used to get own securities and manage by the MC, that is the best way. but all kena poisoned by out source poison and out source security to those security companies. that was when all the problem started. anyone can be part time securities when they want to, some even come to sg to work as security guards without working permit from malaysia for daily wages. but what security companies promised you is well trained, alert, well behave security guards and those goodu MC paid premium for it. that is why all the raping and house breaking take place. the security guard licence is a new thing that they recently implemented. but security companies like all sg companies, profit, profit and profit. they don't give a damn on the quality of the guards. when not enough guards to deploy, they will still get those fly by night guards to deploy from malaysia. typical jaga without ethic. used to stay in Bayshore Park, the security guards were under the MC until few years after 2000 they out source to security company. kpkb to MC also useless.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a lot of u not in security business, security is a big business with a lot of money to be made. a lot of ah neh in security business, from the boss to guards all ah neh. security companies used to get mama from mudland and even india as security guards! damn yaya when you need to change pass, more yaya than the real police man!!! last time a lot of condo used to get own securities and manage by the MC, that is the best way. but all kena poisoned by out source poison and out source security to those security companies. that was when all the problem started. anyone can be part time securities when they want to, some even come to sg to work as security guards without working permit from malaysia for daily wages. but what security companies promised you is well trained, alert, well behave security guards and those goodu MC paid premium for it. that is why all the raping and house breaking take place. the security guard licence is a new thing that they recently implemented. but security companies like all sg companies, profit, profit and profit. they don't give a damn on the quality of the guards. when not enough guards to deploy, they will still get those fly by night guards to deploy from malaysia. typical jaga without ethic. used to stay in Bayshore Park, the security guards were under the MC until few years after 2000 they out source to security company. kpkb to MC also useless.

Dear Moonlightaffairs,

Well done! you summed up the security industry very well. From what happened this morning and the revelations of past security gyard misdeeds, i think it is rotting from within

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a nation of security guards like Thailand everywhere security guards blowing the whistle to guide the vehicles,guarding the car park barrier,taking a nap while on duty,checking on bags in MRT stations.........................................................................................................

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Moonlightaffairs,

Well done! you summed up the security industry very well. From what happened this morning and the revelations of past security gyard misdeeds, i think it is rotting from within

i think out sourcing is damn stupid, not only in security. in other industry also.

used to see the same team of security guards moving around the estate for clocking, u know them and u feel safe. then u suddenly see some strangers in security uniform walking around with eyes roaming, how do you feel?

now got new trend in security guards. those Singaporean with security guard licence will do those ad hoc or project based assignments. they said better pay. although pay based on assignment but they will get more and more freedom. can hit 4k a mth average. of cos not all like it, more people like to go to the same place to work everyday and make sure get pay every mth.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The better Singaporean security guards were attracted to the IRs and many joined them for higher pay. Can't blame them. Virtually all the condo security personnel get paid a pittance, like $1k/mth.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The better Singaporean security guards were attracted to the IRs and many joined them for higher pay. Can't blame them. Virtually all the condo security personnel get paid a pittance, like $1k/mth.

a lot of ex police man join them after retired or pensioned.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is a nation of security guards like Thailand everywhere security guards blowing the whistle to guide the vehicles,guarding the car park barrier,taking a nap while on duty,checking on bags in MRT stations.........................................................................................................

But are our security guards doing their duties? are we employing the right people to be guards?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think out sourcing is damn stupid, not only in security. in other industry also.

used to see the same team of security guards moving around the estate for clocking, u know them and u feel safe. then u suddenly see some strangers in security uniform walking around with eyes roaming, how do you feel?

now got new trend in security guards. those Singaporean with security guard licence will do those ad hoc or project based assignments. they said better pay. although pay based on assignment but they will get more and more freedom. can hit 4k a mth average. of cos not all like it, more people like to go to the same place to work everyday and make sure get pay every mth.

you hit the nail on the head..many of the guards are not effective.. sometimes they are a liability.

shdnt MCSTs be employing guards themselves so that they have control of the quality ?