• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Flyer GM Resign

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He says he is not given a chance to be a real CEO and only micro -managed, wah lou,, i dunno lah, excuses so many when things screwed up.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...maybe the paper evidence shows otherwise, I tend to believe that his resignation has a great deal to do with the screw-up. Whether he resigned or was sacked, the Flyer incident has shown an amount of accountability. On the individual, like I said, we don't know him enough to judge.
Fall guy or not, we are not privy to real reason (beyond what's on paper) for his departure. But it's not too far fetched to link same to incident given the circumstances and timing (even if we are led to believe he left on his steam).

So now we have this Chng bloke in 3 panel with ntuc connections. Wasn't he also in some rescue top honco job in old Yeo Hiap Seng corporate crisis?

All things said, these things happen all the time in corporate life. Just that this is more news worthy. And I don't disagree with yours that unless we have more insight on him and circumstance of his leaving, it's all conjecture on our part. Won't be long beore this is all passe.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
like i said, we are no psychoanalyst, mind reader, or psychic.

if he wanna show some responsibility of this flyer screw up, please state it out loud. its like the term use by LKY, "hidden agenda". Who are we to know what is one's hidden agenda? this GM if he doesn't state out he resign and take responsibility of the flyer scerw up, why are we assuming that he take responsibility and praising him or the flyer company for that??? according the Straits Time, the reason of his resignation is disagreement with his bosses.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah. so secretive ah? resign got hidden meaning one ah? its a public issue now. its not just his private matter. he screw up big time, tarnish spore's image, and then throw in a letter, and then sua sua ki (just forget about it) and we gonna assume for him that he resign because he wanna take responsibility??

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is some form of taking responsibility?

okay, so assuming i am a CEO of a food and beverage company. my product had cause death of 10 people in 1 month . and then i resign after that screw up. in the resignation letter, i said i wanna spend more time with my kids, thats the reason of my resignation.

like that is it taking responsibility???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To me, the Flyer incident showed some form of accountability, which our ministries did not.

There was no way to cover up such a public failure.
Internally someone must take the blame. He obviously has no uncle Lee or not a kaki of madam Ho & got picked :rolleyes:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/articles/296203.asp

"But with Mr Yeo leaving immediately - at the request of Flyer's board of directors - instead of seeing through the full recovery of the stalled whell, fresh questions are being asked about the company."

so did he resign by himself, or it was the request of Flyer's board of directors?

He tendered his resignation and was supposed to serve the 6-month notice period. The board told him to go immediately. So it's quite obvious.

Anyway this is a common practice to to save face, where the board usually tells someone to voluntarily resign instead of sacking him.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy Steven Yeo, is a typical civil servant who thinks world owes him a living. He was in EDB for a while, where he was meant to be fast tracked into something or other but somehow did not happen and he was shunted into some senior positon in SSC, when he knew nothing about sports. I had the misfortune of dealing with him at both positions he held and he is truly an arrogant prick who thinks he knows all.

He likely got this Flyer job thru connections too. Probably related to some one.

He must have thought that this was another cushy job and could swagger around and run it the same way he ran the other 2 jobs he had, civil servant style!

Now that really explains alot!

He may have gotten away with mega cock-ups in the civil service but no such luck in the private sector.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at Yeo CT - I am sure he misses the big bucks.This guy does not have strong backing so his German bosses gave him hell n he cannot tahan the nazi shit.

they could be German Jews, u know ... and from the way they manage the Flyer, it does look like it ...

think carefully first, b4 u use the words 'nazi shit' ...
:mad:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST - steven yeo is the 3rd GM to resign within 2 years ... so what does that say abt the German-Jew top management ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The Singapore Flyer management has filed a police report after an information leak resulted in a news report yesterday on the sudden resignation of its general manager Steven Yeo."

Today, January 8, 2009

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The Singapore Flyer management has filed a police report after an information leak resulted in a news report yesterday on the sudden resignation of its general manager Steven Yeo."

Today, January 8, 2009

Goodness me, the Germans sure are quick in picking up local customs :rolleyes: