• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore customer service officers beat foreign ones hands down

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have dealt with telcos, credit card companies, and what have you.

Invariably SG customer service officers are more polite, more patient, more competent and more resourceful than outsourced foreign CSOs.

Outsourced CSO:

(a) Do not take pride in what they're doing

(b) Love to hang up on you abruptly, even when you have an urgent request

(c) Are not resourceful to find out how best to assist you, all they know is to follow the book

Worst offender: CITIBANK

Citibank outsourced a lot of their Customer service work to other countries. Quality deterioriated tremendously.

I just got one asshole who said he will call me back and hung up on me. Guess what. He never called me back.

When i called citibank again, I was lucky to get a Singaporean. He held me very quickly and competently, issue resolved in 5 minutes.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Second worst offender: STARHUB

They will lie to you. Ask them to deactivate autoroam, the person says he will do it.

Two weeks later, the bill comes, the autoroam is still active.

I call them back, they say autoroam was not deactivated as they never received a request from me.

I told them FYMSCB, two weeks ago I just called you, go and check your phone record. They deny everything. Claim no call from me.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Second worst offender: STARHUB

They will lie to you. Ask them to deactivate autoroam, the person says he will do it.

Two weeks later, the bill comes, the autoroam is still active.

I call them back, they say autoroam was not deactivated as they never received a request from me.

I told them FYMSCB, two weeks ago I just called you, go and check your phone record. They deny everything. Claim no call from me.

You are silly, every time when you called a hotline, ask for the name of staff and record it down together with the date and time of call.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are silly, every time when you called a hotline, ask for the name of staff and record it down together with the date and time of call.

Good advice, as many do not make it a point to do this. With the record one can make a report to their supervisor.

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worst is UOB they credit card hotline all Pinoy, ask them anything all cannot or not sure, ask them to call back take 4days in the end a Singaporean CS from UOB get thing done.
Please UOB don't hire those KNN Pinoy they are hopeless and no hope. As for Citibank so far is good problem call them solve and the beauty part is a local on the other line.