• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Bonds

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Interesting Bond issues

Sorry, RUN never owned a single bank share in his life. You'd probably know a better time to enter than me.
I believe UOB is widely covered by ANALysts and brokerage-calls. You can also read up more from them.

Oii,i just sold ocbc right at 2.26.
then mother share drop to 9.94. how?

keep or sell?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oii,i just sold ocbc right at 2.26.
then mother share drop to 9.94. how?

keep or sell?

Objective: Sell on Strength

1. You have sold rights. If the rights big crash (very very very unlikely), u buy back the rights or mother shares cheaper.

2. If the mother shares is supported (eg. >$10) after the rights stop trading (to encourage shareholders to subscribe for the rights), then u sell the OCBC mother shares.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

Objective: Sell on Strength

1. You have sold rights. If the rights big crash (very very very unlikely), u buy back the rights or mother shares cheaper.

2. If the mother shares is supported (eg. >$10) after the rights stop trading (to encourage shareholders to subscribe for the rights), then u sell the OCBC mother shares.

i very stupid la, so u ask me to sell above 10 dollar right?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
this article is about banks issuing bonds to meet BASEL-III requirements but it also mentions the higher risk that HK and Taiwan banks due to their huge exposure to China market.

China a risk to Hong Kong, Taiwanese banks
http://www.financeasia.com/News/389839,asia-pac-banks-sail-through-basel-iii-transition.aspx

i very stupid la, so u ask me to sell above 10 dollar right?
Wing Hang has massive China exposure. This is why sntck should either walk away from banking counters or switch from OCBC to UOB. Buying bank shares is about stability, you don't need to bet about outcomes from China.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wise words...

this article is about banks issuing bonds to meet BASEL-III requirements but it also mentions the higher risk that HK and Taiwan banks due to their huge exposure to China market.

http://www.financeasia.com/News/389839,asia-pac-banks-sail-through-basel-iii-transition.aspx

Wing Hang has massive China exposure. This is why sntck should either walk away from banking counters or switch from OCBC to UOB. Buying bank shares is about stability, you don't need to bet about outcomes from China.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

okok...o...............

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
i still have dividend 99 share, also sell ya?

These are still considered ordinary shares. The decision to sold/hold should be the same with your original OCBC ordinary shares.

interesting. these are odd lots? need to buy/share through broker directly?
paiseh i never faced odd lots before.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are still considered ordinary shares. The decision to sold/hold should be the same with your original OCBC ordinary shares.

interesting. these are odd lots? need to buy/share through broker directly?
paiseh i never faced odd lots before.

they gave dividend on april. i think, cant remember when liao.
then got letter asked whether want convert my 5 lot dividend, 170 per lot into share not. then one share 8.5 la.
i think quite ok mah, so just convert loh..
then they very stingy, dun want give me 100 share. just give me 99 share. i just leave it there la.

Vermin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

all the gor pio ah siaos from CNA and sgfuck forum have migrated here. :eek:

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

oii, how do u think palm oil or rubber estate land in malaysia?

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.drwealth.com/2014/09/01/...e-greater-china-commercial-trust-7-years-3-2/

MAPLETREE GREATER CHINA COMMERCIAL TRUST SGD 7YR

- New Mapletree Greater China Commerical Trust SGD 7yrs announced
- Expected issue rating: Baa1 (Moody’s)
- Price: 3.20%

Comps:

CCT 2.98 02/2021 (Baa1 by Moody’s) – 100.50, 2.90%
Mapletree Industrial Trust 3.75 2019 (BBB+ by Fitch) – 104.50, 2.68%
Mapletree Industrial Trust 3.65 2022 (BBB+ by Fitch) – 101, 3.50%

This was the largest IPO of 1H13 last year, launched to great fanfare, hype and expectations with its unique ticker as MAGIC on Bloomberg. It’s stock price rose, as expected for all government linked IPOs, and tanked and tanked even more before recovering to cost currently.

festival walk

[Deal stats : 8.9 times oversubscribed on retail tranche and 38.1 times oversubscribed on the institutional tranche]

Ironically, it is the famous Festival Walk, that forms half its portfolio of 2 assets, that had its roof collapse right after the MAGIC ipo in March that people remember.

Market cap SGD 2.53 bio
Dividend yield 6.59%
MTN Programme Size USD 1.5 bio to include perpetual securities
Total Debt/Total Assets Ratio 38.63%

Occupancy at Festival Walk at 100% and Gateway Plaza in Beijing at 97.5%.

Compared to its peers, MAGIC 7Y at Baa1 rating yielding 3.3% is decent. Unless you were lucky enough to load up on Capitamall retail tranche earlier this year at 3.08% for its A2 rating which is trading at 101.25/101.8 (2.87/2.77%) now.

I do not think retail investors will take much interest in this paper though, which is a pity but the dividends do look much better for the time being even though I am no big fan of commercial and retail real estate.

For institutional investors, this is an improvement over Suntec 3.35% 02/2020 launched earlier this year and is yielding 2.96/2.87% currently for its Baa2 rating which is definitely on account of the China exposure.

My verdict : Good timing for the issuer and there will be more to come.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are fine explanations of why our uni fees need to be hiked. :p Harvard invests in bonds while our NUS/SMU issues bonds. :p
Don't give so much scholarships to foreigners lor

Yeah, right. It shows how the paps turned the country upside down, giving free scholarship to foreigners and making locals pay for uni fees.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

oii, many are applying for the right leh

Sir, the right is priced below the mother share price, of course u will exercise it (to either take advantage or reduce losses), if u don't sell it.

You very smart to sell 2.26, now 2.17