• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore a playground for the rich.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then perhaps it is time for us sinkies to stop waiting for money to trickle down from above and actually actively go pursue that money.

Being familiar with two Asian cities, singapore and HK, I find that hongkongers tend to be more assertive, go-getting and make things happen, while Singaporeans love to wait patiently for things to happen (preferably by govt's edict)

Maybe that's why there are more tycoons in HK than there are in SG. HK also has a more vibrant energetic culture in all walks of life, be it in finance, the arts, business.

Hongkies kudos to them for their survival skills.
Something lacking in most neutered sinkies sheeps.
Sinkies also have to contend with NS obligations and a business environment dominated by GLCs.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sinkies also have to contend with NS obligations and a business environment dominated by GLCs.

This seems to be the "cut and paste" excuse of every Singaporean who can't make it in life. :rolleyes:

My 13 year reservist cycle did nothing to hinder my ventures. In fact, I made use of the in-camp stints to make new contacts.

As for GLCs, they are easy to beat because they're big, slow moving and inflexible. When I first started doing web design, one of my competitors was Pacific Internet. I used to tell my potential clients that whatever pacnet quoted, I'd do it for half the price. I got the business every single time.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This seems to be the "cut and paste" excuse of every Singaporean who can't make it in life. :rolleyes:

My 13 year reservist cycle did nothing to hinder my ventures. In fact, I made use of the in-camp stints to make new contacts.

As for GLCs, they are easy to beat because they're big, slow moving and inflexible. When I first started doing web design, one of my competitors was Pacific Internet. I used to tell my potential clients that whatever pacnet quoted, I'd do it for half the price. I got the business every single time.

It's not an excuse. It's a fact.
Why do sinkies need to bust their ass just to make a meagre decent bucks?
Where is the Swiss standard of living?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's not an excuse. It's a fact.
Why do sinkies need to bust their ass just to make a meagre decent bucks?
Where is the Swiss standard of living?

You can make big bucks easily. In 1996, I made $15,000 in a good month doing websites. If I was doing it all over again, I'd concentrate on mobile phone Apps. There are always opportunities out there. The bigger your market, the better the chances of success.