• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - 23 year old Singaporean girl who hasn't started working yet, rents a Condominium apartment for Sg$2.2k a month to stay in

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A Young University Student’s Journey For Independence
23-year-old Elena Lam

When the COVID-19 pandemic struck, many young Singaporeans mourned the cancellation of their travel plans — and Elena Lam was no exception. Her plans to go on an exchange trip were unceremoniously put on indefinite hold.

But Elena didn’t let that hold her back. Instead, she did what most other 23-year-olds would not: She decided to move into a place of her own.

Photo of Elena and family

Meticulously Planning For The Future
For economic and cultural reasons, it is usually the norm for young adults in Singapore to live with their parents until marriage, or until they’re much older.

For free-spirited Elena, she wanted to experience the “solo-living life” overseas during her exchange program. With the pandemic, however, she decided to experience it in Singapore instead.

While her initial plan had been to search for her future home after she started work, she thought it better to simply move her plans forward.

Elena doing research

But it was much easier said than done. As a business finance student in her final year of university, Elena had to work around her finances carefully.

She chose to save up instead of relying on her parents or anyone else to fund her apartment or lifestyle. “I had set aside quite a bit of savings for my exchange,” she explains.

“So I took that, divided it by the number of months I have until I start work, just to see how much I could cover.”

Aside from managing her budget, Elena was very particular about the location of her future home. “I’ll be working near the central business district in the future, so I wanted somewhere close to my workplace.”

Elena at home

Narrowing Down The Search
With price and location being such important considerations in her search, Elena greatly benefited from using PropertyGuru’s search filters.

To narrow down her search, she limited it to 1-bedroom apartments or studios, picked two to three MRT stations that she preferred to stay close to, and set the price cap at $2,500 per month.

Elena also used the site to track the market “every single day for a month.” This not only helped her stay up-to-date with the property market, but also let her know which listings were “dead” and thus could be negotiated for.

The bedroom

Additionally, she found that PropertyGuru simply offered more listings than other sites she viewed, and it soon became an integral part of her apartment hunting journey.
“In the end, I viewed a total of four different units, and I found all four of them through PropertyGuru,” she shares.

After some searching, Elena finally chanced upon her current apartment — a comfortable 1-bedroom private condominium near Outram Park MRT that she rents for $2,200 a month.

Although $2,200 a month may seem steep for a 23-year-old who has yet to start working full-time, Elena shares that she's confident it is within her means.

"My rent is being funded from my past savings, income from advertisements that I do [as a blogger], my investments and my scholarship. I’ve also found a full-time job that I will be embarking on upon graduation," she says.

The bedroom

A “Chill” Place Of Her Own
Not only did the apartment fit Elena’s requirements, but its giant floor-to-ceiling window helped seal the deal. As a hobbyist photographer and avid Instagram blogger, good lighting was another apartment must-have of hers (aside from location).

Natural lighting isn’t the only thing that her apartment has to offer. “My building is quite tall. So, there’s a viewing deck where I can see Sentosa from where I am, which is great!”
The location came with many perks as well.

“Since I stay so close to Outram Park, it’s very convenient for me to just go into town,” Elena shares.

Plus, the numerous cafes and restaurants around the area are a social butterfly’s dream. “When I have friends over, we’ll just go over to those restaurants and cafes, then we’ll come over to my place and the viewing deck upstairs to chill.”

Elena's home

Using Her Experience To Help Others
For someone who started out with “zero knowledge” about apartment hunting in Singapore, the lack of information made the entire process even more difficult for Elena.

Thankfully, the agents she met on PropertyGuru became her source of information. “I told them that this was my first time renting, and asked about the process of doing so,” says Elena. “Most of them were nice enough to explain everything to me, and break down all the different fees I had to pay.”

Nonetheless, her struggle to find useful local information stuck with her. During her research she saw many apartment-hunting videos made by American Youtubers. “I realised that there aren’t a lot of people in Singapore who share the entire process.” She says. That’s what inspired her to make her own.

The kitchen

As of now, her video, posted on Elena’s Youtube channel, has garnered more than 22,000 views. The video goes into detail about her own experiences and stories, and also acts as a guide on how to use PropertyGuru in apartment hunting.

A quick glance through the comments section shows nothing but positive sentiment. “I received lots of positive comments talking about how this was very helpful and how there aren’t many other people covering this topic,” Elena confirms, “so I’m really glad that I’m able to help other people out there!”

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/elena-lam-university-student-renting-journey-45611
https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ts-a-private-condo-for-2-200-a-month.6494049/

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle suspect she is paid for promoting property guru KNN my uncle think this type of person under business finance see opportunity for money only jibye will steam gai KNN

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously, she has not learned anything from her business finance degree course. She could have use the money for the apartment and invest and make more money. She gets to stay with her parents for free. No fucking brains.

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
At 29, Janice Lim is the proud homeowner of a quaint walk-up apartment in Joo Chiat

n Singapore, most of us can only dream of owning a home in our twenties.

When you’re under the age of 35, there isn’t the option of an HDB flat. That only leaves purchasing a private property. Things get more difficult when according to a Global Living report by real estate firm CBRE, Singapore is ranked as the second-most expensive city in the world to buy private property.

But Janice Lim is not like most in their twenties. As part of her before-30 bucket list, the 29-year-old was determined to own her first home before she hit the big 3-0 milestone.

The Walk-Up Dream

While the obvious option would be to look for a condominium, Janice, who works as a Product Manager, had her heart set on owning a walk-up apartment as they were “more quaint”.

She adds, “They also generally have higher ceilings and larger open spaces. Whereas for new condominiums these days, it is just very small. You do not quite get the per square foot cost deal.”

Rather than to just start searching for possible homes, Janice’s first step was to find out the potential price tag of a property she could afford using PropertyGuru Finance’s Affordability Calculator.

While she had support from her mother for the cash down payment of her home purchase, she needed to make sure she was able to afford the monthly repayments in the long run.

After her calculations, Janice was “pleasantly surprised” that she would be able to afford an apartment that was between $1 to 1.3 million. She had never seriously looked at her finances before so it was a bit of a shock when the numbers were favourable.

The Start of the Search

Having rented on the East Coast for two years, Janice realised the area suited her so narrowed down her search options to Katong and Joo Chiat. She loved different food options, gyms within walking distance and a neighbourhood with a relaxed sunny feel.

However, as walk-ups are hidden gems in Singapore, she did not have many options that met her budget and location. Thus Janice’s main aim during home visits was to assess whether the apartment had “good structural bones”. She was happy to undertake some cosmetic renovations but nothing requiring expensive changes to the foundations.

She says, “There are only so many walk-up apartments that go on the market these days. So the options are quite limited.”

It is no wonder it felt too good to be true when Janice stepped into her current home for a tour. She liked the layout and condition of the apartment. It was also priced competitively; $1.15 million whereas other apartments she had viewed were priced between $1.3 to $1.4 million. Located in the Joo Chiat area, it has a rich history and plenty of great food options.

It felt so right that Janice made an offer after inspecting the place for a second time.

More at https://tinyurI.com/3prcl8b6

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if u got a sugar daddy,there is no need to advertise to the world that u rent a condo apartment .

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she work as a prostitute every night in that apartment, each shot $80 ..

Every night she will earn at least $1000 if hardworking.
One month she can earn $30,000, can easily cover the rent and buy another 2 units.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If she work as a prostitute every night in that apartment, each shot $80 ..

Every night she will earn at least $1000 if hardworking.
One month she can earn $30,000, can easily cover the rent and buy another 2 units.
to be hardworking she has to work hard dicks.