• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

show that you are serious in the Chinese language

golden

Alfrescian
Loyal
the first thing the gov should do is to instruct Mediacorp to have Chinese subtitiles, beside English subtitiles on all their local drama productio and shows.

currently its a big joke. you hear the actors/actress seaking in chinese but the subtitles is in english..how to learn the chinese language in this way.

China, Taiwan and HongKong all have Chinese subtitiles on their shows..

No wonder, the standard of reading and writing or recognizing the chinese character is very poor here unless you read the chinese news paper..

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
currently its a big joke. you hear the actors/actress seaking in chinese but the subtitles is in english..how to learn the chinese language in this way.

It's not really a big joke. English subtitles help to explain to banana people and foreigners including Westerners what the actors and actresses are saying.

Having BOTH English and Chinese subtitles like in the Hong Kong movies of the pre-handover era would be better.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about subtitles of all 4 language (english, chinese, tamil, melayu)..

must be big big somemore so that the 'ang kong' from the crap mediacorp show can be cover up.:biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys think Mediacorpse so rich har? LOL

I know Indonesia and Thailand channels, during news, they have hand languages at the bottom.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about subtitles of all 4 language (english, chinese, tamil, melayu)..

must be big big somemore so that the 'ang kong' from the crap mediacorp show can be cover up.:biggrin:

Very soon the Thai pimp Tonychat will come in and say only loser Sinkies need subtitles. I think i better leave an advance message for him....

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very soon the Thai pimp Tonychat will come in and say only loser Sinkies need subtitles. I think i better leave an advance message for him....

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

He coming out from jail soon liao izzit? 2 days never heard from him liao leh, LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
He coming from jail soon liao izzit? 2 days never heard from him liao leh, LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

maybe that CB kia tonychat's internet got cut off. no $ to pay subscription mah. can only wait till neighbour on wireless internet then steal ppl's connection. :biggrin::eek:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To prove you are serious in Chinese language i can only think of 1 way...

TATTOO "中文好 !" onto your cock. As you all may know, tattoo is like a permanent thing, even if you laser off still will leave scars. Furthermore, don't think anyone wanna laser off tattoo on COCK.

Best part is you constantly remind yourself when you pull your cock out to pee.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To prove you are serious in Chinese language i can only think of 1 way...

TATTOO "中文好 !" onto your cock. As you all may know, tattoo is like a permanent thing, even if you laser off still will leave scars. Furthermore, don't think anyone wanna laser off tattoo on COCK.

Best part is you constantly remind yourself when you pull your cock out to pee.
I will tattoo “龙的传人” :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese language is not really about speaking. It's about writing. There're so many dialects pronounced differently but unified around the Chinese characters. Many people used to alphabetic pronunciation consonant+vowel writing system would be stunned silly by the Chinese writing system. But therein lies the beauty. Learn to appreciate it and you'd fall in love with it, and learning more of it becomes easier.

Japanese call their language 日本语. Chinese call their language 中文。Notice the difference in emphasis? Japanese is a spoken language first and foremost, assisted by Chinese characters in writing. Chinese is a written language to begin with. It doesn't matter how you pronounce it, whether in Hanyu Pinyin or dialects or even Japanese. The written characters carry the meaning and the essense more than the sound.

The reverse case is in Indo-European languages like English and Spanish, and even Altaic like Japanese. It doesn't matter how you spell it, the sound of the speech carry the meaning and the essence. In any case, the Japanese writing system is a strange hybrid combining kana syllabary (quite different from consonant+vowel alphabet) and Chinese characters, and usually interchangeably depending on style or context. It's visually the most beautiful writing system in the world, but also the hardest to learn.

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
what the fuck all these crap about learning mandarin, or cannot see world cup, can see cannot see...irrelevant

knnccb straits times got nothing better to report is it..?

report on why some poor families suffering and no shelter
why medical costs keeps going up and up for no reason
why CPF more and more people cannot ever see their CPF monies
why in spite of public utilities prices keeps going up in spite of the stat boards making tons of money
why our young couples must pay 300,000 for a five room flat to start a family

see you in hell soon pappies

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
what the fuck all these crap about learning mandarin, or cannot see world cup, can see cannot see...irrelevant

knnccb straits times got nothing better to report is it..?

report on why some poor families suffering and no shelter
why medical costs keeps going up and up for no reason
why CPF more and more people cannot ever see their CPF monies
why in spite of public utilities prices keeps going up in spite of the stat boards making tons of money
why our young couples must pay 300,000 for a five room flat to start a family

see you in hell soon pappies

This is old PAP tactic mah. Deliberately create a controversy where there was none before, to distract from the real issues.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alright, I'll modify my original statement, how about bringing back hokkien and canton shows! I'm the generation that missed out on it!

Too bad. Banned already how to bring back? Anyway, you can go Johor Bahru to watch a HK movie in original Cantonese. The experience would be different and of course much satisfying than in dubbed Mandarin.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese language is not really about speaking. It's about writing. There're so many dialects pronounced differently but unified around the Chinese characters. Many people used to alphabetic pronunciation consonant+vowel writing system would be stunned silly by the Chinese writing system. But therein lies the beauty. Learn to appreciate it and you'd fall in love with it, and learning more of it becomes easier.

Japanese call their language 日本语. Chinese call their language 中文。Notice the difference in emphasis? Japanese is a spoken language first and foremost, assisted by Chinese characters in writing. Chinese is a written language to begin with. It doesn't matter how you pronounce it, whether in Hanyu Pinyin or dialects or even Japanese. The written characters carry the meaning and the essense more than the sound.

The reverse case is in Indo-European languages like English and Spanish, and even Altaic like Japanese. It doesn't matter how you spell it, the sound of the speech carry the meaning and the essence. In any case, the Japanese writing system is a strange hybrid combining kana syllabary (quite different from consonant+vowel alphabet) and Chinese characters, and usually interchangeably depending on style or context. It's visually the most beautiful writing system in the world, but also the hardest to learn.

Good points! :smile:

I thought Arabic is one the hardest besides Chinese. :p

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad. Banned already how to bring back? Anyway, you can go Johor Bahru to watch a HK movie in original Cantonese. The experience would be different and of course much satisfying than in dubbed Mandarin.

Indeed, 原声原影 is the best, it conveys the message clearer, thats why I watched all movies, even french euro ones. Banned doesn't mean it can't be revived, gambling used to banned, showing sex scenes in cinemas used to be banned, what is so different to canto hokkien shows?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not really a big joke. English subtitles help to explain to banana people and foreigners including Westerners what the actors and actresses are saying.

Having BOTH English and Chinese subtitles like in the Hong Kong movies of the pre-handover era would be better.

Actually the chinese subtitles were put there cos HK movies were mostly speaking in canto language. The mainland ppl speak mandarin and cannot understand canto hence it's put there. Hk movies are also dubbed into mandarin and the HK ppl cannot understand hence they read the chinese subs.