• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shitty Time PLP says: ST is local hero!

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20100608/b10.jpg

Jun 8, 2010
ST no slouch in covering social issues

ONE OF the gripes of my overseas friends is the issue of 'state-controlled media' here in Singapore, specifically The Straits Times.

Having come from the United States, Europe, India and Australia, these friends refuse to read ST because they feel it does not 'do its job' compared with the main papers in their respective countries.

I used to be apologetic about the fact, but as I have grown older, I must say I disagree with my friends more and more.

Sure, ST has a limited role in Singapore's political arena. But in recent years, it has proven it is no slouch when it comes to social issues.

Like going toe-to-toe with the old National Kidney Foundation (NKF) leadership, championing domestic helper or blue collar worker issues, tackling thorny subjects like foreign talent integration, casting the spotlight on the Association of Women for Action and Research's (Aware) sexual education programme and so on.

The most impressive to date has to be how ST has not shrugged off its responsibilities in covering the City Harvest Church investigation.

I dare say it's like ST has its finger on the pulse of the people and is seeking answers for questions asked in coffee shops, cocktail parties and golf clubs - the latest being the issue of mega churches and the privatisation of the pulpit.

I can see my friends giving me grief for sticking up for ST, but I am happy to say: You are more than a good read, ST. Please don't waver in your role as a local hero.

Anand A. Vathiyar

YAWN :oIo:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
facepalm.jpg

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
that particular race always cry 'racism' when things don't go their way. low self esteem i supposed, what else?

:rolleyes:
Yup. Do they even bother to understand why are they the only race beaten up severely in Australia? The Chinese, Viets and others do not encounter such violent incidents.

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Do they even bother to understand why are they the only race beaten up severely in Australia? The Chinese, Viets and others do not encounter such violent incidents.

sigh. low self esteem, still try to act superior. who will like? plus who likes a walking sewerage bag that stinks up the whole place and yet must insist u must put up with the smell in order not to be racists? sigh. incredive india. indeed.

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh. low self esteem, still try to act superior. who will like? plus who likes a walking sewerage bag that stinks up the whole place and yet must insist u must put up with the smell in order not to be racists? sigh. incredive india. indeed.

Actually there are two types:

The fairer skin (Northern) does not stink but has limitless arrogance. Encountered so many of them till I emphatize why the Aussies beat them up.

The darker skin (Southern) stinks but they are pretty nice people and friendly. Though uncouth and loud.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

They think after beating them no one will discover it . Due to pigmentation .

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 154th is obviously targetting overseas readers (aka foreigners) since they now have zero credibility among singaporeans.

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
srnathan.jpg

Another ah neh that is not bashed up yet. (but deserved to be for wasting taxpayers' money)

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
They think after beating them no one will discover it . Due to pigmentation .
LOL. Only in sammyboy can you get away with such comments.

But that is not the only reason why they get bashed up. They are very arrogant and act like the whole world owes them a living. If i am an Aussie seeing an Indian being bashed up like this, I might join in too.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually i like to read strait times, only the part where they copy from papers around the world, like new york posts etc.

the foreign news coverage is pretty good, those are written by oversea papers, where straits time just copy and paste.

the rest of the news especially local news are rubbish, of course i disgusted with them sinkies reporters. scum of the universe, i call them. sell out their profession for money.

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i like to read strait times, only the part where they copy from papers around the world, like new york posts etc.

the foreign news coverage is pretty good, those are written by oversea papers, where straits time just copy and paste.

the rest of the news especially local news are rubbish, of course i disgusted with them sinkies reporters. scum of the universe, i call them. sell out their profession for money.
The world coverage is good only because they got it from Reuters and Agence-French Presse. The local news is practically a PAP-praising section. They are not even reporters, probably just PAP scribes.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The world coverage is good only because they got it from Reuters and Agence-French Presse. The local news is practically a PAP-praising section. They are not even reporters, probably just PAP scribes.

PAP scribes? that is so kind of you.
i split and piss on singapore reporters.

yeah i like to read those world coverage they took from other papers, i donot know if you are aware, if you read US papers, they are full of US news only. very little world coverage. same for england papers, i hate reading these, only about local news.
singapore straits times are really good for world news.
I have not seen better copy and paste.

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP scribes? that is so kind of you.
i split and piss on singapore reporters.

yeah i like to read those world coverage they took from other papers, i donot know if you are aware, if you read US papers, they are full of US news only. very little world coverage. same for england papers, i hate reading these, only about local news.
singapore straits times are really good for world news.
I have not seen better copy and paste.
We have to give them credit for bothering to copy and paste from international news sites or papers. :biggrin: