• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shane Todd's murder cover-up

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Shane Todd's parents call it corrupt no suing

If your son tells you over a period if he is dead, call embassy and then he really dies and the police tells you he died from hanging.

How would a parent react?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

If your son tells you over a period if he is dead, call embassy and then he really dies and the police tells you he died from hanging.

How would a parent react?

We have only the parents words vs the words of both American and Singaporean Medical Examiners.

How would you react? Every death is a murder is it? Investigate every FT death?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We have only the parents words vs the words of both American and Singaporean Medical Examiners.

The American examiners were merely reviewing the report from the sinkee examiners. Where's the independence? PAP flies them in on first-class, put them up in suites, paid them generously and we expect that these examiners will attack the local examiners?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When SPF and you and other PAP running dogs say it is a suicide

WE ALL KNOW IT WAS A FUCKING MURDER

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More inconsistencies!

Look at how the PAP-Press try to give the wrong impression ....header of article states that Shane Todd was stressed and secretive ...the bulk of the article dealt with other matters. Note the glean of facts that show the inconsistencies in the PAP's line.

He said Dr Todd was "always concerned about violating American intellectual property law and import/export policy"
Why? Because Shane was coocoo?

He said Dr Todd told him that his IME supervisor, Dr Patrick Lo, had on a few occasions pressured him to ask for very intimate details of Aurrion's technology, with the aim of understanding and copying it.
Why? IME says that Shane did only 'logistical' stuff ...is this logistical?

From December 2010 to June 2011, the two worked on a project with a US-based start-up firm, Aurrion, which included the development of a planar laser. It was for telecommunications, but could be used either for military or commercial purposes, Dr Cubillo said.
The Aurrion chief executive officer had been friends with Dr Todd from their days at the University of California, Santa Barbara, where Dr Todd had got his PhD.
Shane Todd knew people ...so much for the IME's BS that Shane was doing insignificant work for IME.

But State Counsel Teo Lu Jia said that the Investigation Officer's (IO) laptop ran on Windows Vista, on which the last access date is disabled by default. It was previously mentioned that the external drive was with the IO at that time.[
What a convenient excuse. Using Windows Vista in 2012?? Come on ...Windows 7 will soon be gone and the overpaid SPF is using windows vista! You believe that?

Senior Counsel Philip Jeyaretnam, who is representing IME.
Alamak, he betrays his late father!

IME wanted to cover up. IME said they did no work for Huawei. Yet, testimonies have shown that IME did lots of work for Huawei. And here, IME is trying to prevent that from becoming public info.
Dr Cubillo had made an audio recording of an April 11 meeting in which Dr Lo told several employees to be "very careful" about what they said in their police statements.
He recalled that he had been working that day when he got a call from a human resources officer, to "go see (Dr Lo) to be coached on what to say during the later statement, and I refused to go".
He said the staff member called half an hour later, saying he "must go to the meeting or you will suffer the full consequences".
"When people tell you (that), it's a way of saying, you should be thinking of modifying your statement. That is how I understood it," he said.

He was stressed and secretive

By Rennie Whang
The New Paper
Saturday, May 25, 2013

US Researcher's Death in S'pore

HE USED to talk all the time, then he changed and became secretive, said a friend of late US researcher, Dr Shane Todd. Dr Joseph Romen Cubillo, 43, testified Wednesday at the Coroner's Inquiry into the death of Dr Todd, who was found hanged in his flat here on June 24 last year.

"Shane had been stressed since February 2012. This was when I noted that he became secretive about all his projects," said Dr Cubillo.

But he said he wasn't aware of the scope of Dr Todd's work, or if he was working on any defence-related projects at the Institute of Microelectronics (IME), where they were colleagues in different departments.

He said Dr Todd was "always concerned about violating American intellectual property law and import/export policy".

From December 2010 to June 2011, the two worked on a project with a US-based start-up firm, Aurrion, which included the development of a planar laser. It was for telecommunications, but could be used either for military or commercial purposes, Dr Cubillo said.

The Aurrion chief executive officer had been friends with Dr Todd from their days at the University of California, Santa Barbara, where Dr Todd had got his PhD.

He said Dr Todd told him that his IME supervisor, Dr Patrick Lo, had on a few occasions pressured him to ask for very intimate details of Aurrion's technology, with the aim of understanding and copying it.

"I remembered Shane was almost moved to tears. Shane told me that (Dr Lo) had verbally asked for (files which are the complete design of a chip)."

Calling it a breach of a non-disclosure agreement, Dr Cubillo said: "Asking (for this file) of laser technology is something that cannot be done... It's like asking for the PIN code of your credit card."

He said he remembered one occasion in December 2011 when Dr Todd told him he wanted to resign from IME over this. "He was very upset. He said he cannot work in a company where the top management does that kind of thing." Dr Cubillo said he told Dr Todd not to resign.

"I told him that when you do research, do what you love, you are born to do.

"If somebody asks you to do it, just don't do it. I don't see any contradiction, you can still do your job. Doesn't mean (when) you have a problem with top management, you resign."

Dr Cubillo said he wasn't aware of IME's whistle-blowing policy, pointed out by Senior Counsel Philip Jeyaretnam, who is representing IME.

Never briefed

He had never been briefed about the document which is found on the institute's intranet, he said.

"To tell you the truth, I'm very happy there is a whistle-blowing policy now. I can use it in the future," he said.

Dr Cubillo had made an audio recording of an April 11 meeting in which Dr Lo told several employees to be "very careful" about what they said in their police statements.

He recalled that he had been working that day when he got a call from a human resources officer, to "go see (Dr Lo) to be coached on what to say during the later statement, and I refused to go".

He said the staff member called half an hour later, saying he "must go to the meeting or you will suffer the full consequences".

He said he asked her to send an e-mail as the meeting had been arranged without this usual verification. The staff member eventually did so.

Dr Cubillo said that apart from asking them to review their statements to protect customer confidentiality, Dr Lo also said: "Huawei can sue us."

"When people tell you (that), it's a way of saying, you should be thinking of modifying your statement. That is how I understood it," he said.

Dr Cubillo said he did not manage to record this part as the mobile phone he used to record had run out of memory by then. He gave a police statement on April 18 and gave a revised statement the next day, crossing out the names of four or five IME defence-related customers "to avoid any trouble with IME," he said.

Also raised in court yesterday was the issue of the temporary file that had been on Dr Todd's external hard drive. While the file is dated June 27 last year, three days after Dr Todd was found dead, its corresponding parent file is dated June 22 last year.

This discrepancy in dates had been raised by Mr Ashraf Massoud, a California-based IT analyst engaged by Dr Todd's parents. But State Counsel Teo Lu Jia said that the Investigation Officer's (IO) laptop ran on Windows Vista, on which the last access date is disabled by default. It was previously mentioned that the external drive was with the IO at that time.

Two US pathologists also took the stand to say that Dr Edward Adelstein, a medical examiner engaged by the Todd family who testified on Tuesday, was mistaken in suggesting that Dr Todd could have been killed with a taser and carotid armlock (neck chokehold).

There were no taser marks on the body and it rarely kills, said Dr David Fowler, chief medical examiner for the state of Maryland, in the US.

Dr Valerie Rao, chief medical examiner of District 4 and part of District 3 in Jacksonville, Florida, in the US, added that if had there been a chokehold, there should have been signs of a struggle between the assailant and the victim, with the victim trying to fight off the arm choking him.

On Dr Adelstein's claim that Dr Todd had headbutted his assailant in self-defence, Dr Rao said: "If there was headbutting, there would definitely be haemorrhage under the scalp."

But the pathologist who opened Dr Todd's scalp found no injury there.

The inquiry continues today.

[email protected]

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I am not. I am supporting my ex-colleagues in the SPF on this case. It was suicide, period.

Agree. It was clear from the facts presented.

Only the hard core anti-PAP want to defend Todd's parents. I think they should focus their energies elsewhere.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

They should give the 5 lawyers for the family who gave free service PBMs. And the family did not even treat them right. I don't in the history of the Law Society its member have given free service to a local when it comes to a Coroner's Inquiry let alone 5 of them for one case. I suppose Ang Mo Tua Kee.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree. It was clear from the facts presented.

Only the hard core anti-PAP want to defend Todd's parents. I think they should focus their energies elsewhere.

MIW have yet to endorse murder as an option to eliminate whatever imminent threats confronting them. Can't say the same for the Russian, Malaysian, US and some other govts though.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't in the history of the Law Society its member have given free service to a local when it comes to a Coroner's Inquiry let alone 5 of them for one case.

Yes, I can't recall any for a CI too.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes, I can't recall any for a CI too.

Maybe not under their pro bono classifications leh??

You cant expect the lawsociety to send lawyers to act for drunks and illegal gamblers too right?

Anyways like i said,...the truth in this case will never be known. The AGC has to cover up for the fucked up police clowns so they have drawn the line and taken an uncompromising and hardened stance so there can be no real examination of what forensics should have been done....

as for the family....too fuckin bad man.....everyday thousands die anyway, just because you are american doesnt make you anymore special...... Dont kpkb about getting bombed or killed when the us government is reponsible for more civilian killings than any other fucking government (aside from north korea ....and used to be enemies but their new friends, the damm burmese)........

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

when the us government is reponsible for more civilian killings than any other fucking government

The govt responsible for the most civilian killings is none other than China.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

They should give the 5 lawyers for the family who gave free service PBMs. And the family did not even treat them right. I don't in the history of the Law Society its member have given free service to a local when it comes to a Coroner's Inquiry let alone 5 of them for one case. I suppose Ang Mo Tua Kee.

Dear Master Yoda,

Nice Jedi Mind Trick(s). Hats off to you. You've managed to play on Sinkies' negative sub-conscious emotions, inculcated by 5 decades of ST and MOE brainwashing.

1. Labelling the Todds as ungrateful;

2. Smearing Sinkie lawyers for not doing pro-bono work;

3. Asians' negative feelings towards Caucasians left over from centuries of colonialism.

And you did all these in ONE paragraph. IMPRESSIVE. Indeed, I do have a lot to learn and acknowledge that I'm only a novice Jedi. For a rebuttal, please see my next post.

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

And now, my Dear Master Yoda, the rebuttal to the above 3 points from a novice Jedi:

1. Do the Todds know court procedure? No, they rely on their 5 pro-bono lawyers, most of whom are American with the token local to advise on local "idiosyncracies" of which there are many. They told the Todds that springing witnesses at the last minute goes against the principle of a fair hearing and is more evidence that they are participating in a charade. In all likelihood, it is these lawyers who have advised them to walk out of the hearing and refuse to lend this fake inquiry any legitimacy by their continued participation in what is in First World's eyes a CHARADE. So, no they are not ungrateful - they just followed good advice.

2. The token Sinkie lawyer in the Todd's team is requested by the Sinkie government to be there, to guide the Todd's American TRUE pro-bono lawyers through our procedural MAZE. He is not pro-bono by any measure. Real pro-bono Sinkie lawyers are indeed a rare creature. Why? Just ask my Avatar, Calvin Fones and Ravi. IMH seems to be the LEEgime's favourite place to deposit such kind hearted and righteous "delinquents". The rarity of pro-bono Sinkie lawyers is by design rather than accident. And the designer is?

3. Please, we are living in the new millennium and in return for OUT OF THIS WORLD ministerial pay we were promised Swiss standards of living. This should include First World standards on such intangible things as the Rule of Law, Accountability, Transparency, etc notwithstanding that at the present time the leaders in these areas are Ang Mor countries.

Master Yoda, you need to teach me more of these Jedi mind tricks.

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah. Really clever! There's one more Jedi mind trick that even I missed.

Did anyone noticed that starting from post #408, PAP IB Golden Dragon (his colleague Watchman8 said that GD, Locke and others are paid DOUBLE to work on Vesak Day!), the header has been changed to: "Shane Todd's parents called it corrupt no suing". So, if you just clicked reply without noticing this change, it will become the header to your post even though your message is entirely different!

Shane Todd's parents are not suing because they know Sinkie Courts do not meet up to First World standards. That's to put it mildly. To call a spade a spade would require them to call Sinkie Courts KANGAROO! Why waste money.

My above two posts' headers should be the same as the title of this thread: "SHANE TODD'S MURDER COVER-UP"!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Wah. Really clever! There's one more Jedi mind trick that even I missed.

Did anyone noticed that starting from post #408, PAP IB Golden Dragon (his colleague Watchman8 said that GD, Locke and others are paid DOUBLE to work on Vesak Day!), the header has been changed to: "Shane Todd's parents called it corrupt no suing". So, if you just clicked reply without noticing this change, it will become the header to your post even though your message is entirely different!

Another conspiracy theorist on the loose!!!

The reason why the titles vary is because I have been merging many threads on this subject.

The title your refer to is inherited from a thread that was started here http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?152227-Shane-Todd-s-murder-cover-up&p=1537337#post1537337

I merged it with this thread to keep things together.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not. I am supporting my ex-colleagues in the SPF on this case. It was suicide, period.

Your ex-colleagues are trying real hard to do the PAP's bidding to cover up. But there are too many holes that were left unplugged and were out of the control of your buddies.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Come on, I thought you are better than the PAP to spread lies.