• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Shaming the FoodCourt Screamer - does she deserve all these online shaming?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was reported that after "purchasing" the condo unit, Fatty and her hubby would hustle the property agents for a meal at the more expensive Chinese restaurants, costing several hundreds dollars......

Damn cheapskate couple..... just for the pride of being ushered around like royalty for a few hours.......

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no interest to complete the transaction i.e. purchase the flat. The intention is to have a free meal. They have a window of 2 days to take advantage of the agent.

Bounced cheques if the account is open is not a crime and therefore has historically used to commit "fraud".

I was wondering what's the rationale for doing it, i.e. The fake purchase.....if the cheque bounced, the transaction would not deem to have transacted.

Is there really such phony buyer..... Maybe forumers from the real estate industry can share the details......

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone here behaves like a saint to condemn her offline conduct insulting others. What about online conduct insulting others - with lies some more? Not just someone but many here have done so and got away scotfree.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was wondering what's the rationale for doing it, i.e. The fake purchase.....if the cheque bounced, the transaction would not deem to have transacted.

Is there really such phony buyer..... Maybe forumers from the real estate industry can share the details......

Someone here has earlier advised the developer actually can sue for the forfeiture of deposit 1.25%. They should do that instead of condoning such cheaters.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone here has earlier advised the developer actually can sue for the forfeiture of deposit 1.25%. They should do that instead of condoning such cheaters.

My thought is that if the real estate agent rather than the developer can sue the recalcitrant member. After all, it's is them that is being affected.

Nevertheless, am surprised by such tactics just to get a free meal.....not sure if it's prevalent though.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My thought is that if the real estate agent rather than the developer can sue the recalcitrant member. After all, it's is them that is being affected.

Nevertheless, am surprised by such tactics just to get a free meal.....not sure if it's prevalent though.

Ya actually the property agents should do so by going to small claims court. The meals cost 500 to 700 according to the Facebook post. Not that small sum.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a buoyant market, it is easy to find another ready buyer. Some are already on the waiting list. Legal suits cost money and time and the culprits might not have any money. In a slow market, developers have sued.

You can only sue for the deposit money but not for the free food or any other expenses incurred by the agent as that is not contractual.

AfterTheWar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The appropriate photo should be Xia Xuay :biggrin:

alice_fong_jem_foodcourt_screamer_sue_ASS_0.jpg

Does She deserve all these online naming and shaming?