• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shameless Sell Out by FAP: PRs own 48,700 HDB flats as at September

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
In time to come, there wil be more ethnic gangs sprouting like spring mushrooms that i worry most! Like Los Angeles.....hahahaahaha!

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
the govt has exploit us and still is.
sinkapore allowing strangers to our home and daylight rob us.
when i speak wif some frenz regarding such issue. omg, they told me wa lau stop behaving like uncle lah.
talk about this for what.

I had a similar experience. I once explained to a group of Sinkies on how we are being fucked over by our ridiculous immigration policies. It soon turned into a loud argument, with me defending my position against SIX of them, who accused me of being unreasonable and then went on like a broken record about how badly we need these foreign talent because "we are not good enough".

Sinkies, besides being stupid and gutless, suffer from poor self-esteem as well.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how badly we need these foreign talent because "we are not good enough".

Sinkies, besides being stupid and gutless, suffer from poor self-esteem as well.
they are at extreme low.
didnt they witness the foreign trash are just a average joe who taking up jobs which sporeans can do too.
wat not good enuff are they toking abt? the foreign trash coming here to build rockets ah?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life imitating art :biggrin:

[video=youtube;TsDXZLwX4rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsDXZLwX4rs&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is empirical truth in their point, it applies to all nations. It's not about FTs, it's about policy and model for a nation to be sustainable.

Maybe, you should ask them why they think "we are not good enough" and let them ponder over it.

I had a similar experience. I once explained to a group of Sinkies on how we are being fucked over by our ridiculous immigration policies. It soon turned into a loud argument, with me defending my position against SIX of them, who accused me of being unreasonable and then went on like a broken record about how badly we need these foreign talent because "we are not good enough".

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. what's equally interesting to know is the number of spr renting out rooms or the entire flat goes unreported to hdb?
3. local sheep are screwed left, right, central again and again!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
How did you come to the conclusion that 48K flats to Foreigners = high when 48K flats out of 992K(992000 Residential Units see Page 3) only consitute to < 5% of the total number of flats in SG yet the total PR population(about 500K PR vs 3257K citizens(check Singstatsfor numbers)) consistute 15% of resident population in SG. Don't look at pure numbers. Look at materiality

Hello wMulew,

Appreciate your post and argument with housing and population statistics.

However I would like to point out that the total number of public housing available is probably about 10% lower at 883k (See pg 7), not 992k as you suggested which is the total units built to date. Hence PRs currently own 5.6% (49k/883k) of all HDB dwellings in Singapore.

It is also disingenuous to compare the number of PR vs citizens in this context. That is because a PR may have a citizen spouse or vice versa, and the 49k flats are strictly units owned by PRs-only households. Shall I draw you a Venn diagram?

Therefore it is not unreasonable to assume each flat represents one PR household in Singapore. 49k PRs-only household against a total resident household of 1150k would mean PRs-only household account for 4.3% of total households in Singapore.

So we have this phenomena where PR-only households accounting for 4.3% of households in Singapore owning 5.6% of total available HDB flats in Singapore. It is an anomaly and that is what you ought to be looking at.

In the welfare thread I mentioned that HDB flats are a form of welfare for the community. What is the rationale for the Singapore government to extend this right/welfare to non-citizen residents who do not share in the obligations of citizenship?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello wMulew,

However I would like to point out that the total number of public housing available is probably about 10% lower at 883k (See pg 7), not 992k as you suggested which is the total units built to date. Hence PRs currently own 5.6% (49k/883k) of all HDB dwellings in Singapore.

It is also disingenuous to compare the number of PR vs citizens in this context. That is because a PR may have a citizen spouse or vice versa, and the 49k flats are strictly units owned by PRs-only households. Shall I draw you a Venn diagram?

Therefore it is not unreasonable to assume each flat represents one PR household in Singapore. 49k PRs-only household against a total resident household of 1150k would mean PRs-only household account for 4.3% of total households in Singapore.

So we have this phenomena where PR-only households accounting for 4.3% of households in Singapore owning 5.6% of total available HDB flats in Singapore. It is an anomaly and that is what you ought to be looking at.

In the welfare thread I mentioned that HDB flats are a form of welfare for the community. What is the rationale for the Singapore government to extend this right/welfare to non-citizen residents who do not share in the obligations of citizenship?
In the first place, why are PR allowed to buy HDB flats meant for Singaporeans? They can buy/rent private properties.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blah Blah Blah

I don't have a big problem with PRs who owns flat married to locals. Wouldn't that also indicate that more likely then not, the PR is staying put. As for your estimate it's still way below the level the 15% population ratio. So no that's still not an anomaly

As for welfarism and HDB. PRs CANNOT buy direct from HDB, they can only buy from the resale market hence there is little in terms of benefit yet it benefits the local who bought at a subsidized rate earning a profit from the sale of their flat to PRs.

BTW your might want to revise the figure upwards. I was looking at the marriage stats. Last year Citizen to non citizen marriage was at 40%

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/themes/people/popinbrief2011.pdf See Page 11

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
wMulew,

Thank you for pointing out that PR-only households are not being eligible for application of new HDB flats, but are allowed to buy resale units. That is a story for another day though. A gift for you mon ami, hope to see more of your posts.

Egalitarian public housing policy 2.jpg

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello wMulew,

Saw from page 7, 48k flats is equivalent to one town - Ang Mo Kio! That is a lot of HDB flats taken up by PR.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have a big problem with PRs who owns flat married to locals. Wouldn't that also indicate that more likely then not, the PR is staying put. As for your estimate it's still way below the level the 15% population ratio. So no that's still not an anomaly

As for welfarism and HDB. PRs CANNOT buy direct from HDB, they can only buy from the resale market hence there is little in terms of benefit yet it benefits the local who bought at a subsidized rate earning a profit from the sale of their flat to PRs.

BTW your might want to revise the figure upwards. I was looking at the marriage stats. Last year Citizen to non citizen marriage was at 40%

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/themes/people/popinbrief2011.pdf See Page 11

There are many Sporeans who can't even buy resale due to single, age and other restrictions. The 48k flats bought by PR could have been opened up to theses Sporeans instead.

What about the profits earned by PRs from sale of HDB when they returned home? I know of one who made Sgd100k and went home after several years in SG. Multiply that by 48k flats means 4.8 billion profits!