• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Vivian Balakrishnan, foreign minister of Singapore, apologized to Wang Yi, for "not wearing tie" while formally welcoming him to Singapore.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
so yr frens come to yr house u also must dress up? is tat the rule? i never bother cos it's my home and I wear shorts and t-shirt even when my frens are over for dinner wearing proper shirt and pants jeans.
For Home visits, there is a separate discussion as you will need to define the guest and occasion first to proceed.
Eg if you are expecting a mp, a pastor etc to come, you need to at least grab a shirt minimum collared to round neck (not singlet tank top etc) to receive the guest. In this case, the host can be of lower dress code. However if you are inviting them to your home for a party or ceremony, then again you need to be of same or higher dress code than the guest.
If is your friend, define the friendship level.
The same.person coming to your house and meeting outside the same rules applies

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so yr frens come to yr house u also must dress up? is tat the rule? i never bother cos it's my home and I wear shorts and t-shirt even when my frens are over for dinner wearing proper shirt and pants jeans.
sha is most casual. everytime i visit her she’s wearing lingerie with no bra and no panties. can see 2 dots and a bushy grin staring at me.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
For Home visits, there is a separate discussion as you will need to define the guest and occasion first to proceed.
Eg if you are expecting a mp, a pastor etc to come, you need to at least grab a shirt minimum collared to round neck (not singlet tank top etc) to receive the guest. In this case, the host can be of lower dress code. However if you are inviting them to your home for a party or ceremony, then again you need to be of same or higher dress code than the guest.
If is your friend, define the friendship level.
The same.person coming to your house and meeting outside the same rules applies
y must subject oneself to what others think is polite and cannot be natural oneself, it's my home my country, not happy pls don't come

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
y must subject oneself to what others think is polite and cannot be natural oneself, it's my home my country, not happy pls don't come
This question had been posed to the service excellence trainer.
The answer - because when you doesn't follow the rule, you already lose some of the battle before it started. Trainer was talking about when giving presentation to potential client to clinch business deals or attending a interview where the stakes are high.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
This ah qua tot he got money n power ,disrespect ppl, its like looking down on Wang yi, idiot snake this is wat sinkies want,yaya

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
The answer - because when you doesn't follow the rule, you already lose some of the battle before it started. Trainer was talking about when giving presentation to potential client to clinch business deals or attending a interview where the stakes are high.
boomer gen trainer

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

The guest see abnormal behaviour of host... take down his tie is not about respect....

surprise... maybe looking as if quest is going to get a special welcome like BBQ at the poolside... or wild wild party reception....

Maybe where host was mugged by enemy and he throw code signal to the quest warning something deadly ahead after the door... get ready to duck ..

Suspicious, raise eyebrows .... warning, adversary ahead... enemy about...

Vivian shd resign... no excuse... scared the VIP guest is State treason...

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually in my humble opinion, the new era pap official white shirt and pants with its logo is a very professional and clean cut dress code. It is slim fit with top notch material. Very original.
They should wear this for all office events as it look very stylish too and completely different from the old pap era.
It doesn't requires a tie yet it look very formal..a very very safe bet for all kinds of occasion even when receiving high grade officials from all over the world.
images.jpeg.jpg

See for yourself - tailored tapered slim fit

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that Vivan has hedge his bet right with Wang Yi. Qin Gang has been ousted , Wang Yi remains the clear winner.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Donch need to apologise… just invite Wang Yi to Ridout mansion for high tea so that the Chinese can understand our minister’s lifestyle and fashion wear.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if LHL apologizes for his autist attempt at humour with the pork soup on tap joke, would the Chinese apologize for seizing our tanks in HK?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
For fuck’s sake, he had one job - look presentable for a formal meeting and he failed in that? Even a fucking insurance agent wears a tie to meet a client.

I think Vivian is finally implementing his Project Clown makeup project

1691817488020.gif