• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Transition to SimplyGo: Singaporeans can NO longer use your EZ-Link or NETS FlashPay cards for public transport fare payment from 1 June 2024

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Switch-to-SimplyGo-Banner-320x190.png

ICanHasThrowAwayKek

Speaking as someone that is literally making a living from govt IT projects, this smells of needless profiteering off a solution that is looking for a problem to solve.

It borders upon the destructiveness of web3/NFT bullshit, except that it's going to impact everyone who needs to work for a living.

Notice how this forced increase of inconvenience fails to affect car users. There are devs on LTA's fb page actively replying to comments with "use app to track" as if bad UX is a good solution to everything.

LTA talks a big game of wanting society to go car-lite, yet bullshit like this motivates people to buy cars in order to avoid the deliberate vandalism and increased incoherence of public goods.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Currently, about two in three adult fare transactions on public transport are made using either SimplyGo EZ-Link or bank cards.

Most adult commuters will not be affected by this transition, as they are already using SimplyGo EZ-Link or contactless bank cards. Commuters using concession cards will not be affected.

Not my problem, I use a bank card (not SimplyGo). Some crony out there is definitely profiting off the SimplyGo project. :cool:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A reminder that transactions using NETS have a tax slapped on it, no doubt to discourage you from using NETS and use some other cashless system of payment instead. :wink:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not my problem, I use a bank card (not SimplyGo). Some crony out there is definitely profiting off the SimplyGo project. :cool:
bank card as in your debit or credit card, right? i seldom use bank card, i am using the old transit link card which show the fare value when u tap it.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTA talks a big game of wanting society to go car-lite, yet bullshit like this motivates people to buy cars in order to avoid the deliberate vandalism and increased incoherence of public goods.
wait a minute? then what is the reason to have COE and ERP if the govt want people to buy car? Is this logic valid?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bank card as in your debit or credit card, right? i seldom use bank card, i am using the old transit link card which show the fare value when u tap it.

Yes a credit card. It shows the value when you tap it. And auto top-ups when the fare value is depleted.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes a credit card. It shows the value when you tap it. And auto top-ups when the fare value is depleted.
To avoid simplygo bullshit, just use your debit/credit card? i dun like the auto top up feature, not easy to keep track of commute fares. I always keep my finance tidy. The EZ-link card is a good way for that.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SimplyGo card is a fuck up problematic system. I have used it on the bus a few times and the reader rejected it even though I just top up the farecard. And the worst thing is I can't even see the balance value! Who is the mother fucker who came up with such this chee bye system?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To avoid simplygo bullshit, just use your debit/credit card?

Not sure, I've been using the bank card for many years, long before the SimplyGo thing was invented.

The whole concept of SimplyGo is absurd. The fare card machines have a large display panel, would it kill you to display the remaining card value? Sometimes people do travel without carrying a phone, ever thought about that?

Unless of course, you want to create jobs for a bunch of losers who are coding and maintaining your app. Just a small cog in the wheel of your grandiose 'smart nation' delusions. :cool:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SimplyGo card is a fuck up problematic system. I have used it on the bus a few times and the reader rejected it even though I just top up the farecard. And the worst thing is I can't even see the balance value! Who is the mother fucker who came up with such this chee bye system?
It's a con job. Not only never display value... You transfer bus/mrt also will not indicate transfer on the screen where you know you will be charged much less.

Want to confirm your fare? Install a fucking app.
Lots of seniors will lose money to simplygo scammers.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
FUCK PAP....please simply die......waste of time and money with all these fucking unneeded new systems
why must everyone learn to use all these crap