• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Singaporean Sec 1 girl spends $2,500 a month at arcades playing games

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
2023091578264984img1825.jpg

wong_shiying.png
Wong Shiying ST journalist

SINGAPORE – Thirteen-year-old Alicia (not her real name) spends about $2,500 a month at arcades, playing games that reward her with tickets that can be exchanged for gadgets and toys.

She is at the arcades about five times a month, often for up to two hours each time. The Secondary 1 student, who does well at school, said it is a thrill.

Arcades are not allowed to admit those under the age of 16 on school days, except between 6.30pm and 11.59pm, but Alicia said she has never been stopped before.

She just changes out of her school uniform before entering the arcades in malls near her school.

Alicia, who gets the money to spend at arcades from her mother, told The Sunday Times (ST): “I can buy these toys online and spend less money, but it feels totally different getting them at an arcade.

“There, I get the satisfaction of winning the toys on my own, which makes me really happy.”

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ng-hundreds-on-arcade-games-sparking-concerns

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I highly doubt it's actually playing arcade games e.g. fighting game or racing game etc... I bet it's one of those claw catcher machines, and she's trying to grab those tempting cute items displayed in the machines. :wink:

There is a proliferation of those claw catcher machine shops islandwide. Usually they occupy abandoned mall shop space.

The risk-reward mechanics are not too different to what you find at SG Pools, MBS or RWS.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I highly doubt it's actually playing arcade games e.g. fighting game or racing game etc... I bet it's one of those claw catcher machines, and she's trying to grab those tempting cute items displayed in the machines. :wink:

There is a proliferation of those claw catcher machine shops islandwide. Usually they occupy abandoned mall shop space.

The risk-reward mechanics are not too different to what you find at SG Pools, MBS or RWS.
These machines are operated by SME and SME provide huge fund to PAP

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if she can spend 2500 she must be having income of at least 2700 either from pocket money or otherwise. who ever patronise her sibeh garang....below 16 confirm rotan.