• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Govt : charging plastic bags for online purchases + Singaporeans must not throw food waste down chute to save on plastic bags!

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Plastic bag charges for online purchases among questions raised by MPs in Parliament debate​

istock-1459100855.jpg

BAGGING WASTE

On the topic of bagging waste for disposal, MP Yip Hon Weng (PAP-Yio Chu Kang) asked if there are plans to monitor whether discouraging plastic bag use might lead to food waste being thrown directly down rubbish chutes.

MP Joan Pereira (PAP-Tanjong Pagar) said that if “reasonable alternatives” are not provided, the problem of people obtaining plastic bags from supermarkets will simply be pushed to other sources. She also said some residents find the 10-cent charge expensive.

“Surely, we do not want residents throwing their rubbish, especially food waste, directly into the rubbish chutes, in order to save on the cost of bags,” she said.

Dr Khor said the packaging that hold bread or toilet rolls can be used to bag waste, as alternatives to supermarket carrier bags.

The plastic bag charge should not be an excuse to dispose of waste in an irresponsible manner!” she said.

Several MPs also brought up the possibility of people in Singapore buying single-use plastic bags, which may cost less than 5 cents each from online or overseas retailers.

Dr Khor said those who do so will still likely be more mindful of how they use the bags since they would have to pay for them, she added.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...rge-bottles-cans-recycling-food-waste-3365181

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can imagine Seng Siong cashiers complain about using different types and sizes of plastic bags and tote bags to put things after they scan the items. Why they complain? Because some cheebye uncles aunties may bring dirty used plastic bags/tote bags, or maybe they bring too small bags order the cashier to force items into it making the cashier confused about their protocols...we'll see the chaos soon.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
This whole fucking thing about saving the earth with less use of disposable plastic bags is a total farce. Without those supermarket plastic bags, then the alternative will be to go and buy those black plastic trash bags to contain your rubbish for disposal, where then is the "save my world" mentality? FUCK TO ALL THOSE FAKE ENVIRONMENTALISTS who insist on supermarket not to issue disposable plastic bags.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This whole fucking thing about saving the earth with less use of disposable plastic bags is a total farce. Without those supermarket plastic bags, then the alternative will be to go and buy those black plastic trash bags to contain your rubbish for disposal, where then is the "save my world" mentality? FUCK TO ALL THOSE FAKE ENVIRONMENTALISTS who insist on supermarket not to issue disposable plastic bags.

It's bigger than just a matter of the 'environment'. It's an indirect form of taxation, and in accordance to the wishes of the PAP technocrats' Davos masters. :cool:

Here is their blueprint for the enslavement of humanity:

E%20SDG%20Poster%202019_without%20UN%20emblem_cropped.png

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using plastic bags for years and suddenly they want to stop it by using malls and restaurants vaccination restrictions tactic.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Say NO to this environmental bullshit! Vote for intelligent and independent leaders who are not enslaved to this globalist nonsense and fake concern about the environment.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eventually,the problem will backfire on the minister and smack right into her face.What will sinkees do ? Sinkees will just throw the untied rubbish down into the HDB rubbish chute or throw untied rubbish directly into the rubbish container.:roflmao:

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eventually,the problem will backfire on the minister and smack right into her face.What will sinkees do ? Sinkees will just throw the untied rubbish down into the HDB rubbish chute or throw untied rubbish directly into the rubbish container.:roflmao:

By then she already made many $millions and went to Malaysia hometown for good.
No more her business

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Say NO to this environmental bullshit! Vote for intelligent and independent leaders who are not enslaved to this globalist nonsense and fake concern about the environment.

This is what happens when traitors have sold out the country to BlackRock. Smarter Sinkies would have noticed that shortly after that, the S-word 'sustainability' became a buzz word on the media. Not a coincidence. :cool:

Temasek and BlackRock Launch Decarbonization Investment Partnership
13 APR 2021

https://www.temasek.com.sg/en/news-...-blackrock-launch-decarbonization-partnership

Splendicker

Alfrescian
Loyal
By then google search “sewage go where” and you may have your answer, guess gov will provide container and collection points near rubbish cute at HDB. Meanwhile gov is looking for sewage recycling vendors, get hold the chance before is too late.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Unpleasant consequences of supermarkets’ plastic bag charge​

AUG 18, 2023

The move by supermarkets to charge for plastic bags is leading to more unsanitary and unhygienic Housing Board estates and rubbish chutes.
In the Toa Payoh HDB estate where I live, unbagged waste is being thrown into rubbish chutes, leading to foul smells. Relatives who live in other estates have the same problem.
Supermarkets and their customers are also impacted by the plastic bag rule. Customers without their own bags and who do not want to pay for the bags can be seen walking home carrying bulky food items. Others resort to stuffing their pockets with the plastic bags meant for packing fresh produce.
At self-service checkout counters, other customers and cashiers have at times given me long, hard stares whenever I carry five to 10 plastic bags during my grocery shopping trips. Once at a supermarket, three cashiers in five minutes accused me of stealing eight plastic shopping bags that I had paid for. They apologised after I showed them my receipt.
Instead of making the world greener, the new plastic move is creating new problems. People are helping themselves to the bags meant for produce, while those who buy the bags are looked on with suspicion.
There is a better solution. Disposable, biodegradable bags made from corn starch and lactic acid have been available since the 1990s. They have much smaller carbon footprints than either plastic or even fabric bags.

Eric J. Brooks