• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG: Employers prefer FTs and shunned me!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - SG: Employers prefer FTs and shunned me!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Mar-27 11:38 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30730.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>
http://www.tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,234791,00.html?
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#000000><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>'Locals want jobs in service sector' </TD></TR><TR><TD>But receptionist says employers in the industry prefer foreigners</TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>By Danson Cheong</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>March 26, 2010</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Locals shun jobs in the service sector, so employers have no choice but to hire foreign workers. Not if you ask Ms Emmi Sulaiman.

The 29-year-old receptionist said she has had door after door slammed in her face when she tried applying for jobs in the service line.
Ms Emmi had e-mailed The New Paper in response to Singapore Retailers Association executive director Lau Chuen Wei's comments in a report yesterday.
Ms Emmi claimed that for over a year, she had applied for five jobs at various F&B outlets but to no avail.
She recalled: "I went for an interview at a cafe. I looked around and the rest of the interviewees were all foreigners."
To her dismay, the cafe supervisor position she applied for went to a Myanmar national instead.
She said: "My friends working at the cafe told me the Myanmar national was hired for $1,200. I asked for $400 more."
But, Ms Emmi added, that was not an unreasonable amount to ask for.
"Let's get real,“ $1,600 is already barely enough for me to feed myself, my parents and pay the bills," she said. "Employers need to recognise that the cost of living in Singapore is high."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 29-year-old receptionist said she has had door after door slammed in her face when she tried applying for jobs in the service line.
Ms Emmi had e-mailed The New Paper in response to Singapore Retailers Association executive director Lau Chuen Wei's comments in a report yesterday.
Ms Emmi claimed that for over a year, she had applied for five jobs at various F&B outlets but to no avail.
She recalled: "I went for an interview at a cafe. I looked around and the rest of the interviewees were all foreigners."
To her dismay, the cafe supervisor position she applied for went to a Myanmar national instead.
She said: "My friends working at the cafe told me the Myanmar national was hired for $1,200. I asked for $400 more."
"Let's get real,“ $1,600 is already barely enough for me to feed myself, my parents and pay the bills," she said. "Employers need to recognise that the cost of living in Singapore is high."

Ms Emmi.... it has nothing to do with the salary....... the Myanmese got the job because she understood the industry practice of giving kickback to the hirer...... most probably she is giving back to the hirer $400 from the $1.2K salary.

If you had asked for $1.8K but your kickback amount is more than the Myanmese....eg.$500...... you would have gotten the job :p

Welcome to the real world :smile:
Principles.... morals..... ethics have all gone the way of the dodo........ singkieland now only knows moneytalk. :mad:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
She wants $1,600 for cafe receptionist job! No wonder cannot find job for one year. She can tell others to get real while remaining jobless. CMI

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This 29 year old lady should ask for 1.1k instead. Also, she should ask Vivian B. to deliver free food to her to cover her expenses.

So what if she has kids? This is peesai peasant's country. Peasants shouldn't have kids, shouldn't ask for too much, shouldn't own a land but must vote their masters into office every year.

Last edited:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - SG: Employers prefer FTs and shunned me!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Mar-27 11:38 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30730.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#000000><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>'Locals want jobs in service sector' </TD></TR><TR><TD>But receptionist says employers in the industry prefer foreigners</TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>By Danson Cheong</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>March 26, 2010</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Locals shun jobs in the service sector, so employers have no choice but to hire foreign workers. Not if you ask Ms Emmi Sulaiman.

The cost of living in Myanmar is not.

wonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Employers wants u to recognise that business operating cost is high due to u should know why and how come and by whom causes it!

icon.aspx

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[COLOR="_______"]For every dissappointed Singaporean, they will certainly give the vote to alternative party. In Singapore, you can easily claimed that at least 60% of Singaporeans are already dissappointed with PAP. Time for alternative party to form a new government and don't wait until election is announced. Tap the time given to you because you have every Singaporean support and mandate to wield your power against all pap policies and make changes - or we will never ever again.[/COLOR]

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just admit you are cheap skate traitor!

name-calling won't help you

i'm doing a favour by pointing out the reality

go ask anywhere, hotel, restaurant, coffeeshop, where got cashier paid $1,600

even the burmese $1,200 is above market

you guys need a reality check

or can stay jobless and shamlessly live off your aging parents

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can only so much during the erection day.

Employers won't be bother whether living standards in sinkapore high coz their rentals oso high...and yet must maintain their profitability high.

Gahmen won't be bother living standards high...since they wanna increase economy and GDP at all costs....

So who will bother?
Perhaps reporters from media.....coz they need to submit new stories every week. After is done with....they prey on others stories.

and poor sinkies will remain stagnant as it is,
no one helping
but
continue to suffer as ever.

:o :( :o

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't try to act saint now. I can dig out your many old postings with name calling too. :biggrin:

Too low how to survive? How to raise a family? Pay this pay that and HDB prices are sky rocketing.

Why should an employer hire someone for $1,600 when there is someone else at $1,200?

If you can't afford, then don't buy this and that. If too poor, don't raise family and burden yourself and the state.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can only so much during the erection day.

Employers won't be bother whether living standards in sinkapore high coz their rentals oso high...and yet must maintain their profitability high.

Gahmen won't be bother living standards high...since they wanna increase economy and GDP at all costs....

So who will bother?
Perhaps reporters from media.....coz they need to submit new stories every week. After is done with....they prey on others stories.

and poor sinkies will remain stagnant as it is,
no one helping
but
continue to suffer as ever.

actually environment here is very pro-business

instead of being an employee, singaporeans should run business and use that opportunity to grow wealth

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not say it must be $1600 you idiot. If everyone can be boss then who becomes the worker?

The food chain remember?

If the lowest base of food chain gets smaller and smaller, the top of the food chain will become more competitive and eventually slaughter one another.

If low-income worker hab a strike...then top management will gain nothing too.
Since oledi at bottom pit, dun mind drag a few others down too.

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually environment here is very pro-business

instead of being an employee, singaporeans should run business and use that opportunity to grow wealth

yah and be like you, build ur riches on others sufferings, blood sweat and tears?

u a Buddhist? u know that u will most likely be born as a pig in your next life?

:biggrin:

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol like that PAP cocksucker leethabar?

no wait, isnt he aldry a pig in human form?

ahahahahahahhaha.

StonebridgeLeaner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too low how to survive? How to raise a family? Pay this pay that and HDB prices are sky rocketing.

So much for the useless PSLE grad and janitor who "knows" the world about credit cards.

Sucks to be rubbish like him.

And kindly just shut up and stop your complaining about life in Singapore as well as the Government's decision to allow the free market to determine the price for housing. They know what they are doing and the PAP has always been doing a great job of running the country.

heroboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vote for any candidate that is non-FAPee! Period!

So which opposition candidate had the best policies.. What are they and how will they implement? It's not enough just to say vote for someone else just cos they talk cock. Must have plans that will still enable people to put food on the table. If u people are serious then show me a real solution. I'm yet to see this in this forum.