• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Ceiling fan blade broke, angry customer demands $5k compensation or she'll ruin their reputation, so then company sues her for defamation

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point One Technology went to her home and changed the fan for her, stating that the fan had been improperly installed by a third party, said Ong.

The installer had completed the job with two screws on each blade instead of the stipulated four, but that didn't account for cracks on the fan, Ong stated.
--------------

Strange case, why did the company allowed their product to be sold and installed by a 3rd party who was not properly trained?

Even if this is allowed, shouldn't the company clearly state in their sale that they shall not be responsible for any unauthorized 3rd party installation resulting in product failure or accidents?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a civilized country, no need to demand money from the company. The lawyers will take care of it, the company's panties will be sued off.

In a shithole cuntry such as Sinkieland, you can forget about it. And don't expect the PAP crony jiakliaobees at CASE to help you.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point One Technology went to her home and changed the fan for her, stating that the fan had been improperly installed by a third party, said Ong.

The installer had completed the job with two screws on each blade instead of the stipulated four, but that didn't account for cracks on the fan, Ong stated.
--------------

Strange case, why did the company allowed their product to be sold and installed by a 3rd party who was not properly trained?

Even if this is allowed, shouldn't the company clearly state in their sale that they shall not be responsible for any unauthorized 3rd party installation resulting in product failure or accidents?
It's like asking why Apple allow Foxconn to build their phones la.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fucking company will surely lose the case because: "When they finally got back to agreeing to the compensation of $5,000 [over a week later]…they deleted the message" means that they have already admitted to their liability.

I would say go into litigation and increase the compensation amount due to additional mental stress caused as a result of the subsequent denial by the company. This kind of fucking bastard company must definitely teach them a lesson kao kao and let them go bankrupt. If this fucking company will read my this post here, I dare them to come and sue me. I'm all ready for it.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Group of people with questionable ethics and lack of knowledge in the law gets boiled and cooked in one big pot...seller loses reputation and buyer gets served legal letter well done!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be kumgong didn't use SS304 screws in a humid country like Singapore.
It's not the screws that broke lah. I think it's the disintegration of the fan blade itself. So, it's a manufacturing defect as well as a quality problem.

Last edited:

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not the screws that broke lah. I think it's the disintegration of the fan blade itself. So, it's a manufacturing defect as well as a quality problem.
Wah...you mean no screws involved? My KDK all got screws leh...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nowadays technology is advanced. Have you tried the bladeless Dyson fan?

main-qimg-93d9ae34d15b33818f34426c2c5111b0

Plenty of bladeless ceiling fans too.

https://shopee.sg/search?keyword=bladeless ceiling fan

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fucking company will surely lose the case because: "When they finally got back to agreeing to the compensation of $5,000 [over a week later]…they deleted the message" means that they have already admitted to their liability.

I would say go into litigation and increase the compensation amount due to additional mental stress caused as a result of the subsequent denial by the company. This kind of fucking bastard company must definitely teach them a lesson kao kao and let them go bankrupt. If this fucking company will read my this post here, I dare them to come and sue me. I'm all ready for it.
Well said ! No 10k compensation no close case

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screws to mount the blades, yes. But I don't think it's the screws that gave way. From the report, a part of the blade first broke away and then its remaining piece also broke subsequently.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a fuck up messy house! And she has the audacity to post the video of the state of her house publicly on FB! If it was me, I don't know where to hide my face.