• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[serious question] which SAF vocations/camps got no malay?

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it true there are no malays in armour? what other vocations are our malay/muslim bros banned from?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There are, in most if not all camps. My signals op pee sai was a Malay, my S3 too. All steady poon pi pi gentlemen.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it true there are no malays in armour? what other vocations are our malay/muslim bros banned from?

I recall an incident at the SAF Ammunition Base a long time ago. One of the Chinese chaps married a malay woman (he had to convert to islam) and found himself posted out in double quick time. It was subsequently made clear to me (unofficially of course) that muslims (not just malays) would not obtain the necessary security clearance to serve at certain "sensitive" units.

They now call themselves the SAF Ammunition Command and I wonder if their security vetting still excludes muslims?

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was serving my early years of ICT at the old RATC (the one at the furthest end of Sungei Gedong Camp) under the regime of LTC Ralph Patterson, there was a MAJ Lee XX whom is the chief trainer. The old timers told me his career somehow halted when he married a muslim wife and got posted to places like RATC, a place where there isn't much operation but just to refresh reservists. Duuno how true this is lah ... I guess he already left SAF.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 85 year old fella's son (the one with leukemia) once acknowledged that there are no muslim in the commando unit.
Yet the old man said that 70% of the Malays voted for PAP in the last election-something I can't quite figure out.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about SAF vocations? Should include RSAF and RSN too. Has anyone seen a Malay/Muslim aircraft technician, pilot, sailor or skipper before? (Police coastguiards and patrolboats not counted.)