• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serie A Season 10/11

F

Filippo Inzaghi

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mw_uRlPazOA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AC Milan Lifting Scudetto and Celebrations

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8BvpAndIZU0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lazio 4 - 2 Genoa
All Goals & Highlights 14.05.2011

<OBJECT width="470" height="353"><PARAM name="movie" value="http://video.rutube.ru/63be4ebb8e0f5a79c3533924ab6ad39f"></PARAM><PARAM name="wmode" value="window"></PARAM><PARAM name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></PARAM><PARAM name="flashVars" value="uid=4240646"></PARAM><EMBED src="http://video.rutube.ru/63be4ebb8e0f5a79c3533924ab6ad39f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="470" height="353" allowFullScreen="true" flashVars="uid=4240646"></EMBED></OBJECT>

AC Milan 4 - 1 Cagliari
All Goals & Highlights 14.05.2011

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b6qdPsWJ6UU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Napoli 1 - 1 Inter Milan
Goal & Highlights 15.05.2011

Last edited by a moderator:

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agent confident of Aquilani move

18 May 2011

12427238640.jpg

On-loan Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani remains likely to make a permanent move to Juventus, according to his agent.

The 26-year-old has made 32 league appearances for Juventus since being loaned out by the Reds in August 2010, and the two clubs have been negotiating to make the deal permanent.

Although the Serie A side missed their May 15 deadline to complete the agreed 16 million euro signing, Aquilani's agent Franco Zavaglia is still confident the move will happen.

Zavaglia said on Wednesday Juventus were hoping to lower the English Premier League side's asking price.

"We're waiting to see how things evolve," he told Radio Sportiva.

"Juventus didn't take up their option to sign him, but I'm still confident because I think that Liverpool are ready to do a deal. I believe an agreement will be found eventually."

"He's still a Liverpool player and if an agreement with Juventus is not reached then he'll respect his contract. Liverpool are one of the best clubs in the world."

Zavaglia said he did not believe Juventus had sufficient cover in midfield, even with their rumoured interest in numerous other players.

"He's had an important season and has been present. It's not true that Aquilani is always injured and he's proved that this term," he said.

Juventus sit in seventh in the Serie A and need to win their last game of the season at home to Napoli on Sunday, while hoping sixth-placed Roma lose to the relegated Sampdoria, to clinch a Europa League spot.

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pirlo to leave San Siro

19 May 2011

12427238690.jpg

AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo has confirmed he will leave the club at the end of the season.

The 31-year-old, whose contract expires next month, revealed on Wednesday his 10-year stay with Milan was coming to an end.

The two-time Scudetto and UEFA Champions League winner is leaving by mutual agreement with Milan, with reports suggesting he is set to join Serie A rivals Juventus.

"I am here to say goodbye. These were 10 unforgettable years and it's a consensual separation," Pirlo said.

"Do I hope Milan will regret losing me? Yes."

There was some good news for the club after they announced veteran striker Filippo Inzaghi had signed a one-year contract extension.

"AC Milan announces that Inzaghi has extended his contract until June 30, 2012," a club statement read.

Defender Alessandro Nesta has also signed on for another year, adding to Tuesday's new deals for Thiago Silva, Flavio Roma and Mark van Bommel.

E

Edinson Cavani

Taiwo signs with Milan
21 May 2011

12427239190.jpg

Nigeria fullback Taye Taiwo has joined Serie A champions AC Milan on a free transfer from Ligue 1 club Marseille.

Taiwo, 26, completed a medical with Milan on Wednesday before finalising his switch from the Stade Velodrome to the San Siro on Thursday, signing a three-year contract.

The left-back had made more than 185 appearances in six seasons with Marseille, playing a key part in the club's Ligue 1 championship success last season.

Formerly of Nigerian clubs Lobi Stars and Gabros, Taiwo scored the winner for Marseille in their League Cup final victory against Montpellier last month.

"I thank God for this move, joining another big team like AC Milan is a dream come true," Taiwo said.

"I am leaving a big club for another one, one I was only able to dream of playing for as a kid."

"I will surely miss the city and Olympique Marseille, the fans, players, management and French football in general."

"It is emotional and sad to leave a place I have come to call home but I'm taking a piece of Marseille with me."

Taiwo has 48 caps for Nigeria and appeared in the 2010 World Cup finals.

He joins a Milan side celebrating their first Scudetto since 2004, the same year he made his full international debut.

"I hope to bring my best to a team that's parading great players already," he said.

"The three-year deal is signed now and all I can do is give my all to a dream club and win trophies to complete the union."

"I am a happy man and my immediate target is to be a winner here."

E

Edinson Cavani

Cavani pens new deal with Napoli
20 May 2011

Edinson-Cavani-6.jpg

Napoli striker Edinson Cavani has signed a five-year deal that will keep him at the club until 2016.

Cavani was originally signed on a season-long loan from Palermo, but the Uruguayan has scored an impressive 26 goals this campaign and Napoli have been keen to make his deal permanent.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed the new deal on radio station Radio Marte.

"With Edinson we met today and we have extended our relationship. Then he left for Uruguay after signing the new agreement with me," De Laurentiis said.

"We are satisfied and I am personally pleased to have a champion in the team but especially a nice person. Edinson is a man who has great faith and great personality, an important element for a Napoli team that has plenty of personality."

Cavani is currently suspended and will miss Napoli's final game of the season against Juventus on Sunday.

E

Edinson Cavani

Serie A preview: Udinese hunting Euro berth
20 May 2011

12427238970.jpg

Udinese will be looking to seal a place in next season's UEFA Champions League when they host champions AC Milan in the Serie A on Sunday.

Francesco Guidolin's team can guarantee their fourth spot with a point against Milan, who are unbeaten in seven league outings, at the Stadio Friuli on the last day of the season.

Udinese would book their spot in the Champions League for the first time since 2005/06 if they can achieve the result and Guidolin said they would need to be clinical in the attacking third.

"AC Milan are not just any team but the Serie A champion," Guidolin said.

"We need one more point but it will be very difficult. We need to be focused and ready for the task that awaits us."

"We have to make the most of our chances in order to obtain the result that would take us to paradise."

Lazio, who are two points adrift in fifth, will need to collect three points at Lecce if they are to have any chance of stealing Udinese's spot.

Juventus are also relying on other results if they are to sneak a European spot for next season.

They host third-placed Napoli and need to win, as well as hoping Roma lose at home to the relegated Sampdoria, to clinch sixth spot.

Second-placed Inter Milan head into their meeting with Catania with the runners-up position already confirmed.

Coach Leonardo will want to go into the Coppa Italia final against Palermo on May 29 with a full strength squad, meaning he will not be taking any risks, while Catania can finish no higher than 10th.

Palermo manager Delio Rossi may do likewise when his team welcomes Chievo with a European spot out of their grasp.

Struggling Bologna, who have survived the drop, will be looking for their first win since March 13 when the relegated Bari visit.

Cagliari will be out to break a four-game losing run when they host Parma, who are unbeaten in their last five outings.

Elsewhere, Genoa and Cesena will do battle and the relegated Brescia will host Fiorentina.

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Seedorf stays at San Siro
26 May 2011

12427240520.jpg

AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf has signed a one-year contract extension with the Serie A champions, the club announced on Wednesday.

There had been speculation over the 35-year-old's future with his contract set to expire in June.

But rumours of his impending departure have been put to rest as the Dutch international signed a deal to stay with the club he joined in 2002.

"There was almost no need to negotiate. Last week, we settled on an agreement on the main points of the contract and today we have finalised it," he said.

"Everything is fine. There weren't any problems. AC Milan has made me an offer, which I've accepted. As I've said, we didn't negotiate that much. Everything has been very quiet and serene."

Seedorf said there were no problems between him and the club in reaching the agreement.

"The willingness of the club and of the president (Silvio Berlusconi) has been very clear and I've been clear as well. In this way, we can restart next year with important objectives, like all years," he said.

"We have won the championship and now we should get closer to Europe. This represents a great incentive for me and I'd like to repeat the same performance next year as well."

Seedorf joins fellow veterans Alessandro Nesta, Massimo Ambrosini and Filippo Inzaghi in signing new deals to remain at the San Siro.

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pirlo: I want to win with Juventus
25 May 2011

12427240410.jpg

Serie A giants Juventus have completed the signing of Andrea Pirlo from newly crowned Serie A champions Milan.

The veteran midfielder joins on a free transfer and signs a three-year deal, ending his decade-long stay at the San Siro.

Juventus are looking to strengthen after a disappointing campaign, which has already claimed the job of manager Luigi Delneri after he failed to qualify the side for Europe.

The club now hope that Pirlo's arrival will inspire them to better things next season.

"This is our new player, an unrestricted free agent: Andrea Pirlo," Juventus sporting director Beppe Marotta said at a press conference unveiling the new signing on Wednesday.

"I don't want to spend too many words describing his footballing and personal skills since he has written many important pages in the recent history of Italian football. His accomplishments talk for themselves. I'm just taking this occasion to welcome him and wish him all the best for this new adventure."

Pirlo played for Brescia and Inter before joining Milan in 2001, where he made over 400 appearances.

The 32-year-old won two Scudettos and a Champions League title with Milan, and his 72-cap Italy career features a part in the 2006 World Cup triumph.

"I've chosen Juventus because it is one of the most important teams in Italy, in Europe and in the world along with Inter and Milan," Pirlo said.

"This team wants to win again. They haven't won for many years and I've chosen to join this team for this reason. I want to win and I believe this is the team which has more commitment and motivation to win and get back to the previous years' performances, which saw them win both in Italy and Europe. This is the reason why I've chosen Juventus. "

Juve look likely to spend the European summer rebuilding following the departure of Delneri.

Former Siena boss Antonio Conte is tipped to be announced as his replacement within a week.

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mazzarri signs five-year deal
24 May 2011

12427240120.jpg

Napoli boss Walter Mazzarri has signed a five-year deal to stay with the club which he guided to third in the Serie A this season.

Mazzarri's deal means he will lead Napoli into the group stages of the Champions League next season as they hope to replicate the form that saw them serious title challengers in the Serie A.

It was Napoli's best league finish in 21 years and the signing of the coach is a big fillip for the club, after he had gone on the record that he was not assured of being at the Stadio San Paolo next season.

"President (Aurelio) De Laurentiis and coach Mazzarri cleared the air to reinforce their personal relationship," a club statement said.

"After two years of collaboration which has taken Napoli into the Champions League before it was expected, the president and coach Mazzarri have agreed a new collaboration to continue the club's development for a further five years."

It is believed that the length of the contract negotiations occurred because Mazzarri felt he was not appreciated at the club.

"Each side must play his game but I should be appreciated, even if some people think I've messed up," Mazzari said before the meeting on Monday, which led to him agreeing terms.

"Thank God I have players who listen to me and I'm serious in my dealings with the club for which I work. I can look everyone in the eye. Before I talk to the press I must do so with the club about future plans and everything I've got in my head."

Mazzarri has been at the club for two years, initially guiding them into the Europa League before this season's success.

Prior to Napoli, Mazzarri was at Sampdoria - a club he also guided into European competition.

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Juve keen to net Aguero
27 May 2011

12427240720.jpg

Juventus can sign Sergio Aguero, but his price tag is 45 million euros.

That is how much Atletico Madrid want for the Argentina striker, who has scored 74 goals in 175 appearances for the La Liga club since signing from Independiente in 2006.

Speaking to Radio Marca, Atletico chief Miguel Angel Gil Marin rejected claims that Real Madrid wanted the player by revealing that Juventus have come forward.

"I have received no offer from Real Madrid and (President) Florentino Perez has assured me that they are not interested in the player," Marin said.

"The only side which I have talked to are Juventus."

"I have been contacted by the Italian club, they have sent me a letter in which they have asked to negotiate for the player."

"Last Monday we received a fax from the Bianconeri. They showed their interest, but we will only let Aguero go for 45 million - and not a euro less."

That figure is the same as Aguero’s release clause in his contract. Although such clauses are only valid domestically, in this case to Spanish clubs, it seems that Atletico still expect that sort of figure.

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta did meet with Aguero’s agents in Turin recently, but it is understood that he has yet to make Atletico an offer.

Earlier, the 22-year-old said he felt he needed a move to continue his development.

"I said long ago that when I wanted to go, I would say so publicly. And the time has come," the statement on his website said.

"So I keep to my word and here I am. I find it hard to leave Atletico. It hurts and saddens me."

"I've thought long and hard and I am convinced that I must be true to myself."

"I do not think I put a ceiling on the ability to keep learning, to keep growing."

"After five intense years, this stage for me personally is over and I have to give way to a new one."

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Trezeguet aims for Serie A comeback
28 May 2011

12427240880.jpg

Juventus legend David Trezeguet wants to return to Serie A next season.

The 33-year-old striker has spent the past season playing for Hercules in La Liga but the Spanish club has been relegated and Trezeguet is now looking for a new home.

The former French international, who scored 171 goals for Juve to become their fourth leading goal-scorer in history, had been linked with Napoli.

But now his agent Antonio Caliendo has claimed Lazio have shown interest in the proven striker.

"David is a free agent, as Hercules released him after the club was relegated," Caliendo told Lalaziosiamonoi.

"The transfer market is all about rumours, but I have to say there is genuine interest from Lazio."

"Trezeguet would represent an important element for the Biancocelesti, while Lazio would be a welcome option for the player."

Other offers are said to have come from Olympiakos, Diego Maradona’s new club Al-Wasl and Dynamo Kiev.

"Right now David is on vacation in New York and I don’t want to disturb him. When he returns, we will begin planning his future," Caliendo said.

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
109295938a539c2904ed87e00cb00c6cc3803937.jpg

Leonardo happy with Inter´s balance ahead of final
27 May 2011

12427240740.jpg

Inter Milan manager Leonardo has denied his side needs wholesale changes in the transfer window ahead of Sunday's Coppa Italia final.

Inter will take on Serie A rivals Palermo in their quest for a seventh Cup title, one that would add some cheer to a season largely devoid of good times for the proud club.

Leonardo was thrust to the helm at the San Siro following the spectacular sacking of Rafa Benitez in December, with Inter lagging well behind bitter rivals AC Milan in Serie A.

The 41-year-old Brazilian was a breath of fresh air in his first month as Inter recaptured some of the glory of their treble-winning days under Jose Mourinho.

But injuries and a lack of imagination came back to haunt them as they lost their grip on their defence of the Scudetto and the Champions League.

Despite their defensive woes and a swathe of injuries, Leonardo is confident he has the talent to retain the Coppa Italia, and is predicting a much-improved showing in the next campaign.

"This team has achieved something huge this season," the Inter manager said.

"We've been heavily penalised through a series of injuries but the team has shown great spirit."

"We struggled in the semi-final to overcome Roma but the final of the Coppa Italia will be a celebration."

"We don't need to bring in replacements (for next season). We just need to touch up a few areas to be competitive on all fronts but the nucleus of the team is already there and we won't interfere with that spirit."

Inter have a number of players under injury clouds, including goalkeeper Julio Cesar, defender Lucio and midfield pair Wesley Sneijder and Esteban Cambiasso, while right-back Maicon is suspended for the Sunday final.

Palermo boss Delio Rossi could be managing his last game at the club, with eccentric president Maurizio Zamparini reportedly ready to sack the former Foggia midfielder for the second time this season.

Rossi is confident his players can shock Inter and deliver the Coppa Italia to Palermo, despite the loss of Cesare Bovo and Armin Bacinovic due to suspension.

"We know we are up against the world champions but if we can play at our full potential we can beat any team. The players really want to bring home the cup for our fans," Rossi said.

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

10986014240b039da533f590959dbf3ee2eb4288.jpg

Coppa Italia final: Inter Milan 3 Palermo 1
30 May 2011

12427241210.jpg

Samuel Eto'o struck twice as Inter Milan ended their season on a high with a 3-1 win over Palermo in Sunday's Coppa Italia final.

Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder passed a late fitness test to play a key role at the Stadio Olimpico, setting up Cameroon striker Eto'o for Inter's first in the 26th minute.

Federico Balzaretti and Abel Hernandez came close to equalising before the break for Palmero, while substitute Fabrizio Miccoli also threatened in the second half.

But it was Inter who would find the game's second goal, with Eto'o again supplied by Sneijder to score from inside the area on 76 minutes.

Ezequiel Munoz struck for Palmero with two minutes remaining and to make for a nervous finish for Inter.

But Argentina forward Diego Milito, on as a substitute, netted a third in the 90th minute to guarantee victory for Inter.

The seventh Coppa Italia success in Inter's history goes someway to making up for a disappointing season.

After winning the treble under Jose Mourinho last season, they missed out on the Serie A title for the first time since 2006 and surrendered the Champions League with a shock quarter-final exit against Schalke.

The cup success may also help the cause of Brazilian coach Leonardo, who replaced the sacked Rafael Benitez in December.

"It's a huge satisfaction in an entertaining year, with many changes, for me and for Inter," Leonardo said.

"Being able to finish the last game of the season with two trophies is fantastic," he added, referring to the team's victory in the Club World Cup.

The victory also means Inter will take on cross-city rivals and Scudetto winner AC Milan in the 2011-12 Supercoppa Italia.