• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Separate section for copy and paste threads?

What to do with Copy & Paste Articles from various news sources

• Leave them in the "Friendly Coffee Shop Talk" section.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Create a new section just for this category of Posts.

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Copy and paste is good if reader hasn't read such articles yet! If you come to coffeeshop and start going straight to the mainpoints without providing the background, will people know WTF you are talking about?

So many restrictions you will chase aways many users!

Why bring out this again? The statue of limitation has already expired!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Copy and paste is good if reader hasn't read such articles yet! If you come to coffeeshop and start going straight to the mainpoints without providing the background, will people know WTF you are talking about?

So many restrictions you will chase aways many users!

Why bring out this again? The statue of limitation has already expired!

Next time no matter whether it is you or Krafty posting, provide the original link to the article as a form of courtesy. At least you kicked the habit of posting one liners.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I come to this forum to read just that! The news of interests from CNN, BBC, CNA, Stomp etc. This is a one-stop centre to read those news specially selected for SammyBoy forumers. I don't need to go through each of those sites to read and some sites like CNN is slow. Reading those news threads is a good past time.

Those non-copy-and-paste news thread are boring. For example, leetahbah's thread, he is always babbling about something or krafty's one or two liner threads.

Truth. Totally.

Boss Sam, copying-and-pasting, or at least linking to, newsworthy news, is one of the best quality ways to start conversations on forums. Rarely do you have other types (ie. non-news types) of Thread-Starting posts (eg. "I need advice on this personal problem", "I had a supernatural encounter", "I just assembled super godlike PC for less than $5k", etc. such are very rare and arguably belong to other subforums you could create, eg. Uncle Agony, Supernatural/Religious, Computer, etc.) which are worth reading or can actually help to start quality (ie. non-inane) conversations.

"Courtyard Café" should remain for anything goes, including interesting news.