• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Self Confession of Holey Veergin...AMDK version

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

It feels like I missed years of self-discovery​

For most of my adult life, my sexuality felt like a distant, hidden part of me. It's taken the last three years for me to peel back the sheets and find my stride. I bought my first vibrator. I leaned into things I knew I liked. I drew boundaries around things I didn't like. I surprised myself with what I was open to and what I enjoyed.

Do I regret waiting? Yes and no. Now, at 39, I wish I had explored more in my sexual prime. It feels like I missed years of self-discovery. On the other hand, I recognize that the innocence of young love can cause us to give more than we're prepared to, and I'm glad I didn't give beyond my readiness.

Recently, I watched "The Reluctant Traveler" with Eugene Levy. At the end of season two, Levy takes a boat into the Strait of Gibraltar. He points across the water. "That's Africa. I can hardly believe I'm here." The boat eventually comes to a stop amid a pod of curious pilot whales. Levy peers over the bow in wonder as they surface and whistle around him. He looks up at the camera and says, "You're never too old to get acquainted with the world you live in."

In the same way, I'm never too old to get acquainted with the body I live in. Is it strange to be in the early years of my sex life while those around me are in the (much) later years of theirs? Sure. Is it also liberating to experience sexual awakening in mid-life? Absolutely.