• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scroobal, when will you write us a book?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I know why I have to go solo. But I remain quietly confident mine will be a success. Should give Hard Truths a good fight. But must runroad first. Otherwise kena ISA and OSA.

bro Goldendragon, I will queue up overnight to buy your book if required!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am reading this book by William Shirer, The Rise and Fall of the third Reich. When Hitler finished Mein Kampf, it didnt sell well. But by the time he became Chancellor, in his first year of office in 1933, he had sold a million copies, and his royalties brought him a million marks which at the time, made him the most prosperous author in Germany. From being a penniless bum all his child and teen life, he became a millionaire and the money actually sustained him for quite a while in his election campaigns. Yes, elections. Hitler was constitutionally elected as Chancellor!

And yes! he had problems with the income tax dept! He was given to hiding his real income but claiming a lot of expenses as a political writer!

They are just following Hitler's example. Plus it is a great way to cheat on your taxes. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many groups and gathering where real information is exchanged quite freely and in kopi tiam manner. Usually amongst those who are better educated. The Govt itself does this in a number of close door forums on a regular basis. The Pyramid Club sessions are very honest and open. Again the crowd is the upper echelon. Ministers do it with student and hostel leaders all the time as they are considered the next generation of leaders. The Chatham house rules usually apply.

But these are not shared with the rest of society. They rely on the State Press. Contrary to popular beliefs PAP members and grassroots are not given the same information. They are actually fed on the same diet as the rest but in their case it is a captive audience.

Name me one other forums where such information is passed on. TRE writes dissident stuff but no real information. You do realise they have been pilfering from this site for years.

This site has a number of reliable chaps with good track record that throw this information. My suspicion is that most do not know the significance of the information. A few however do and you might have noticed a series of cryptic excahnges. And I am not talking about localised knowledge where you work in an GLC and you know only about that GLC and those it associates with.

If I tell which Chief of SAF was removed because of his wife's conduct or what happened to the Ferrari parked in the basement of SIngtel HQ or if I ask you which ex-cabinet minister killed himself. I am sure you won't know. If I ask you which part of Singapore Mahathir stays with when he is with his Singapore girlfriend, I am sure you would not know that. Which forum revealed that LTK was going to stand for GRC?

If this was a developed country, all this would have been known to the majority.

Here is one for people to solve - Who was James Gomez's father and what did he do? Go ahead and write to all the forums and I will be surprised if people would know?

If the government has really smart people on the darkside, they already know who would know as much as you know (regardless whether you are one or a collective) within a range of 10-20 persons and to sieve down further to a 80-90% accuracy is easy. But to me, it does not matter anymore. Systemic failure is accelerating faster than the old man can sneeze. Part of this comes from increasing the population as population increases stress systemic infrastructure, soft and hard. Given the paranoia and the abuse of power for petty egotistical needs, too many wrong people are in positions from bottom to the top that require effectively delivery to keep the system moving. We have a case of big square pegs located on top of small round holes due to stupidity. Some people are in denial that the systemic cracks are just one of a few anomalies. Do not worry, they will come in larger and larger numbers till nobody cares what the dogs say and there will be no quick fix solution nor pacifying money to solve it. Endgame for this round is decided. Next round is interesting as Singapore is up for the taking within and without the national boundaries. Nobody knows what it will look like, and whether there is money in or out of this country will not change the attractiveness of this important geographical/logistical hub-node - well short of those few unspeakable cataclysmic events that occurs once in a billion years. I did not decide this, the actions decide the logical consequence in the real physical world.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Here is one for people to solve - Who was James Gomez's father and what did he do? Go ahead and write to all the forums and I will be surprised if people would know?

The slimeball's father was Thomas Vincent Gomez, an union man or something. For an union man, his family seemed to have lived in certain comfort and priviliege all these time :eek:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ever noticed something? Has writing books been part of public service?

Who is paying for their publishing?

First Harry had lots to tell so he wrote a book, then another, and another...

Then fat Nathan wrote a book...

Now Balaji has a book...

Soon there'll be 81 books???

Scroobal, when will you write a book?

Always nice to be introduced as an author, and have COPYRIGHT materials. :biggrin:

kepala butoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I tell which Chief of SAF was removed because of his wife's conduct or what happened to the Ferrari parked in the basement of SIngtel HQ or if I ask you which ex-cabinet minister killed himself. I am sure you won't know. If I ask you which part of Singapore Mahathir stays with when he is with his Singapore girlfriend, I am sure you would not know that. Which forum revealed that LTK was going to stand for GRC?

So pray tell:

1. Which Chief of SAF was removed because of his wife's conduct?

2. What happened to the Ferrari parked in the basement of SIngtel HQ?

3. Which ex-cabinet minister killed himself?

In this case, it was Wong Ling Ken in the early 80s I believe. The poor guy had a mental illness of some kind the press revealed later. It's a shame really - so little was known about mental illness then especially with stigmas associated with it ranging from medication to counselling. It was also spoken about it Francis Seow's book.

4. Which part of Singapore Mahathir stays with when he is with his Singapore girlfriend? I think that's bullshit - I doubt Mahathir misbehaves at his age.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and the father was a bigger slime ball. If the son has sense of morality he would apologise for all the misdeeds his father did. And it is atrocious.
The slimeball's father was Thomas Vincent Gomez, an union man or something. For an union man, his family seemed to have lived in certain comfort and priviliege all these time :eek:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got Lin Ken right. Poor chap. And I do agree on the lack of awareness on mental illness. A number of academics were also affected and took their lives. Could not explain. Interestingly his portfolio was taken over by his brother in law, Chua Sian Chin. The SAF chief got kicked to SIA as he could not control the wife and you can't have an army looked afte a chap who does not wear the pants in the house. Bey Soo Khiang. Finally resigned as he did not get the CEO position despite his seniority.
So pray tell:1. Which Chief of SAF was removed because of his wife's conduct?2. What happened to the Ferrari parked in the basement of SIngtel HQ?3. Which ex-cabinet minister killed himself? In this case, it was Wong Ling Ken in the early 80s I believe. The poor guy had a mental illness of some kind the press revealed later. It's a shame really - so little was known about mental illness then especially with stigmas associated with it ranging from medication to counselling. It was also spoken about it Francis Seow's book. 4. Which part of Singapore Mahathir stays with when he is with his Singapore girlfriend? I think that's bullshit - I doubt Mahathir misbehaves at his age.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome to the real world. Old man and Mahathir had one very good mutual friend. Arthur Lim is also a good friend of Poh Soo Kai. And I am not talking about previous acquaintances. When Soo Kai came out from detention, Arthur threw a welcome home bash. Arthur also coordinated old man'bash with Lim Boon Heng at the Shang. The Keviians are a power onto themselves. What if I told you that Lim Chin Siong and his family including children attended personal festive celebration at a PAP MPs house. None of them are living a double life. They are able to separate and segment their lives to stay sane. There is a code amongst all politicians.
So pray tell:4. Which part of Singapore Mahathir stays with when he is with his Singapore girlfriend? I think that's bullshit - I doubt Mahathir misbehaves at his age.

Last edited:

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
So pray tell:

1. Which Chief of SAF was removed because of his wife's conduct?

2. What happened to the Ferrari parked in the basement of SIngtel HQ?

3. Which ex-cabinet minister killed himself?

"In November 1985 one of Teh Cheang Wan’s (Minister for National Development) old associates told the CPIB that he had given Teh two cash payments of S$400,000 each in 1981 and 1982, to allow a development company to retain part of its land which had been earmarked for compulsory government acquisition, and to assist the developer in the purchase of state land. Teh denied receiving the money.
"He tried to bargain with the senior assistant director of the CPIB for the case not to be pursued. The cabinet secretary reported this and said Teh had asked to see me. I told the Cabinet Secretary that I could not see him until the investigations were over. A week later, on the morning of 15 December 1986, my security officer reported that Teh had died and left me a letter:

Prime Minister

I have been feeling very sad and depressed for the last two weeks. I feel responsible for the occurrence of this unfortunate incident and I feel I should accept full responsibility. As an honourable oriental gentleman I feel it is only right that I should pay the highest penalty for my mistake.

Yours faithfully,

Teh Cheang Wan

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When he killed himself, he was a cabinet minister and not an ex. Wong Lin Ken is the ex-cabinet minister.
So pray tell:1. Which Chief of SAF was removed because of his wife's conduct?"In November 1985 one of Teh Cheang Wan’s (Minister for National Development) old associates told the CPIB that he had given Teh two cash payments of S$400,000 each in 1981 and 1982, to allow a development company to retain part of its land which had been earmarked for compulsory government acquisition, and to assist the developer in the purchase of state land. Teh denied receiving the money. "He tried to bargain with the senior assistant director of the CPIB for the case not to be pursued. The cabinet secretary reported this and said Teh had asked to see me. I told the Cabinet Secretary that I could not see him until the investigations were over. A week later, on the morning of 15 December 1986, my security officer reported that Teh had died and left me a letter: Prime Minister I have been feeling very sad and depressed for the last two weeks. I feel responsible for the occurrence of this unfortunate incident and I feel I should accept full responsibility. As an honourable oriental gentleman I feel it is only right that I should pay the highest penalty for my mistake. Yours faithfully, Teh Cheang Wan

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
写书不是写输.

李光耀书籍可以赚钱! Publishers are working hard to milk from his name.

A collection of former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's speeches, interviews and dialogues over four decades - some of which are being released for the first time - was launched yesterday.

Published by Cengage Learning, the papers include Mr Lee's views and statements on Singapore's separation from the Federation of Malaysia, independence, Singapore's nation-building process and leadership succession.

Speaking at the launch of The Papers of Lee Kuan Yew yesterday, Mr Lee said whether for reflection or scrutiny, the papers capture issues and decisions that were both popular and unpopular, but necessary for the time.

The compilation of his speeches may allow Singaporeans to understand the history in nation building, and more importantly to learn the lessons from the past.

He stressed that Singaporeans have to understand the underlying values on which the nation was built.

The 10 volumes cover more than 5,000 pages of text and nearly 500 photographs, drawn from the collections of the National Archives of Singapore, as well as materials deposited over time from the office of the Press Secretary to Mr Lee, and the former Singapore Broadcasting Corporation.

It is also taken from agencies such as the Prime Minister's Office and the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts.

Publishing the collection would give readers a better understanding of Mr Lee's role in the founding and development of modern Singapore, said Cengage Learning.

In his foreword, former United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger wrote: "The volumes are an indispensable source for the thinking of one of the seminal thinkers of our period."

The collection is available in a case-bound edition at US$2,800 (S$3,647), and a leather-bound limited edition at US$3,600.

The next series of Mr Lee's works will cover his term as Senior Minister to the present, and is planned for release in the last quarter of next year.