• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scientists confirm forummer eatshitndie's signature - we do carry Neanderthal genes

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scientists reveal health benefits of breeding with Neanderthals
Humans rose to dominance across the world after breeding with Neanderthals, according to new research.
neanderthal_1958942c.jpg

Neanderthals mated with early humans, according to research. Photo: BBC

By Graeme Paton
11:34AM BST 21 Aug 2011

Interbreeding between the two species between 65,000 and 90,000 years ago speeded up modern man’s rapid rise to the head of the evolutionary tree, it is claimed.

It was established last year that a small part of the human genome can be traced back to Neanderthals.

But Prof Peter Parham, an expert in immunology at Stanford medical school in California, has now proved how this instilled a “hybrid vigour” in Homo sapiens that allowed them to go on to populate the world.

According to The Sunday Times, crossbreeding provided humans with a ready-mixed cocktail of disease-resistant genes when the species first ventured out of its native Africa.

This, in effect, speeded up man’s global dominance as they did not need to wait for evolution to do the job, it was claimed.

Matt Pope, a senior research fellow in the Department for Archaeologist at University College London, said the latest study presented exciting evidence of man’s relationship with his ancestors.

“If modern humans were getting close enough to share DNA, what else were they sharing?” he told the paper.

“Rather than having to evolve from scratch as they moved out of Africa into Europe and Asia, this interaction would have provided a fast-track to new environments.”

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Scientists confirm forummer eatshitndie's signature - we do carry Neanderthal gen

No, you just confirm both species eat, shit and die. :biggrin:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Scientists confirm forummer eatshitndie's signature - we do carry Neanderthal gen

somehow, I don't buy the bullshit from Darwin's theory of evolution...

there are still no prove of the inbetween bridge from Neanderthals into modern humans... in fact, there are little changes from man, 5000 years ago till now... in theory, after 5000 years, there should be some sort of evolution... but none.

my theory is that Humans are either a successful experiment from aliens, or Humans were from another planet... just try to look at the sun, and you get what I mean... if you put a horse, cat, dog, tiger, cow, and make them look at the sun, they don't look away! think about that.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

there are still no prove of the inbetween bridge from Neanderthals into modern humans... in fact, there are little changes from man, 5000 years ago till now... in theory, after 5000 years, there should be some sort of evolution... but none.

Are you expecting the evolution changes when man mate with monkey to become mankey ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the chap in the pic looks so handsome. reminds me of ramseth, the handsomest guy in sbf.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

somehow, I don't buy the bullshit from Darwin's theory of evolution...

my theory is that Humans are either a successful experiment from aliens, or Humans were from another planet... just try to look at the sun, and you get what I mean... if you put a horse, cat, dog, tiger, cow, and make them look at the sun, they don't look away! think about that.

who told you modern human 5000 years ago is the same as current homo-sapian. dun look at apperance, if you look at gene level you will get a shock

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

who told you modern human 5000 years ago is the same as current homo-sapian. dun look at apperance, if you look at gene level you will get a shock

Dear bro Vamjok,

Please share with me in the gene level, as my major is not biology, more towards engineering...

Perhaps you can share with us your findings? what are the difference between humans' gene / DNA 5000 years ago, versus humans today? are there any leaps and bounds evolution process that we can observe?

what are the agencies doing the comparison of the DNA? and how trustworthy are the test? are the information manipulated? if yes, why? what means does it serve?

Many things that we cannot explain, likewise on the issue of Crops Circles... some were proven to be elaborate hoax, and some is simply un-explainable...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, please enlighten us.. why/how did our genes get altered during the last 5000 years?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

my major is chemistry not biology as well. but i was curious about such stuff and was working in a bio-chem lab thus did read about it for own interest.

national selection rules all that i believe everyone knows here, so the trait that is favourable will be pass down to future generation. this is not just limited to physical traits, things like better resistance to disease like common flu as well. All these are at genetic level.

if you bring a man that is from 5000 years ago to current world, trust me he will not live long. there is a high likelyhood that he will die of very common diseases that might not affect us at all. Example maybe up to 99.9 percent of us might catch a common flu and recovery maybe in a few days, that very same flu might finished a community 5000 years ago.

actually when we talk about evolution, scientists do not look at just physical traits. They do consider things at genetic level which is often overlooked by those not in the field

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear bro Vamjok,

Please share with me in the gene level, as my major is not biology, more towards engineering...

Perhaps you can share with us your findings? what are the difference between humans' gene / DNA 5000 years ago, versus humans today? are there any leaps and bounds evolution process that we can observe?

what are the agencies doing the comparison of the DNA? and how trustworthy are the test? are the information manipulated? if yes, why? what means does it serve?

Many things that we cannot explain, likewise on the issue of Crops Circles... some were proven to be elaborate hoax, and some is simply un-explainable...

as to regards the agency doing the comparison, sorry i have no idea but that ans should be easily found if you search using scifinder. but u did bring in a n interesting point how trustworthy is the finding of the group, i remember my prof did mentioned that even the team that first published and mentioned that they completely decode the human genome, no one i think went and checked on them due to the strong backing they have (political reason). Things only starts to surfaces at later stage then they slowly try to patch things up.

i think there are many groups doing it now after the annoucement of complete decoding of human genome. i will be honest with u that the information about improve virus resistance is an evidence that we have evolved, i too had forgotten which journal i got it from as i read it more for interest.

if u really dying to know the ans....i can search for u using scifinder using tertiary account. but honestly i am feeling rather lazy at 3am now

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, please enlighten us.. why/how did our genes get altered during the last 5000 years?

its more or less a random process, in fact its happening at our daily life. however most of the mutation occurs in sections of the genes that does not contain any much vital informations for daily operation. read more about exon and intron sections of our genes if you are curious.

dna replication is an highly accurate process, however at times, things do goes wrong and a wrong sequences was being copied. this is how mutations took place. however as mention most of the time such random process occurs at the intron section of the genes which main function was to act as a buffer again mutations. Things only starts to have drastic change when mutation occurs on the extron section of the genes which is responsible for the coding of the proteins etc.

this is the best i can put across in lay man terms what happened roughly. The actual details of course is more complicated. but for discussion purpose understanding till this stage is more than enough for you to hold meaningful discussion on surface level with most people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intron#Simple_illustration_of_an_intron_and_RNA_splicing

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVuAwBGw_pQ

hope that helps

this one shows the slicing of mrna, which gives u an idea how come mutation on certain section of the genes does not cause any changes to the system, but just a small portion on one vital section, the balance might be changed

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

btw as mentioned i am a chemist. this one i only read for fun, anything too chim beyond what i had read i dunno