• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Save Sporean Campaign to support Businesses that Employ Sporeans .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let begin shifting our patronage to those businesses that are employing Singaporeans during these difficult times when there are clear choices to be made.

If we can't make the PAP more sensitive to the needs of Singaporeans, we can do this ourselves.

Nothing against foreigners but after seeing a German waiter, I think the message has to be sent.

If Gan Kim Yong does not know the feelings of Singaporeans, about time that he is made aware of it.

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should go to the coffee shop in Yishun Chong Pang ( Opp 7-11 ). Whole coffee shop all PRC, from the drinks seller to chicken rice stall. I had already swear to my wife that i will never purchase anything from that coffeeshop except for the nasi lemak stall which is still operate by Singaporean

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should go to the coffee shop in Yishun Chong Pang ( Opp 7-11 ). Whole coffee shop all PRC, from the drinks seller to chicken rice stall. I had already swear to my wife that i will never purchase anything from that coffeeshop except for the nasi lemak stall which is still operate by Singaporean

Good on you bro.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no doubt protectionism will not help us economically in the short run and in the long run. But there's also no doubt that if the government doesn't fully explain itself about its liberal attitude towards migration & employment and even financial sponsorship of foreigners, then they shouldn't blame Singaporeans who have become more protectionist- and even more xenophobic.

If the government doesn't fully explain itself and rectify the imbalance between the number of locals and foreigners being in school and being employed, then I'm afraid, its not only bad for us economically, but socially and within each individual, we will also all lose out.

What we need is a smart immigration policy in regards to foreign talent, and not the status quo. The status quo, without proper government explanation and action will not be good for all sides: government, local citizens and foreigners. All will lose in the long term.

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no doubt protectionism will not help us economically in the short run and in the long run. But there's also no doubt that if the government doesn't fully explain itself about its liberal attitude towards migration & employment and even financial sponsorship of foreigners, then they shouldn't blame Singaporeans who have become more protectionist- and even more xenophobic.

If the government doesn't fully explain itself and rectify the imbalance between the number of locals and foreigners being in school and being employed, then I'm afraid, its not only bad for us economically, but socially and within each individual, we will also all lose out.

What we need is a smart immigration policy in regards to foreign talent, and not the status quo. The status quo, without proper government explanation and action will not be good for all sides: government, local citizens and foreigners. All will lose in the long term.

Exactly. I see that education overseas has done you some good. Good we need thinking citizens.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. I see that education overseas has done you some good. Good we need thinking citizens.

The best way to debate issues with the government is to make sure you see all issues from different angles. And often only an overseas education offers that. In NUS and NTU, there's subtle signs of a gag order when it comes to politics that reflect the opposition parties' stances.

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
BOYCOTT !! BOYCOTT !! BOYCOTT !!

EAT MAGGIE MEE AT HOME !!

BOYCOTT !! BOYCOTT !! BOYCOTT !!

UNITED ! UNITED ! UNITED ! MY FELLOW SINGAPOREAN (exclude PR)

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let begin shifting our patronage to those businesses that are employing Singaporeans during these difficult times when there are clear choices to be made.
If we can't make the PAP more sensitive to the needs of Singaporeans, we can do this ourselves.
Nothing against foreigners but after seeing a German waiter, I think the message has to be sent.
If Gan Kim Yong does not know the feelings of Singaporeans, about time that he is made aware of it.

the only time pap like gan kim yong wakes up is when he lose his seat in the next elections... its better to remind voters those pap MPs who openly side with foreigners against locals...

jw5

Loyal

Where did you meet the German waiter?
In a German restaurant?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The omniscient scholars will tell you protectionism only leads us into a depression.

If you listen to these, you might end up, scribbling "Harry I Love You", on every wall you see.

What protectionism?, you do not protect the people's ricebowls, then why should they every vote for you? or even give you the mandate?, unless it is forcibly taken from them?

You have no money to pay for your bills to Singapore Power, mortgage to Housing Development Board, TV Licence to MDA, Pperty tax To Revenue Department, Conservancy Fees to Town Council, and others, if you add, you own a car..etc.. these bodies, going to say, "YOU POOR THING"..prepare to receive LEGAL PAPERS...

If they do not protect your employment or being employable, other than employing a foreigner with a smiliar skill, less wages, you will go into DEPRESSION!!

You think you are going to get help that easily with all the propaganda in the Shit papers, & mediacorpses channels...THNINK AGAIN!.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only time pap like gan kim yong wakes up is when he lose his seat in the next elections... its better to remind voters those pap MPs who openly side with foreigners against locals...

Yes, this is the time to sho0w that this is not acceptable. I can't believe within one week of Job Credit Scheme being announced, this idiot gave a speech on "hire on merit"

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you listen to these, you might end up, scribbling "Harry I Love You", on every wall you see.

You think you are going to get help that easily with all the propaganda in the Shit papers, & mediacorpses channels...THNINK AGAIN!.

Can't you tell that the sentence was mocking? If scholars were anywhere near omniscient we won't be seeing things like JCS and the arid state of liquidity experienced by our countrymen.

jw5

Loyal
Yes German restaurant at Harbourfront and he was an ordinary waiter. They had nepalese and pinoy staff as well.
The restaurant may argue that the German waiter would be useful in serving German customers who spoke very little English. Just like a non Japanese airlines would usually have one or two Japanese flight attendants on Japan routes.
The Nepalese and Pinoys would be because of cost reasons.
But I take the point that we should support Singaporean businesses which hire Singaporean staff. And we should remember not to vote for politicians who support foreigners.

bodaiman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya, ya, talk and talk
when erection come
some sweet honey like GST credit
titbits on workfare bonus
all is forgotten, all is forgiven,
you will vote wisely....................
not against those hated in this forum
ha ha ha ha
the next cycle will begins
hallelujah

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal
It could be that the German dude may also know the differences between Kabinett , Spätlese, Auslese and Eiswein. The german classification of wines is confusing for non natives or the layman. Hmm maybe I'll go test him out lol.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
we should compile a list of businesses that employs foreigners instead of Singaporean and circulate it round so that the public will know..