• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samsung chief desiigner: The Galaxy is not a copycat iPhone

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

3/23/2012 @ 4:15PM |2,917 views

Samsung Designer Says He's No Apple Copycat, Says Galaxy 'Original From The Beginning'

Brian Caulfield
, Forbes Staff

samsungapple-300x267.png

Quick question: Does anyone know how to say ‘are you f$%#ing kidding me’ in Korean?’

Lee Minhyouk, the lead designer for Samsung’s mobile division took umbrage with charges Samsung’s Galaxy smartphones are knockoffs of Apple‘s designs in a profile of the South Korean conglomerates smartphone effortspublished by Reuters Friday.

“I’ve made thousands of sketches and hundreds of prototype products (for the Galaxy),” Lee told Miyoung Kim at Reuters. “Does that mean I was putting on a mock show for so long, pretending to be designing?”

“As a designer, there’s an issue of dignity. (The Galaxy) is original from the beginning, and I’m the one who made it,” Lee said. “It’s a totally different product with a different design language and different technology infused.”

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any bro here who own a samsung phone/tablet will know.

The shape and form of the device as well as accessories is a dead ringer of Apple's. Even the kies application (samsung's take on the itunes software) looks like the same.

Imitation is indeed the best form of compliment.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Koreans are so shameless that they even claim that Confucius and Jesus are Koreans.

Korean Jesus

[video=youtube;aDzO5f64kdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDzO5f64kdc[/video]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They've officially dominated the display and electronic device market. I really take my hats off to them for keeping their manufacturing and supply chain tight. Other than that, their product designs leave much to be desired.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even the Japanese are dulan with the Koreans.

Watch this video.

Repeating red Japanese words in the middle:

1. Copy everything.
2. Make several changes.
3. Change the name.
4. Claim to be invented by (or originated from) Korea.
Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

rolling

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha :smile: but I think it only used to be a copy, with the new Samsung S3 they have cleary surpassed the iPhone 5... Samsung will be king in the future!