• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samantha says HDB heartlanders have no culture

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly we were discussing this Samantha thing and alot of my friends do not believe this is a real,spontaneous or really genuine thing. Many of us believe this is staged to garner more listeners for the station as well as creating a buzz among Singaporeans because such "insensitive outburst" defintely touches raw nerves and will ignite widespread exciting news coverage, which is happening exactly now.

More than 80% you are right. Lots of things are staged in our small island as long as objectives are met.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 80% you are right. Lots of things are staged in our small island as long as objectives are met.

HDB dwellers actually have genuine sub-culture
Even Japanese Adult Video is a form of culture

Samantha has to define culture before she opens her big smelly CB mouth

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean "Some of the forummers tried his wife before and leaked it out". Samantha could teach you some English so you will stop disgracing yourself here. If you have no money, which is most probably the case with people like you, maybe you could open your mouth and let her urine into it for payment.

i don't mind, i love BDSM

you have her number? i will post the field report here after i have tried her

Cammy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mar 26, 2011

WEB EXCLUSIVE

Holland V radio caller sorry for taunting heartlanders

By Ashutosh Ravikrishnan

ST_19578043.jpg

A woman known only as Samantha on Friday apologised for calling heartlanders 'not cultured' on 91.3FM's The Married Men. -- PHOTO BY KENNETH KOH

THE woman who pitted Holland Village against the heartlanders of Singapore has apologised on public radio.

She once again called 91.3FM's The Married Men on Friday morning and said that she wanted to retract her words expressed on radio in the above show, about the heartlanders of Singapore.

Known only as Samantha, she further explained that she was at a Starbucks outlet at Holland Village on Wednesday when she heard vulgarities from two men dressed in slippers and shorts.

She was ticked off by their actions and dressing and decided to call in to 91.3FM's The Married Men - on Wednesday - to rant. It caused a stir online among netizens, and on Facebook too among friends who found links to the broadcast segment.

The show has a daily segment for Singaporeans to call in and air their grievances. Nothing is off limits as the station does not want to restrict its listeners. Samantha began her rant about heartlanders and their alleged invasion of Holland Village.

'Oh gosh, I live in Holland Village and I just can't understand why people from the heartlands want to come here, because we people are cultured and you heartlanders are definitely not cultured.'

HEARTLANDERS

She went on to define heartlanders as people who lived in areas such as 'Ang Mo Kio, Yishun, Toa Payoh and 'the nearby Bukit Batok'.

When asked how she could tell that somebody was a heartlander, she cheekily said that heartlanders were easily identifiable. She said they had no manners, talked loudly and wore cheap clothes 'like those you buy off Bugis Street'.

One of her qualms with heartlanders was that they liked to 'shove and push' everybody. She added that some Caucasians along Orchard Road had also complained of the same thing.

91.3FM then opened the telephone lines once again and another woman, Maddy, called in to express her views. She introduced herself as living in Bedok. To this, Samantha let out an audible 'Oh my God' in the phone exchange on radio.

The two argued for five minutes. Maddy defended heartlanders, stating that they are 'pretty much well-educated and pretty much carry themselves well'. Samantha refused to give in and said that heartlanders needed to stay were they were.

Maddy asked her: 'Every heartlander earns their money, so why can't we go (to Holland Village)?'

To this, Samantha questioned heartlanders' ability to afford the things that people in Holland Village enjoyed, such as a bowl of laksa, which she claims is more expensive in Holland Village than in Bedok.

Deejay and host Rod Monteiro stopped the discussion due to time constraints, but that didn't stop other listeners from calling in throughout the day to express their amazement and anger at Samantha's comments. Not one caller supported Samantha and her comments in any way.

The blogosphere also reacted strongly to the stories and many outraged netizens began to attack Samantha and her opinions. After a day of reflection, Samantha decided to make the public apology.

However, it seems that this isn't enough for some listeners, who later called in and complained about the insincerity of Samantha's apology.

Mr Monteiro admits that he was put off by Samantha's comments, but told The Straits Times Online that he did understand where she was coming from - a place of anger.

'Everybody says things they don't mean when they're angry...three hours later...they look back and ask themselves 'Did I really say that?' he added.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I agree with Samantha. Well-established white enclaves such as Boat Quay and Holland Village are no places for non-white Singaporeans.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I agree with Samantha. Well-established white enclaves such as Boat Quay and Holland Village are no places for non-white Singaporeans.

Do I qualify as an Eurasian? Fact of life in Singapore is, all these places will be dead without Chinese patronage. All halal foodstalls and non-halal drink joints will also be dead without Chinese patronage. You want exclusivity? Join a private club and buy a membership. Holland V is as heartland as anywhere else in Singapore.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

No need non-white. Just people who know how to speak English properly. Someone please tell Samantha she doesn't cut it.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need non-white. Just people who know how to speak English properly. Someone please tell Samantha she doesn't cut it.

Behaving properly and speaking English properly are two different things. Many people can behave properly without speaking a word of English. Many who speak proper English can't behave properly.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Behaving properly and speaking English properly are two different things. Many people can behave properly without speaking a word of English. Many who speak proper English can't behave properly.

Samantha embarrasses me by being in Holland Village. Ask her to go back to her Robinson Road Ya Kun or OUB Centre Burger King where the other secretaries mingle and gossip.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do I qualify as an Eurasian? Fact of life in Singapore is, all these places will be dead without Chinese patronage. All halal foodstalls and non-halal drink joints will also be dead without Chinese patronage. You want exclusivity? Join a private club and buy a membership. Holland V is as heartland as anywhere else in Singapore.

Patronised by Chinese who are cultural whites, no problem. I think Samantha is referring to Chinese who are just not white enough, so to speak.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Patronised by Chinese who are cultural whites, no problem. I think Samantha is referring to Chinese who are just not white enough, so to speak.

Actually, I'm at times annoyed with some Chinese. It's common to see Chinese ah bengs and uncles in supposedly respectable restaurants, dressed in T's, bermudas and sandals. They seem to have no respect for others and no consideration for the ambience just because they have stash of cash or cards in their wallets.

In hawker centres, coffeeshops and public transport, it gets worse. The ah beng or uncle who removes his shoes or sandals and stick a stinky foot up on the bench or seat is always Chinese. Even not removing shoes or sandals is dirty.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I'm at times annoyed with some Chinese. It's common to see Chinese ah bengs and uncles in supposedly respectable restaurants, dressed in T's, bermudas and sandals. They seem to have no respect for others and no consideration for the ambience just because they have stash of cash or cards in their wallets.

In hawker centres, coffeeshops and public transport, it gets worse. The ah beng or uncle who removes his shoes or sandals and stick a stinky foot up on the bench or seat is always Chinese. Even not removing shoes or sandals is dirty.

There are Ah Bengs in all countries

If you hate these behaviors, the most suitable country for you is Japan

Most suppress undesirable behavior in public

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are Ah Bengs in all countries

If you hate these behaviors, the most suitable country for you is Japan

Most suppress undesirable behavior in public

And you claim to be living in US. In my four years in US, I've never seen anyone taking off shoes and sticking up foot on seats and benches in public. I've never been to Japan. But from TV, I think you're right.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you claim to be living in US. In my four years in US, I've never seen anyone taking off shoes and sticking up foot on seats and benches in public. I've never been to Japan. But from TV, I think you're right.

There are many losers in US too

When I was in school, people stick their legs up on chairs too

Other than NYC, SF and a couple of others, you will find a lot of losers here

However, you have the choice to avoid these people since there is a lot of space and you can go to somewhere you really like.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

You PAP cocksucking cheebye mouth bitch can sometimes post something that nails it completely! Up your points; not your arse this time!:oIo::biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You PAP cocksucking cheebye mouth bitch can sometimes post something that nails it completely! Up your points; not your arse this time!:oIo::biggrin:

You make your own assumptions. I'm waiting for the Tea Party movement to make its headway into Singapore.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You make your own assumptions. I'm waiting for the Tea Party movement to make its headway into Singapore.

Want to act chaste, you PAP cock sucking bitch? All the sexy clothes can't conceal that beautiful sexy bushy tail of yours!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::oIo: