• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saimee say he try all the way - kranji 2 aug

Natural Nine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Michael Maxworthy picks hits almost 80% , bro can post his picks again for tomoro sg race:biggrin:

http://www.turfclub.com.sg/DesktopM...ItemId=4091&ModuleId=1138&TabId=85&PortalId=0

Saimee looking to keep the run rolling
Craig Brennan
Thursday, August 06, 2009

Fresh from a career high seven winners last Sunday, Saimee Jumaat is looking to keep the ball rolling with a book of eight rides on Friday night.

Saimee originally had a full book of rides on the nine event card, but has lost one through the scratching of Ace Aliado, engaged in the last race, through gastric ulcers.

Singapore’s leading jockey with a total of 69 winners for the 2009 season, Saimee is still trying to come to grips with his remarkable performance last Sunday.

“I still can’t believe that I rode seven winners,” said Saimee. “It is slowly started to sink in but it has taken most of the week.”

Saimee was on such a high following his achievement that he barely slept on Sunday night.

“The adrenalin was still rushing through me I think,” said Saimee. “Monday morning is usually a sleep in morning but I was awake at 5am and going through the races in my head.

“I watched the replays of the races a few times and had a look at the internet. It was really hard coming to grips with what I had done.”

Prior to last Sunday’s meeting Saimee felt he had a good book of rides and was confident of riding a few winners, but wasn’t expecting seven.

Saimee goes into Friday night’s meeting not as confident as he was last Sunday but said he had picked up a good book of rides.

“There are some nice rides but overall they are not as strong as last week,” said Saimee. “Some of them have drawn nicely and hopefully they’ll run well.”

One mount that had Saimee talking was first starter Ace Armando, a debut runner for Laurie Laxon in race two, the $65,000 Initiation Stakes over 1000m.

By Pins from the Centaine mare Centaforce, Ace Armando has had two trials, running second to last Sunday’s impressive debut winner Better Than Ever on July 16 before a comfortable win in a 1000m heat on July 30.

“He’s trialled well and I’m excited to see him now at the races,” said Saimee. “He looks a nice prospect.”

With Friday night’s meeting being an all Polytrack meeting, Saimee said there were some subtle variances that needed to be taken into consideration.

“Obviously some horses prefer the turf and some the Polytrack,” said Saimee. “But the jockey also needs to be fitter.

“Horses travel a bit better on the turf whereas on the Polytrack they need to be pushed a little harder.

“I think Sean’s win last week on the Polytrack is the perfect example of that.”

Sean, one his Saimee’s seven winners last week, staged a remarkable effort to win. At the 800m mark he was five lengths behind the second last horse and being hard ridden, before charging down the outside in the straight to claim a narrow victory.

Saimee said what was also lost in his feat of riding seven winners last week was the magnificent achievement of Laurie Laxon training six winners.

“Sometimes when you see a jockey claim a big bag of winners they can be for two, three or even four trainers,” said Saimee.

“Last week my winners were for just two trainers, so Laurie’s effort to get six winners was a great achievement.”