• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF servicemen sneak out to fish ganna attacked in Perth

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF servicemen injured in attack by gang in Perth
By Ng Kai Ling
ST_IMAGES_P1BLURBS29-62H.jpg

One of the victims suffered severe bruising and cuts to his back and torso. Both his eyes were swollen and he may need plastic surgery on his eye. The other victim had a 2cm to 3cm cut on his forehead that required stitches. The two RSAF servicemen were attacked while fishing near Ascot Waters at 4am on Saturday by a group of about seven men who had asked them for cigarettes. -- PHOTO: WESTERN AUSTRALIA POLICE

THEY were beaten with a metal wrench, a beer bottle and even their own fishing rods.

And it was all because they refused to give their attackers cigarettes.

Two full-time national servicemen were injured in the assault by a gang of seven men, which happened in a quiet suburb of Perth on Saturday.

The off-duty Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) servicemen, aged 19 and 20, were fishing at about 4am when the group approached them to ask for cigarettes, said Western Australia police.

Both replied by asking how old the group were.

The seven men then left, only to return brandishing the empty bottle and the wrench.

This time they demanded the two Singaporeans hand over their wallets. They then set upon them with their makeshift weapons and the victims' fishing rods.

The group then fled the scene, taking with them some of the victims' cash and credit cards.

The servicemen were taken to Royal Perth Hospital, said police. The 19-year-old had a 2cm to 3cm cut on his forehead that required stitches.

His companion suffered severe bruising and cuts to his back and torso. Both his eyes were swollen and he may need plastic surgery on his eye.

No arrests have been made, the police told The Straits Times. They are looking for the group, described by the victims as 'dark-skinned males' in their late teens and early 20s, and with an average height of about 1.8m.

The residential suburb where the attack happened is called Ascot Waters, and is less than 10km from the city centre. It is popular with fishing enthusiasts as it is right by the Swan River.

In a statement yesterday, the Defence Ministry (Mindef) confirmed that both victims are in the air force.

Mindef added that they were based at the RSAF's Flying Training Institute at the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Base Pearce in Perth, about 35km from Ascot Waters.

The institute is home to servicemen from the RSAF's 130 Squadron.

The victims were discharged from the hospital on the same day and their next of kin were informed.

The RSAF detachment in the RAAF Base Pearce in Perth is assisting the Australian authorities with their investigations.

This is not the first time that Singaporean soldiers training in Australia have been involved in such incidents.

On Oct 19, 1996, two servicemen were attacked and robbed in front of a motel in Rockhampton, where the SAF's largest annual overseas exercise is held every year.

Earlier that month, another serviceman in Rockhampton was elbowed in the face by a passer-by.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
RSAF should train all their soldiers in KungFu, unarmed combat & taiqi before allow them to go out of their camp in foreign land.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the rate this is going, SAF will soon become a laughing stock worldwide and NSmen will be known as pussies and easy targets for crime.

No, I don't mean they need to be able to fight one-to-many, what I mean is being able to assess the situation and knowing how to take precautions or evasive measures.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
The word is Situational Awareness.
Another word is Street Smart
Another word is Six Sense
Another word is Compassion (Just give the bloody Cigarette)

These 2 boys lack of all the above.

Thank you PAP, your education system is so good that besides exam smart, these kids seems to have problem surviving in the real world, in fact, they are like PAP, who KPKB back home but a laughing stock outside SG.

At the rate this is going, SAF will soon become a laughing stock worldwide and NSmen will be known as pussies and easy targets for crime.

No, I don't mean they need to be able to fight one-to-many, what I mean is being able to assess the situation and knowing how to take precautions or evasive measures.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My only concern is that knowing they are hopelessly outnumbered and in a foreign land, they still failed to use their survival instincts and common sense to avoid trouble.:(
Btw, did they sneak out to fish or was it during their free time? Sneaking out is always an offence.:rolleyes:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you PAP, your education system is so good that besides exam smart, these kids seems to have problem surviving in the real world, in fact, they are like PAP, who KPKB back home but a laughing stock outside SG.

I agree with you but don't place all the blame on the Nsfs. In australia, I've always hated strangers asking me for cigarettes on the streets, especially those underaged runts. And they know better to target Asians because we are perceived to be more obliging.

So ok, blame the sinkie education system for being imperfect. But more than anything, blame the fucking aussie bogan culture that has been spoilt by decades of government welfare.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal

lol a good description of what happened

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you but don't place all the blame on the Nsfs. In australia, I've always hated strangers asking me for cigarettes on the streets, especially those underaged runts. And they know better to target Asians because we are perceived to be more obliging.

So ok, blame the sinkie education system for being imperfect. But more than anything, blame the fucking aussie bogan culture that has been spoilt by decades of government welfare.

yah, they always come around to bum for ciggies or change or shit. sometimes give they go away. but don't give they sometimes dulan.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bro, not only pussies.
2. but also mama boys mah!
3. remember the shot where the maid was carrying the ns guy things while he was walking ahead.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bro, i am in and out of down under many many times.
2. in no right frame of mind, one goes fishing at that time of the morning.
3. there are plenty things going on.
4. survival skills, my foot!
5. sheep dies on the spot if thrown into some foreign soil.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah, they always come around to bum for ciggies or change or shit. sometimes give they go away. but don't give they sometimes dulan.

what bro Einfield posted is right. have to use judgement in situations. I have told many bums and young cunts to bugger off when approached for free smokes. Mind you, the ciggy prices in Australia is even higher than what it is in singapore. Things that I consider:

1) whether it's just one person or a group asking versus how many people I'm with. If i'm outnumbered, then what the heck.....
2) whether they look high or drunk. If they are, they are not looking for a smoke. they are looking for a fight. Just give and walk away quickly.
3) whether it's day or night
4) whether it's a deserted place or on a busy street.
5) whether it's at chinatown or not. Racism does matter in big australian cities.

After a while, i just decided to stop smoking in public completely to save myself the hassle. Fuck their welfare ridden bogan culture. It is ruining a great country.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RSAF should train all their soldiers in KungFu, unarmed combat & taiqi before allow them to go out of their camp in foreign land.

That will take a long time. I suggest teaching them to be streetsmart is the panacea. But then again, how many streetsmarts in SAF to conduct the lectures?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Please forward your suggestion to Minister of Defence. That bugger sleeping every hour.