• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sabo lah RP Kenneth JB son!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDP n RP could have approached WP for a joint election bid but if rejected, should not have made it public.
They would surely do better without such nonsense publicity.
On the other hand, WP also looked bad and will guarantee animosity from other opposition parties with their arrogance.
They are all stupid

Agree. Sometimes a PAP IB makes sense.

Make a deal but privately.

On the other hand, WP's rebuffing KJ and CSJ makes him look arrogant and condescending.

Both sides lose.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would say Tan Kim Lian is the vote splitter instead.

Absolutely agree. Something which the blind WP supporters can't see, despite my explaining the logic to them ad infinitum.

In a multi-cornered fight, the 'spoiler' is always the one with the least votes - in this case, TKL, who lost his deposit. How can a guy who gained a respectable 25% (one in four voters supported TJS in a 4-cornered fight!) be considered the spoiler?

Secondly, TKL's 4.91% would almost all go to TCB if he had withdrawn, simply because TKL's supporters tend to be moderate oppo supporters as opposed to TJS's more hardcore supporter profile. That is, TCB would have won if TKL hadn't contested.

Q.E.D.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely agree. Something which the blind WP supporters can't see, despite my explaining the logic to them ad infinitum.

In a multi-cornered fight, the 'spoiler' is always the one with the least votes - in this case, TKL, who lost his deposit. How can a guy who gained a respectable 25% (one in four voters supported TJS in a 4-cornered fight!) be considered the spoiler?

Secondly, TKL's 4.91% would almost all go to TCB if he had withdrawn, simply because TKL's supporters tend to be moderate oppo supporters as opposed to TJS's more hardcore supporter profile. That is, TCB would have won if TKL hadn't contested.

Q.E.D.

Not exactly so clear cut.
TKL made radical stands too during the presidential election. He wanted to play voice of the people, donate his potential presidential salary, promote welfare and he exposed Jee Say's deviousness. My guess is, he took Jee Say's votes.

I conducted a one man nation wide survey after the PE. It seems that all those who voted for TKL gave sympathy votes.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL made radical stands too during the presidential election. He wanted to play voice of the people, donate his potential presidential salary, promote welfare and he exposed Jee Say's deviousness. My guess is, he took Jee Say's votes.

He might have taken some of TJS's votes, but more of TCB's votes. Remember TKL was a PAP cadre member with significant PAP grassroots support during his NTUC Income days. Some opposition supporters still have doubts about TKL's new-found opposition credentials, myself included.

All TCB needed was 1% from TKL's 4.91% and he'd have won.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
He might have taken some of TJS's votes, but more of TCB's votes. Remember TKL was a PAP cadre member with significant PAP grassroots support during his NTUC Income days. Some opposition supporters still have doubts about TKL's new-found opposition credentials, myself included.

All TCB needed was 1% from TKL's 4.91% and he'd have won.

thanks to God TCB the idiot n hypocrite did not win.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP n RP could have approached WP for a joint election bid but if rejected, should not have made it public.
They would surely do better without such nonsense publicity.
On the other hand, WP also looked bad and will guarantee animosity from other opposition parties with their arrogance.
They are all stupid

That is why I said that there is more than meets the eye. The point is not about winning the BE or giving people more choices.

They are in fact sending a message to WP.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I said that there is more than meets the eye. The point is not about winning the BE or giving people more choices.

They are in fact sending a message to WP.

Perhaps they are forced to do it given how selfish and predatory WP is.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Care to elaborate your description?

Very simple.
TCB started his campaign by touting himself as a voice for the people.
He changed tone completely after nomination and touted he wanted to unite the people whom he claimed was divided after the last GE which is absolute nonsence because all are free to vote their choice in a democratic election.
He also turned around and chided TKL n TJS for wanting to be voices for the people mid way during the campaign.
After losing the election, he worked with opposition parties.

Now how can he possibly want to unite the people like he claimed and work with opposition rather than working with the govt or ruling party?

You see how prata and snake this fella is?

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Q.E.D.

Any idiot who voted for TKL are obviously retards. Retarded voters will always go for the retarded Pro-opposition candidate which in this case is TJS. TCB will not win with or without TKL

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean you PAP is not selfish? What about AIM?

PAP is the ruling party n contests in all constituencies. The issue is alternative voice sir, you asleep?
Opposition had avoided three corner fights for a long time until the last election. Thats the problem.

godiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprisingly or not so surprisingly for some, GMS's only focus in this BE is on politicis and multi corner fights etc.

No mentioned at all about why we have this BE due to Palmgate or PAP's lousy screening process. So unlike Yawgate where he did the exact opposite.

Who else still have doubts where this GMS's loyalty lies. With his paymaster PAP of course.

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP is the ruling party n contests in all constituencies. The issue is alternative voice sir, you asleep?
Opposition had avoided three corner fights for a long time until the last election. Thats the problem.

So you agree the PAP is also selfish as manifested in the recent AIM transfer.

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, we agree that WP is selfish to want to dominate opposition.
We also agree that WP screwed up managing AHTC.

cheers

You reside in the area under the charge of AHTC?

I understand from residents there that they are very happy with WP's handling of AHTC.

Who are you to pass this comment?

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, we agree that WP is selfish to want to dominate opposition.
We also agree that WP screwed up managing AHTC.

cheers

Just realised you used the word "WE".

Who are the "WE"?

PAP IB as instructed by your boss?

Last edited: