• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Run if you have to

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
their banks are a sham. waiting for the day the bubble burst. at one point in time they were approving loans without collateral! That will bite them in the arse down the road

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
what's wrong with leaving the titanic? at this rate we will have the oversaturation of graduates like taiwan, the density of hongkong, the insane medical and therefore insurance cost of america, probably property bubble bursting, the list is endless. Did i mention most people are stupid are oblivious to almost everything?

Bro, this is a good place for those who wanna study here; they can even get some scholarships. This is a good place for the rich; to retire, to be landlord, to participate in events or as a tourist.

However, I figured that this is just not good place for those who need to work.

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something is definitely happening in China now. I met one of these people from the finance industry here that took immediate flight to Australia in the last couple of months. There is also an example I hear from my supplier. Mind you, these are not average employees but are close to director level.

China companies love to clock revenues (not profits) so that they can get larger trade/loan facilities from banks and then disappear.

This kind of people get rich faster than us.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, some of them just fly over and buy a $2mil house here outright. Sydney property is high due to a lot of these people.

China companies love to clock revenues (not profits) so that they can get larger trade/loan facilities from banks and then disappear.

This kind of people get rich faster than us.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
their banks are a sham. waiting for the day the bubble burst. at one point in time they were approving loans without collateral! That will bite them in the arse down the road

Even tier-2 banks (not big 4) resort to shadow banking to meet their cashflow obligations.

Not that the Chinese don't trust their own yuan but to them, a dollar within china is worth less than 90cents overseas. That's why bitcoins emerged as the fastest growing method to transfer money out.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person I met was involved in shadow banking. She said things like carrying trillions yuan to another county, province to dump in the banks there.

Even tier-2 banks (not big 4) resort to shadow banking to meet their cashflow obligations.

Not that the Chinese don't trust their own yuan but to them, a dollar within china is worth less than 90cents overseas. That's why bitcoins emerged as the fastest growing method to transfer money out.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beware of an up-coming IPO

A retail F&B group is half-dead due soaring rental and labor costs. The two bosses are now working with financial boutique firms to shore up the company accounts for an IPO in the near future to bailout the company.

Recently, the bosses injected personal funds to take over a proftiable bakery chain to "average up" the lacklustre group earnings. The bosses went on to recruit back a woman who was from the group's disposed business to do the dirty jobs under business development so that aduitors can adjust for "under-declared" earnings in earlier FYs for IPO.

Watch the show when it is launched.

Last edited:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Beware of an up-coming IPO

A retail F&B group is half-dead due soaring rental and labor costs. The two bosses are now working with financial boutique firms to shore up the company accounts for an IPO in the near future to bailout the company.

Recently, the bosses injected personal funds to take over a proftiable bakery chain to "average up" the lacklustre group earnings. The bosses went on to recruit back a woman who was from the group's disposed business to do the dirty jobs under business development so that aduitors can adjust for "under-declared" earnings in earlier FYs for IPO.

Watch the show when it is launched.

Wah bro how the fuck u know so much?

Need a nicksharing arrangement to hide your tracks whilst you unleash more "pichar lobang" news???

i sure look for a chance to fuck this stock properly.........

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you are on the run... I'm thinking of signing up for the sundown run 10k in May follow by the StanChart half in dec! Marathon running is the 'in' thing nowadays.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you are on the run... I'm thinking of signing up for the sundown run 10k in May follow by the StanChart half in dec! Marathon running is the 'in' thing nowadays.

The Truth About Marathons
Brother, have u ever wondered why marathons are more popular in developed countries? Eg, Singapore, Hongkong, New York, London, Boston, etc...... although best runners should be from Africa, or other poorer places?

Then again, do you know that the super-rich also exercise regularly but they will tell you that they swim instead of running? Swimming has minimal impact on your body. Our knees are like car parts subjected to wear & tear. If you still run regularly after the age of 30, I guarantee u that you will need knee replacement surgery within 10-20 years. In all fairness, doctors cannot go around telling the masses about the problem about running, but the informed rich will know.

Try telling your doc about knee problems and you will have either temporary pain relief or surgery. Knee replacement surgery is super common these days but it is risky and involves a lot of blood loss and lengthy recovery period. In addition, this surgery depends on the craftmanship of your doctor and many still ended up with imperfections after the surgery.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Truth about SIBOR-pegged Australian Property Loans......and Malaysia too

Gentlemen, i believe some of us have or intend to acquire investment properties in Australia. Lately, many Sg branches of renowned Aussie banks are offering loans for Australian properties pegged to SIBOR. The immediate savings, is at least 2.5%pa cheaper than an outright AUD loan from downunder.

Ok, here's the catch. Something weird happened in 2H13. Australian property price did not drop but some singaporeans faced margin calls for properties purchased under such SIBOR financing. Some of these loans were initially priced at higher AUDSGD rates and when AUD dived 12-15%, the owners were asked to cough out the FX differences. Technically, the whole property loan is based on SGD but the asset is priced in AUD.

This is made worse due to max loan gearing because the property and rental tax structure is very high in Australia; investors naturally favors max loan exposure when buying and use the interest expense to offset these taxes.

Banks value these overseas SIBOR loan properties based on the lower of current valuation or purchased price in local currency, resulting in the unexpected FX margin call. I believe the same phenomenon can also happen to those who invest in Malaysia properties with SIBOR-pegged loans for Malaysia properties, if Ringgit slips >15% against SGD.

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Truth about SIBOR-pegged Australian Property Loans......and Malaysia too

Gentlemen, i believe some of us have or intend to acquire investment properties in Australia. Lately, many Sg branches of renowned Aussie banks are offering loans for Australian properties pegged to SIBOR. The immediate savings, is at least 2.5%pa cheaper than an outright AUD loan from downunder.

Ok, here's the catch. Something weird happened in 2H13. Australian property price did not drop but some singaporeans faced margin calls for properties purchased under such SIBOR financing. Some of these loans were initially priced at higher AUDSGD rates and when AUD dived 12-15%, the owners were asked to cough out the FX differences. Technically, the whole property loan is based on SGD but the asset is priced in AUD.

This is made worse due to max loan gearing because the property and rental tax structure is very high in Australia; investors naturally favors max loan exposure when buying and use the interest expense to offset these taxes.

Banks value these overseas SIBOR loan properties based on the lower of current valuation or purchased price in local currency, resulting in the unexpected FX margin call. I believe the same phenomenon can also happen to those who invest in Malaysia properties with SIBOR-pegged loans for Malaysia properties, if Ringgit slips >15% against SGD.

Is it to one's benefit to buy an Aussie property using a loan in Sg if Aussie dollar slides further?

ChenHaoNan

Alfrescian
Loyal
u can run, but can u hide? ...

image.jpg

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE TRUTH ABOUT BITCOINS

Fiatleak.org is a splendid website that consolidates global Bitcoin transactions from leading Bitcoin exchanges. Whenever I leave the webpage running, Chinese Yuan (CNY) will always be the top-volume traded fiat currency (in exchange for Bitcoins), accounting for >70-80% of the turnover.

However, the Chinese online marketplace is just fraction of the global e-commerce value; so apparently the Chinese are not really madly using Bitcoin for shopping. fiatleak.org could be exposing some sort of monetary transfer by individuals in China; Bitcoins' stellar rise in value in 2013 is likely due to the exploitation of this virtual currency as a mean to transfer Chinese Yuan for another foreign currency in an offshore account.

China just crashed their largest domestic bitcoin exchange
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...-accept-new-deposits-for-bitcoin-trading.html