• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Roberto Baggio quits Italian Football Federation

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Baggio quits Italian Football Federation

The former Azzurri striker and 1993 Ballon d'Or winner has resigned as technical director after his proposals for reform were not implemented by the governing body

Jan 24, 2013 1:00:00 AM
By Barney Cullum

105191hp2.jpg

Roberto Baggio has resigned from his role with the Italian football federation after claiming his recommendations for improving the national game were ignored.

Baggio was tasked with restoring direction to Italian football after Marcelo Lippi's World Cup holders flopped in their defence of their title at the 2010 tournament in South Africa.

The former Juventus and Inter star said the federation had shown apathy towards his plans for over a year.

"I presented my project in December 2011, 900 pages, but they remained empty words," the 45-year-old told Italian television.

"I don't like just sitting on a chair but [rather] to do things, therefore reluctantly I have decided to leave," Baggio said.

In October Baggio made his frustrations known in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

He said: "So far there has only been one successful initiative, a well-attended course in Tuscany that was free and well attended by clubs from Pisa and Pontedera."

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ahh, Roberto Baggio, he was my idol many many years ago when he was in Juventus and Fiorentina.