• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Robbie Williams in battle with neighbour Jimmy Page over building work

Midway

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Robbie Williams in battle with neighbour Jimmy Page over building work

Take That singer at war with Led Zeppelin guitarist who is trying to block proposed revamp of multi-million pound property in west London

robbie-williams-_3164490b.jpg

Robbie Williams is at war with neighbour Jimmy Page Photo: Rex

By Agency
12:34PM GMT 14 Jan 2015

Robbie Williams' plans to revamp his multi-million pound mansion have gone down badly with his rock star neighbour Jimmy Page.

The Take That singer is at war with the Led Zeppelin guitarist, who is trying to block the proposed building work.

Page fears it could damage his own house and that Williams will be able to look into his property.

Williams bought his 46-room home for £17.5million following the death of its previous owner, the late film director Michael Winner, in 2013.

Page has lived in the next-door house since 1972 and is fiercely protective of its illustrious history.

It was built by acclaimed Victorian architect Williams Burges and was later saved from demolition by the poet John Betjeman and the writer Evelyn Waugh.

Williams, 40, and his 35-year-old wife Ayda Field have applied for planning permission to revamp the house to create a "contemporary standard of family living".

It includes making change to the garden and the internal layout of the west London property as well as replacing the roof of its glass studio.

However, Page has written to borough planning chiefs in a bid to stop the singer's master plan in its tracks.

He said the building work will include excavation and the partial filling in of the swimming pool.

Page added: "I am extremely concerned that this work will cause vibrations and possible structural damage with my house".

He goes on: "It appears the proposed new window is at a height that will overlook the side of my house as well as the garden at the rear of my property, thus having a significant impact on the amenity of the house and its garden."

Page also said the listing of Williams' house as grade II "should lead to an overall presumption" against any changes to the "building's fabric".

Page continued: "Although I understand that much of the interior was altered (and therefore compromised) by the current owners' predecessor, I believe most of the exterior of the original building remains intact and should therefore be considered sacrosanct."

He also invited planning bosses to his house so they can "make a full and proper assessment of the situation which gives rise to my concerns".