• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rise In Electricity Bills Long Overdue. Reflects Reality In World Oil Market

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
While oil prices have risen more than 400% in the last 2 years, our electricity bills hardly nudge, dislocated from the reality in the world oil market. As you know this is unsustainable and hence the increase in electricity prices to make it equitable to all, consumers and Power Utilities companies.

It is time poor retards stop using their air-cons, fans and stick to using their handheld fans.

Households to see average rise of about 21% in electricity bills from OctBy S.Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 September 2008 1035 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singaporeans will see an increase of 21 per cent in their electricity bills in the last quarter of this year.

The average electricity tariffs from October to December would go up by 5.38cents per kilowatt per hour.

The Energy Market Authority (EMA) said it's due to higher fuel oil prices.

For those living in the one to three room public housing flats, this would mean an increase of between S$90 and S$223 in electricity bills for this year.

But the government rebates of $310 to $330 will more than cover the increases for these households.

For the last quarter of this year, this is nearly S$155 per barrel, 38 per cent more than the third quarter.

"I am jobless, so burden for me also," one individual said.

"Even though I don't pay the bill, my son does so I still feel the pinch for him," said another.

Seah Choon Seng, executive director, Consumers Association of Singapore, said: "The 20 per cent adjustment in tariff price is quite hefty for consumers to bear and I suppose one of those very high adjustments we see in many years. We feel that the companies involved in the utilities business should work harder in improving their efficiency to bring down the costs for consumers."

The EMA said the government's U-save rebates to help offset increases in utilities bills is more than enough to cover this year's electricity price increase for one, two and three room HDB flats.

For four room HDB households, the increase to the bill size for this year would be marginally higher than the U-Save rebate given.

These homes received S$295 in U-save rebates. But the total bill size for 2008 is estimated at S$316.

Insurance agent Tommy Wijaya has taken steps to cut energy consumption in his apartment which houses 13 people.

He has installed the e-track device to monitor electricity consumption at home and that has helped bring down his electricity bill by a third, from around S$600 to around S$170 now.

He said: "What we can do is change our habits and change our lifestyles."

The EMA feels there is more room for Singaporeans to conserve and use less energy. That's because the EMA's surveys and findings show that nearly 40 per cent of Singapore homes are using more energy than they require to.

And the air conditioner's one of the largest energy guzzlers in homes here.

Khoo Chin Hean, chief executive, EMA, said: "There is a lot of use which can be curtailed. There is probably quite a bit of wasteful usage. It is this kind of usage we can be more mindful of and take measures to manage our consumption.”

The authority said if the forward fuel prices come down next month, the electricity tariff from January to March 2009 will be reduced accordingly. - CNA/vm

clinton444

Alfrescian
Loyal
While oil prices have risen more than 400% in the last 2 years, our electricity bills hardly nudge, dislocated from the reality in the world oil market. As you know this is unsustainable and hence the increase in electricity prices to make it equitable to all, consumers and Power Utilities companies.

It is time poor retards stop using their air-cons, fans and stick to using their handheld fans.

Yes, the poor should use the handheld fans to stick up your ass.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
You piece of shit, dun talk big behind your PC. Are you that brave in reality?

You retarded dog :mad:. We might have met in reality. You could be that dumb waiter, pump attendant, spastic salesman, you are in very likely have serve me before.

clinton444

Alfrescian
Loyal
You retarded dog :mad:. We might have met in reality. You could be that dumb waiter, pump attendant, spastic salesman, you are in very likely have serve me before.

Yes, we have met in reality and I have serve you B4. Have you forgotten about my 10 inch dildo up your ass? I still wish it didn't hurts.

clinton444

Alfrescian
Loyal
f88k you dead !!

Have u F UR M Today ??

Gardens School Dropout like you are REAL SPASTIC !! Stop playing yourself with your PLASTIC CHEE BYE, and stop poking your f88king eyes to see STARS **** in the broad daylight !!

Why steal other people's lines? You are a REAL RETARD, you can't even use
your own words. You are a disgrace to RICH POOR MAN.

LOL:biggrin::biggrin::p:p

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The overthrowing of your insatiably greedy owners and castration of their "spastic" and "retarded" running dogs is also long overdue!

DOG2.jpg

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insurance agent Tommy Wijaya has taken steps to cut energy consumption in his apartment which houses 13 people.

He has installed the e-track device to monitor electricity consumption at home and that has helped bring down his electricity bill by a third, from around S$600 to around S$170 now.

He said: "What we can do is change our habits and change our lifestyles."

from $600 bill to $170 bill is a third???? idiot 154th cannot do maths? and how the hell can someone cut the bill by $430 bucks???

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
from $600 bill to $170 bill is a third???? idiot 154th cannot do maths? and how the hell can someone cut the bill by $430 bucks???

You retarded dog :mad: Are you re-taking your PSLE Maths?

I have already taught you how to drastically cut down on your electric bills. Instead of using your air-con or fan which you can't afford, use handheld fans.

Understand moron..

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got meh!!!:rolleyes:Can post the thread here to substantiate your so called lessons in energy consevation:p. Eat your own shit if you cannot show us hor!!:cool:

You retarded spastic maggot :mad: Let me give you one more piece of advice. Don't on your PC and log in here to give your extremely retarded views.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
You retarded spastic maggot :mad: Let me give you one more piece of advice. Don't on your PC and log in here to give your extremely retarded views.

Don't need any crabby advice from u lah:p. Think we will all heave a sigh of relieve if we do not see any of your shit here :biggrin: The more shit you post...the more poking coming yr way...pronto spoilt classless brat :p

Last edited:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Power and their foreign partners have the chance to build solar power stations; but instead they want to continue to burn expensive fossil fuel and natural gas. Instead of moving to the source of renewable cheap energy that would cost less and less annually, Singapore is stuck in the stone age in terms of energy supplies.

If you ask me, that is just plain stupid. After all, we have sunlight 24/7. If we harness it, and use less oil, we basically spend less annually as we cut down on purchase of oil and gas- which will get more and more expensive annually.

PAP is basically just so indebted with Exxon Mobile, just like the US government.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Power and their foreign partners have the chance to build solar power stations; but instead they want to continue to burn expensive fossil fuel and natural gas. Instead of moving to the source of renewable cheap energy that would cost less and less annually, Singapore is stuck in the stone age in terms of energy supplies.

If you ask me, that is just plain stupid. After all, we have sunlight 24/7. If we harness it, and use less oil, we basically spend less annually as we cut down on purchase of oil and gas- which will get more and more expensive annually.

PAP is basically just so indebted with Exxon Mobile, just like the US government.

WTF Solar Power?? You spastic dog:mad: Do you know how much land we need if we want to harness the power of the sun. I really feel like shoving a solar panel up your arse cause that is where your ideas came from:mad:.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF Solar Power?? You spastic dog:mad: Do you know how much land we need if we want to harness the power of the sun. I really feel like shoving a solar panel up your arse cause that is where your ideas came from:mad:.

Evolving from a fossil fuel plant to a solar plant- at least a small to medium size- would not be difficult. Its a matter whether you want it or not.

I mean, most of the power plants are in Tuas.

nexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
By pegging the oil at $155 per barrel now, those power compaines and PUB will be the ones making a huge profit from this within the next few months. As the price per barrel is way less than $155. Once a barrel hits $155, they will they peg it $200 per barrel so that they can make the profit.

We have a first world govt that is happy to let its citizen die. Why give them first class salary when they give us this sort of treatment.

Time vote out PAP and clean spore of their running dogs