• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rick Chow shoots 14yo boy over four bottles of water

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Columbia convenience store owner charged with murder in shooting death of 14-year-old boy
www.wistv.com

By Nick Neville, Marcus Flowers and Tiffany Tran-Ozuna
Published: May. 29, 2023 at 5:27 PM GMT+8|Updated: 22 hours ago

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) -A Columbia convenience store owner is charged with murder in the shooting death of a 14-year-old boy.

According to the Richland County Sheriff’s Department, Rick Chow, who owns the Shell gas station on Parklane Road in Columbia, chased Cyrus Carmack-Belton from his store around 8 p.m. on Sunday night, and shot him just down the road in the 200 block of Springtree Drive.

“It’s senseless, it doesn’t make sense,” Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said in a Memorial Day press conference. “You have a family that’s grieving, we have a community that’s grieving over a 14-year-old who was shot.”

The owner suspected Carmack-Belton of shoplifting inside the store, which RCSD has said did not happen.
RCSD reviewed surveillance footage as part of this investigation.

“Regardless, even if he had shoplifted four bottles of water, which is what he initially took out of the cooler and then he put them back, even if he’d done that, that’s not something you shoot anybody over, much less a 14-year-old, but you just don’t do that,” Sheriff Lott said.

At one point, there was a verbal confrontation inside the store, but no indication that things turned physical, deputies say.

Chow, 58, and his son chased Carmack-Belton down the street. The teenager fell, but got back up and ran, Lott said.
Chow’s son told his father that Carmack-Belton was armed, according to RCSD.

Deputies recovered a gun believed to belong to the victim near his body.

RCSD said there is no evidence that Carmack-Belton pointed it at or threatened Chow.

Lott said that Carmack-Belton was running away when he was shot.

Richland County coroner Naida Rutherford said he had one gunshot wound to the right lower back.

Linda Suber, who lives nearby, saw Carmack-Belton lying on the ground on Sunday night.

“It’s just sad, it’s sad,” she said. “If y’all would have seen that baby laying right there, that’s all I can say.”

Suber’s son Tavaris Bell was murdered on Broad River Road in 2006.

“Just to see him laying right there, I didn’t get to see my son laying where he got killed, but I saw him in the hospital, it just brought back memories,” Suber said.

One woman who saw the shooting happen and called 911 said she wants justice.
She requested anonymity to speak candidly about the shooting and her experiences at the gas station.

“Do you even want to go in the store now because anything can happen now these days, and everybody’s getting trigger-happy,” she said. “I just really hope that he gets justice for it because that young man didn’t have to die like that. But for me to witness that yesterday, I’m in fear for my own brother, and for any of the kids that’s in my neighborhood because these kids, they come outside all the time, they come to this store all the time. Now it’s like now you have to watch your kids.”

Lott said there have been incidents and confrontations between customers and the owners of this store before, but nothing that would rise to the level of charging Chow in any of those incidents.

Several people described Chow as “nasty” and rude to customers.

Various community organizations and advocates against gun violence gathered around the gas station on Monday.

The store was closed Monday, with a sign on the that read: “We are closed for Memorial Day. Sorry for the inconvenience!”

A cardboard sign had been taped on the door by a protester, which read: “Water or Life? Which Means More?”
Rutherford provided an update to the crowd shortly after 3 p.m., and there was loud applause when Chow’s charge was announced.

WIS spoke with one of Carmack-Belton’s brothers Monday. He said his family, especially his mother, is torn up.

Carmack-Belton was a good kid, very smart and he did not deserve what happened to him, his brother said.

https://www.wistv.com/2023/05/30/co...d-with-murder-shooting-death-14-year-old-boy/

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The trigger happy chink cowboy

rick-chow-mugshot-ht-jt-230530_1685483895946_hpEmbed_11x14_992.jpg

https://abcnews.go.com/US/south-car...ed-murder-allegedly-killing/story?id=99704143

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The boy had a gun. Better you shoot first rather than him.
Blacks will start retaliating soon. Asian shops are sitting ducks.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kudo to the store owner for ridding one scum from the earth.

The leftist mass media instead of reprimanding the boy's family for not teaching him not to steal, instead blame the store owner for protecting his business. This is why leftist woke are Marxism under cover.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
4 bottle water, give the boy lah... No point shoot him as tge boy has no weapon
I can tell you that fucking dead piece of shit nigger probably has been to that store multiple times along with his gang to rob and threaten the lives of that store owner and his family with firearms. Today was it's last day on Earth. No weapon??? A gun was found near that dead piece of garbage. That fucking asshole died because of it's stupidity and probably deserve it. No fucks given.

4 bottles of water. A show of power for what even more worse to come in future lol.... that's what the media wants you to see to gain public support and sympathy so the BS BLM can start their looting exercise again. What you don't see are previous crimes committed on that man's family day in day out.