• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Rich Folks Who Sell Their Private Property Must Now Wait 15 Months Before They Can Buy The Biggest And Bestest Resale HDB!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1664553079302.png

SINGAPORE - The 15-month wait-out period imposed on current and former private property owners will moderate demand for Housing Board resale flats and keep them affordable, especially for first-time home buyers, said National Development Minister Desmond Lee.

This is because private residential property owners generally have more means to buy resale flats than first-time home buyers or existing HDB flat owners, said Mr Lee in video remarks on his ministry's YouTube page on Friday evening.

"Some may not even need to take loans to complete their purchase. They therefore tend to pay higher amounts of cash over valuation (COV) when they buy resale flats," he said.

COV refers to the difference between the sale price of a resale flat and its actual HDB valuation. The difference can be paid for only in cash by the buyer.

From Friday, private home owners must wait 15 months after the sale of their current home before they can buy a non-subsidised HDB resale flat.

Exceptions are made for those aged 55 and above who are moving from a private property to a four-room or smaller HDB resale flat, a two-room flexi flat or a community care apartment intended for seniors.

HDB will also, on a case-by-case basis, exempt those with genuine housing needs or those who face extenuating circumstances regardless of their age, said Mr Lee.

"We intend for this measure to be temporary. We will review this, depending on overall demand and market changes," said Mr Lee, referring to the 15-month wait-out period.

The latest round of cooling measures aims to nip overborrowing as both HDB resale and private home markets show growing signs of overheating. It comes just nine months after the last tranche of measures was implemented.

Two big moves to tighten the maximum amount that can be taken for home loans kicked in on Friday.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-flat-demand-ensure-affordability-desmond-lee

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They should reinstate that back to 24 months.

My property agent just told me rental rates have gone up. I should be able to revise the rents on my condos up by 20% next year when some rental agreements are up for renewal.

saynotomsm

Alfrescian
Loyal
This means that owners of resale HDB are not allowed to sell to buyers who owned a private property in the last 15 months. What kind of home ownership is that?

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
This means that owners of resale HDB are not allowed to sell to buyers who owned a private property in the last 15 months. What kind of home ownership is that?
Can we collect 5-10% deposit as an option, rent it to the buyer for 15 months, then exercise the sales option.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not Cooling Measures, this is Luke Warm measures, it doesn't help to drop the much overpriced property to a more reasonable and affordable level.
Coming from ministers without any investment experience and only got book knowledge . Good luck sg.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This "cooling" measure doesn't stop people from transacting million dollar pigeon holes "deals". Willing buyer willing seller. The rich and the en bloc windfall recipients will continue to buy resale flats at crazy prices.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
No experience book knowledge ministers. This is what I mean.

"I have already sold my condo, which was an investment property, and I'll leave my four-room HDB flat to my wife and two kids because they need a home. After the divorce, I'll have to move out, but where do I live for 15 months?"

saynotomsm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we collect 5-10% deposit as an option, rent it to the buyer for 15 months, then exercise the sales option.
Can't work. Where are the HDB sellers who need to buy another HDB flat going to live for the next 15 months?
Price of HDB can go either way 15 months down the road. Downgraders can choose to find a temp lodging until the 15 months period is up.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not Cooling Measures, this is Luke Warm measures, it doesn't help to drop the much overpriced property to a more reasonable and affordable level.
Actually Desmond isn't in charge of MND.

The big property developer bosses are. What they want is what they get.